Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is this still on pre-order at Sideshow with a ship date of May-June? You always think HT and SSC are pretty tight with their distribution deals and all, yet Sideshow ships this 3-4 months after they hit HK?

Why is this still on pre-order at Sideshow with a ship date of May-June? You always think HT and SSC are pretty tight with their distribution deals and all, yet Sideshow ships this 3-4 months after they hit HK?

I ordered a set from SS 3 weeks ago thinking they were in stock and I'm still waiting.

Why is this still on pre-order at Sideshow with a ship date of May-June?

They'll do that even when they have product in hand in low quantities so they don't have to send anyone a surprise back-order. It's nicer to expect a delay and get a figure early than to expect your figure next week and find out you won't get it until next month.

My guess is that HT didn't anticipate the level of desire/popularity of the troopers and didn't ship them in high enough numbers initially. We had comments alluding to this early on and since then people buying multiple two packs or even an entire case at a time.

He's going for screen accuracy....just not for armor like one would think, for number of actual Stormtroopers on the Death Star.

Anyone put the hot toys head on a sideshow version yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone put the hot toys head on a sideshow version yet?

The Sideshow version has more problems than just the helmet. Floppy body, teeny-tiny crotch, too-wide chest armor etc.

I know, but still. Thinking of replacing one of my sandtrooper heads.

The Sideshow version has more problems than just the helmet. Floppy body, teeny-tiny crotch, too-wide chest armor etc.

Most glaring issues for me on SSC are the lower leg armour, the helmet, and itty-bitty codpiece. It actually has excellent shoulder bells, albeit not perfect they're better than the HT for the taper, although they don't have the flared centre strip. That's Hardcore Geeky, though.

Only Imperial Nerds are so precise.

Back