Hot Toys Terminator 2: Judgment Day: T-1000 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishful thinking, but I reckon an electroplated swap-out head sculpt would be really cool for the T-1000...

View attachment 732024
Are these prone to chipping over time?

I know with the Super 7 Silverhawks figures, they passed on doing the chrome look for the 1.0.

They finally did the chrome with 2.0 but i noticed there’s some chipping when you start articulating the figure.

Wishful thinking, but I reckon an electroplated swap-out head sculpt would be really cool for the T-1000...

View attachment 732024
In ebay the seller shows pics of the sculpt neckless and with the neck but does not give the option to choose when buying. Not buying because I have one painted in silver, not chromed like that one in ebay that its way cooler.

Are these prone to chipping over time?

I know with the Super 7 Silverhawks figures, they passed on doing the chrome look for the 1.0.

They finally did the chrome with 2.0 but i noticed there’s some chipping when you start articulating the figure.
I'm not sure mate. I just stumbled on this today and thought it looked really promising.

I have some Terminator electroplated products though from Nemesis Now and I they have a really impressive electroplated chrome finish. I can't speak to their durability yet as they're only new and I don't handle them a lot. But so far so good. They're definitely more robust then any chrome paint techniques I've tried.

Back