Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shocked we haven’t had any reviews or detailed pics yet? Is the guy with the kids ok?

He's moving at some point this year (leaving his city apartment to a house an hour outside the city) but I didn't think it was this soon.
I'm not stalking the dude or anything, he mentioned it in a collection tour video.

At the end of the day, these are fiction, someone has to write it and sometimes it simply won’t make everyone happy. For example, had person A or B or C written it, each story would be drastically different. (And I know these are collaborative but you get my point). They went with this storyline and naturally some like it,some don’t. I think it is probably more divisive than Mando, but even that has alot of SW fans who hate it.

With Boba it was always going to be more tricky than Mando since Boba Fett was an established, much loved character. To add to that, Boba Fett is the reason we have all this Mando love (Mando, Jango Fett, Clones etc).
Did I think that bombastic Mando Season 2 Boba Fett would be like this in Book of Boba…No. And I personally would have preferred him going back to “being a simple man making his way through the galaxy” and go back to Bounty Hunting or something more understated than being a crime lord. And yes, in my imagination and timeline wise I picture Boba Fett being younger, maybe late 30s-early 40s (Tems age when he played Jango).
It is good to voice our complaints but again to want to be heard you have to listen to others as well. Your views don’t necessarily have to be another’s and that’s fine. We are all on here because we have a passion for Star Wars and collecting.
Other point is to check our criticism of weight about both Tem and Gina. I think in society we shouldn’t be doing this so why are we doing it on a forum. I think they are both healthy individuals who were picked for roles and that’s that. To reduce it about weight I think is pretty unfortunate to see imho and I think it just perpetuates certain “ideal looks” whether that be race, gender or size. I have a bit of a belly on me and I weightlift, run 10 km regularly and I work in a physical job.

Just my opinion.

Is Boba really your favourite SW character?
That just seems unfathomable to me. You said yourself that we only really get 5 minutes of him in t he OT so out of 9 saga films, a couple spin offs and a few tv shows, some of which have some truly genre defining characters with inspirational arcs and great dialogue etc; the guy who stands around in the background for 5 minutes with nothing but a cool suit, one line and an embarrassing defeat at the hands of a blind Han is your favourite part of Star Wars…

I know Lucas’ dialogue writing is awful but that seems like quite an indictment on the entire mythology of the franchise. On the other hand, it’s a huge praise to the artistry of Ralph McQuarrie but kind of epitomises style over substance.
1641576571007.png

You just sounded like that guy from Good Will Hunting... :rotfl

Style over substance? Heck, I was 11 when Empire Strikes Back came out and I remember loving the mysterious look of the lead bounty hunter and had no idea what substance really meant yet. Fett is my favorite character by a mile. It's all about the look and presence from Empire Strikes Back to me. He didn't get bested by blind Han in ROTJ, it was a freak accident and a lucky shot. I don't need substance from Star Wars and I'm not all that sophisticated anyway, so I'll continue to enjoy my favorite character and the silly dollies I collect of him despite your inability to fathom it.

Remember that this is the figure thread.

I know it's natural for discussions about the source to spill over different threads, but some of this is more appropriate for the dedicated place:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/the-book-of-boba-fett-december-2021.238518/
We just need some figure reviews to drop, to stem the inevitable drift here. :pray:

Speaking for me, I dont go over there because it is a different and much LESS pleasant crowd in the Movies/TV forum. That wasn't recently though, so I dont know how it is now; it used to be just super unpleasant. Bad enough to be memorable years later.

Secret Base pic: BIG OOF. Cant wait for this.

Speaking for me, I dont go over there because it is a different and much LESS pleasant crowd in the Movies/TV forum. That wasn't recently though, so I dont know how it is now; it used to be just super unpleasant. Bad enough to be memorable years later.

Probably better than it used to be. :lol

The Book of Bob has provided some fun in that thread. It's the series that can't stop giving.

However, this thread is for the figure of Fett before he went into comedy. :wink1:

Secret Base pic: BIG OOF. Cant wait for this.
Funny, I feel the complete opposite, mostly because of you and your paranoia gang. And ironic you complain about unpleasantness when making it unpleasant for others.

Still no videos on him. Looks like TW is shipping him. Maybe it just goes to show that China doesn't care for SW much and D+ still isn't in Asia yet.

Can't wait for the slew of unboxing vids.

I suppose its still 4 weeks away from the USA and Sideshow. This is one of the few figures I ordered direct from Sideshow, and I'm happy about it. Early February hopefully in hand.

Can't wait for the slew of unboxing vids.

I suppose its still 4 weeks away from the USA and Sideshow. This is one of the few figures I ordered direct from Sideshow, and I'm happy about it. Early February hopefully in hand.
Has the shipping situation improved that much? If it just went on a boat, I was thinking it could late March before it arrives as others have been 90+ days from HK release to Sideshow. I pray you are right though!

Its usually been 4-6 weeks but, yes, with covid and backlog it could add another 3-4 weeks on delivery. So early March IS possible.

Also, Sideshow seems to get these things in batches. Small sometimes, and then months between the next delivery. That's why I'm glad I went with Sideshow on this and will hopefully be in the first delivered batch.

Back