1/6 Hot Toys Solo - RANGE TROOPER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same here, I think they?re the worst design of the new Disney troopers (outside of the ST obviously). They look too fussy. There are some great parts in there it just doesn?t fit together well imo. The RO Tank Trooper on the other hand is perfection.

Blasphemy !!! I like them both :lol

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 19.14.29.jpg

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 19.17.09.jpg

According to BigBreda's current live video, last week Hot Toys apparently sent photos of three figures to the distributors in China and asked them what their estimated pre-order numbers would be for them.

The figures were:

Range Trooper
Purge Trooper (with beehive helmet)
Purple Spider-Man

h1.png
h2.png
h3.png

Both troopers are sure buys but i fear they would be put behind a limited edition pay wall. It would be a shame for troopers.

Asking for estimated pre order numbers? Must be gauging interest in order to determine quantity for an exclusive limited production run. If reg release they would simply put up for PO.

If rumour is true, it is nice to see another con purgatory figure get put back into development along with a high demand figure not previously shown.

Hot Toys gotta be concerned about the current market state if they have to rely on distributors feedback to decide what's a good production run to launch. Wondering if they also solicited Sideshow as those three figures look more geared toward western market than asian market.

With so many references already put up for PO first semester of '24, i'm not sure pushing more exclusives will be beneficial, especially with economy pushing lots of collector to hold back or even sell stuff.

Hot Toys gotta be concerned about the current market state if they have to rely on distributors feedback to decide what's a good production run to launch. Wondering if they also solicited Sideshow as those three figures look more geared toward western market than asian market.

With so many references already put up for PO first semester of '24, i'm not sure pushing more exclusives will be beneficial, especially with economy pushing lots of collector to hold back or even sell stuff.
Interesting comment.

Distributors feedback? Kinda curious what feedback a distributor could offer that would have much to do with a customers concerns.

I doubt a distributor would contribute to the amount of product produced. Right? Idk it's all guesswork in the end I reckon.

Yeah. Wondering as well what kind of market knowledge distributors hold that Hot Toys would ignore. One would think the best way to gauge interest for a figure would be some kind of poll submitted directly to collectors. Sideshow's RSVP sounds like the closest tool to obtain this kind of insight.

To me, if Hot Toys are asking what volume distributors feel comfortable to order and sell off, it will be more of an educated guess than an accurate estimate.

Yeah. Wondering as well what kind of market knowledge distributors hold that Hot Toys would ignore. One would think the best way to gauge interest for a figure would be some kind of poll submitted directly to collectors. Sideshow's RSVP sounds like the closest tool to obtain this kind of insight.

To me, if Hot Toys are asking what volume distributors feel comfortable to order and sell off, it will be more of an educated guess than an accurate estimate.
Given some of HT's baffling decisions perhaps guessing is their usual strategy and actual market research was something they seldom paid for

Perhaps some distributers felt burned due to the Endgame era glut so aren't willing to distribute. Much like how Hasbro sends info to retailers then said retailers show interest or decline, sometimes resulting in things like Target exclusives where the other retailers declined to order, maybe how the Chinese distributers react to the images will determine whether or not the characters will go to general release or limited exclusive.

According to BigBreda's current live video, last week Hot Toys apparently sent photos of three figures to the distributors in China and asked them what their estimated pre-order numbers would be for them.

The figures were:

Range Trooper
Purge Trooper (with beehive helmet)
Purple Spider-Man

View attachment 720647View attachment 720648View attachment 720649
except the spidey, the pimp trooper and that video game purge trooper absolutely doesn't make any sense.

except the spidey, the pimp trooper and that video game purge trooper absolutely doesn't make any sense.
Range trooper makes sense as A: it is a trooper with no need for actual headsculpt so cheaper and easier to make and B: they already had a finished prototype.
There is also possibility it will appear again in something like Mando and Grogu movie (we know already snowtroopers will be in it and rangetrooper is a variant so maybe HT have advanced knowledge from the production).

Purge trooper makes sense since it is mostly reuse of existing parts and they already have the airbourne trooper helmet prototype. Plus it is an often requested figure.

Now, if you meant "doesn't make sense for limited exclusive" I would agree as both are army builders, but then again so was the Imperial Commando and Umbra ARC.

Last edited:
Back