Hot Toys The Acolyte Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singcityjosh

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hot Toys has been strangely silent over any potential lines for this TV series, which is a shame, given I'm incredibly intrigued and greatly loving The Stranger/Qimir character. Possibly one of the most badass dark side force users we've seen thus far during the Disney Star Wars era...Cortosis helmet and gauntlet, double blades... and Manny Jacinto to boot!

Any one else keeping their fingers crossed for this potential figure?

Hot Toys skipped Andor completely when it comes to figures. They could well be skipping The Acolyte too. This being said, that Stranger design looks way too cool for them to let go. If they offer us a couple figures from the show, i'd say Qimir and Sol are the one they'd go for out of the first five episodes.

Hot Toys skipped Andor completely when it comes to figures. They could well be skipping The Acolyte too. This being said, that Stranger design looks way too cool for them to let go. If they offer us a couple figures from the show, i'd say Qimir and Sol are the one they'd go for out of the first five episodes.
I haven’t seen Andor yet as I’m still making my way through rebels on my SW chronological watch….but isn’t it just a bunch of dudes with…less than interesting outfits? I think that’s the reason we haven’t seen any figures from that show.

acolyte on the other hand…

Yeah I’d love for a Qimir figure.

I’m sure anything in development has likely been scrapped, if they even have the license. Whether you like or dislike the show, the blowback is essentially unprecedented and I can’t imagine Hot Toys taking a risk on the series without a big turnaround over the last episodes.

I haven’t seen Andor yet as I’m still making my way through rebels on my SW chronological watch….but isn’t it just a bunch of dudes with…less than interesting outfits? I think that’s the reason we haven’t seen any figures from that show.

acolyte on the other hand…

Yeah I’d love for a Qimir figure.

The show definitely doesn't have the depth potential of Ahsoka but they still could have given a handful of figures. Andor main outfit as figure potential IMO. Saw Gerrera would make for a cool figure as well. And, knowing Hot Toys, they could have tapped into the Imperial troops/officers potential.
This being said, i'm sure they will course correct with season 2.

I’m sure anything in development has likely been scrapped, if they even have the license. Whether you like or dislike the show, the blowback is essentially unprecedented and I can’t imagine Hot Toys taking a risk on the series without a big turnaround over the last episodes.

Hard to tell. They have released figures from shows/movies that bombed before. If Howard believe there's sales potential or if he did like some character designs, he might just release a very small range of figures.

The show was reviewed bombed hard before any of the episodes and while I haven't really enjoyed much of it, I don't think there is much money to be made off this show at the moment, besides Sol and Qimir, I don't see any of these figures selling relatively well at the moment. If the numbers aren't great and we don't get a Season 2, I don't see Howard and HT going back in a few months and making a few figures. Ahsoka had a lot going with it having fan favorites and new legacy characters being part of the show, with our new characters (Baylon and Shin) being well received by new and old fans.

My issues with Acolye aside (acting, editing, writing to say a few) the choreography and action scenes from Episode 5 was stellar, the use of Cortosis to give brief pauses for the choreography to catch up so it isn't always an overwhelming number of people just standing there while 2 or 3 people fight (an issue TLJ had between Rey/Kylo and the Prateorian Guards) and the quick and "go for the kill" strikes attempted by both sides.

I hope they take this in consideration for the movies and shows going forward, because that was the best non-animated saber scenes we've gotten in the Disney era.

Hot Toys The Acolyte Figures?

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Agreed on that, The Stranger is possibly one of the most intriguing dark side characters we've seen in a while. The choreography of episode 5 and actual stakes (character fates wise) is possibly one I never thought they had the cajones for...

If they do release any figures, I agree the Sol & Qimir would be an absolute must.

The show was reviewed bombed hard before any of the episodes and while I haven't really enjoyed much of it, I don't think there is much money to be made off this show at the moment, besides Sol and Qimir, I don't see any of these figures selling relatively well at the moment. If the numbers aren't great and we don't get a Season 2, I don't see Howard and HT going back in a few months and making a few figures. Ahsoka had a lot going with it having fan favorites and new legacy characters being part of the show, with our new characters (Baylon and Shin) being well received by new and old fans.

My issues with Acolye aside (acting, editing, writing to say a few) the choreography and action scenes from Episode 5 was stellar, the use of Cortosis to give brief pauses for the choreography to catch up so it isn't always an overwhelming number of people just standing there while 2 or 3 people fight (an issue TLJ had between Rey/Kylo and the Prateorian Guards) and the quick and "go for the kill" strikes attempted by both sides.

I hope they take this in consideration for the movies and shows going forward, because that was the best non-animated saber scenes we've gotten in the Disney era.
You've put it far more eloquently than I ever could on Episode 5!

Oddly on my part I started off the Ahsoka series with extremely high expectations and was greatly disappointed on many fronts regarding character growth and progression, superfluous characters, not so interesting fights. That aside, it leveraged greatly on the nostalgia of those who followed clone wars over the years, and that's where it somewhat cemented the fans and eventually turned be around (I guess), while I don't love it as much as I wanted and hoped to, I do appreciate it for what it brings to the table.

Acolyte on the other hand is the much needed breath of fresh air away from the Skywalker legacy, a means I was hoping that would bring in new and younger audiences and revitalise Star Wars.. I don't really get the hate and uproar it seems to be attracting, (although I agree some of the dialogue is rather clunky, odd and such) but the premise and storytelling was rather interesting to me. Episode 4-5 started paying off much more. That said, I find the side characters (Sol/Qimir/Yord/Jecki) far more interesting than the twin (main characters)

I agree on this. I don't think there's been an instance where Hot Toys comes out with an announcement of figures way after the show's launched. Often they capitalise on the hype prior and during. Given the radio silence thus far on Acolyte figures, I guess there's little hope for any Sol/Qimir figures.

It's a shame though, given I was cheering with joy and heartened seeing Asian representation in both the dark and light side for the first time. Manny and Jung Jae really brought their A game for this series...

I suspect that Hot Toys is very aware of the backlash and will follow what has happened with films in the past. They had figures lined up for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. They never went up for preorder as the film tanked and the backlash from its director became public. Same with The Lone Ranger. Armie Hammer didn’t sign off on the figure and wanted changes. When the movie failed on its opening weekend, I’m suspect Hot Toys realized the additional work wouldn’t pay off for a figure on such a forgettable film. They did release Tonto and he was available and discounted for years.

In place of the Acolyte figures, maybe Hot Toys could release that Death Squad Commander and console unit. Or a Snowtrooper commander. Or individual Jawas. Or General Veers. These would be excellent stopgap figures.

The show is even more forgettable then the Boba show.
Yep. Show is DOA and any figures are dead with it.

😖😖this bums me out.

Again, I haven’t seen it, but the clips I’ve seen so far does have me curious.

Some of things I’ve heard, such as the twins birth doesn’t sit well with me…but other complaints I feel are a bit overblown considering the show is set up to be a murder mystery and the story hasn’t concluded yet.

More importantly, I do want the show to be successful enough so I, an American born Chinese, can have my Asian Jedi and Sith 1/6 figures 😁😁

Back