Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my sandman diorama it seems the sand was rubbed off on the hand, maybe by the plastic packaging? I asked for a replacement, got one even worse... On the few others I could see online it wasn't there, so it does not seem intentional. I am wondering if this is just my usual luck, or happened with others too?

Attachments

• 20240713_193716s.jpg
    20240713_193716s.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240806_185442s.jpg
    20240806_185442s.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 0
On my sandman diorama it seems the sand was rubbed off on the hand, maybe by the plastic packaging? I asked for a replacement, got one even worse... On the few others I could see online it wasn't there, so it does not seem intentional. I am wondering if this is just my usual luck, or happened with others too?
Mine is the same, I posted about it a few pages back. I couldn’t be bothered getting a replacement, I figure they might all be like that. I guess HT were just being ultra realistic about it lol

Whelp, my figure finally arrived yesterday, and unsurprisingly it's as underwhelming as others have already described. This is my first 1/6 Spidey, and I guess I naively thought perhaps HT would've developed a suit and a body for this character which could actually hold some fairly dynamic Spidey-like poses, but nope. I'm not expecting crazy McFarlane level poses, but something a little more dynamic and interesting at least. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough to finesse these joints, but the suit is also not great for these types of poses. The suit materials buckle at the waist like a trash bag, which ruins the lines of the suit, so legs swinging forward is a no-go for this guy. Additionally, the shape and proportions of the stock body are pretty scrawny.

Then there's the masked head. Where to begin? Wrong shape, couple with weird lenses. Thankfully, I got an order in with VinceToy to eventually correct all of that. There's the ugly ass forehead seam, and then of course, there's that awful neck gap. The grand canyon of all neck seams. How this passed the QC stage is truly beyond me. The likeness on the Tobey sculpt is pretty good, however the blank expression doesn't really work for anything other than a museum pose. Wish they would've at least thought ahead to their upcoming black suit Spidey, and allowed hair sculpts between the two to be swappable ala ROTJ Luke. Ah well.

All in all, it's the first HT figure I've purchased and been truly disappointed with, but being a humungous Raimi, and Raimi Spider-Man fan, I couldn't bring myself to pass this up, even with all the negative feedback. Better luck next time HT.

Last edited:
How in the world does the suit come off for a body swap?

Also, anyone else get two identical closed left fists with their Spidey?

1725483341888.png

Back