Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That diorama is so simply yet so nicely done. Figures really do look like they're in an Echo Base corridor. Excellent posing too.

I have the DX set that came with two of them, but I constantly think to myself about picking up more since they're just so cool... lol. Also then I could have at least one of each holding a different weapon. My only complaint is the bases on mine were super wobbly. o_O

Can't decide which snowtrooper to get. The HT is 'better' overall, but the pants color is too dark. Has anyone tried lightening them? Spray mist of bleach? Wonder how you'd go about that....

Can't decide which snowtrooper to get. The HT is 'better' overall, but the pants color is too dark. Has anyone tried lightening them? Spray mist of bleach? Wonder how you'd go about that....

What are you comparing the HT snowtrooper to?

The SS is the only other option correct?

Oh, sorry - I thought you meant there was another 1/6 option. You mean you're trying to choose between the old SSC figure and the HT figure and you're not sure? :horror

Seriously - the helmet (plus several other things - hands, forearm armor etc) are just atrocious on the old SSC figure. Go with the HT snowie and just tell people he peed his pants if the yellowish color bugs you.:lol

Seriously - the helmet (plus several other things - hands, forearm armor etc) are just atrocious on the old SSC figure. Go with the HT snowie and just tell people he peed his pants if the yellowish color bugs you.:lol

Yeah, the HT is a clear winner, but I was just expressing the pants bugged me. Maybe I can find the SS pants on eBay or something if bleaching the HT doesn't work :p :lol

Oh, sorry - I thought you meant there was another 1/6 option. You mean you're trying to choose between the old SSC figure and the HT figure and you're not sure? :horror

Yeah, the HT is a clear winner, but I was just expressing the pants bugged me. Maybe I can find the SS pants on eBay or something if bleaching the HT doesn't work :p :lol

I've been toying with upgrading the Hot Toys Snowie. The pants sort of bug me, but moreso the boots. Haven't had luck getting a cheap SS version to mess with though.

Just scanning Empire.....what were they thinking with the tan?!? It's not even close to what they did:

414169880.jpg

They are slightly yellowed white, at most.

Well it certainly doesn't look anywhere near that on screen. Wonder if the material discolored over time?

My screen grab is off the movie :dunno There's no way there was that much shading difference, is there?

Regardless, even if the camera's eye did something to the color, it is just wrong in my mind.

Well it certainly doesn't look anywhere near that on screen. Wonder if the material discolored over time?

My screen grab is off the movie :dunno There's no way there was that much shading difference, is there?

Regardless, even if the camera's eye did something to the color, it is just wrong in my mind.

That's what I'd say has happened. Only the face hood looks anything like the colour in the screen grab.

Clearly too dark. Although they were apparently more tan than I remember, via stills.

414169920.jpg

For sure they didn't film this dark. Again, my shot above is *from the movie*.

414169880.jpg

Photos are reality, and the movie is reality. But in my mind's eye, they aren't tan. The boots are a mess also. They'll need to be repainted. They are white like the helmet.

I'm guessing that the color scheme was picked because Lucas knew how'd they'd film. i.e. Vader's helmet paint job in Star Wars '77. All black = lost detail. Guessing the same here. I prefer impression over movie prop accuracy. But others may not.

I'll be lightening mine up when I get them :) :)

The boots really bother me, but I don’t really mind the pants color. Also you could probably pretty easily bleach them or paint them slightly whiter.

Back