Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m confused by the photos with the inside of the helmet. Does the deluxe include two head sculpts? Two helmets (one with a peg and the other with an interior design)?

Really curious to see an unboxing because I feel like I’m missing something here…

Not sure if there’s been something similar on an older figure if anyone is familiar.

He comes with one head, and one helmet with a detailed interior.

The helmet will fit over a peg, probably with foam padding to protect the inner detail.

Hot Toys have done this before with figures, as with Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Go to 2:28 in this video to see the padded peg, and a shot of the instructions:

He comes with one head, and one helmet with a detailed interior.

The helmet will fit over a peg, probably with foam padding to protect the inner detail.

Hot Toys have done this before with figures, as with Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise.

View attachment 554457

Go to 2:28 in this video to see the padded peg, and a shot of the instructions:

Got it, knew this would be the right place to ask. Appreciate the reply.

How about after he stole his space motorcycle in the Terminator ripoff scene. He could have ridden straight to the Slave 1...

View attachment 554420

Oh yeah, didn't think about that when I was watching the episode.
He could used the speeder bike to retrieve Slave 1, returned to the Tuskens and used Slave 1 to easily destroy the train. Not a single Tusken life lost.

Disney missed a merchandising trick there.

Uncle Fester/Uncle Bob could've taken a set of biker's clothes, then there'd be Kenner and Hot Toys Biker Boba Fett figures.

This "Fett" only knows one thing and that's respect. Disney can't taint this new image now that they have redefined him.

I think the set looks incredible. Objectively, the sculpts and weathering look fantastic and I can’t wait to have these. If a figure is done well, it deserves the nod and a place on my shelf, regardless of the size of the role or my “like” of the character (looking at you Baron Samedi).

I have mixed feelings so far. On one hand, I’m enjoying the show, the Easter eggs, and having something relatively close to the OT to ground me back into an era of SW I care about. On the other hand, I DO see the tropes being played out a little too hard. Physique jabs aside, I think this is a case of Tem playing Tem as Boba versus the established character (reminds me of D&D where you start playing as yourself versus being beholden your character and what THEY would do).

Yes, I realize the EU isn’t canon and his screen time was 4 minutes, but that’s kind of a cheap remark for a character that all SW fans know quite a bit about. I don’t, for example, see it fitting that an absolutely ruthless SOB working for the most evil dudes in the galaxy (canon) would find himself doing a communal Māori-style dance like a week after being kidnap-rescued by Tuskens.

Just another example of Disney/Lucasfilm appropriating, redefining, and destroying a legacy character. The formerly mysterious, ruthless, and feared bounty hunter now a helmetless Clone Wars character who champions respect.

Disney missed a merchandising trick there.

Uncle Fester/Uncle Bob could've taken a set of biker's clothes, then there'd be Kenner and Hot Toys Biker Boba Fett figures.
The bartender should have come out with a blaster at the end, "Bad to the Bone" playing loud and said "I can't let you take the man's wheels son", then Boba would have gone over and... shook his hand and walked back home because he's so respectful.

Last edited:
Just another example of Disney/Lucasfilm appropriating, redefining, and destroying a legacy character. The formerly mysterious, ruthless, and feared bounty hunter now a helmetless Clone Wars character who champions respect.

There was an episode of TCW where Boba meets a pirate, Hondo Ohnaka (forgot the name, had to look it up), who told him he knew Jango, and he was a honourable man etc etc
TCW being written by Filoni and Filoni being involved in BoBF, it doesn't surprise me that this is the TCW version of Boba as an adult.
Filoni will of course, have a picture in his mind of who Boba is from kid to crime Lord and TCW Boba is part of that.

But Boba Fett did more badass stuff in one 1/2 hour TV show than Jango did in all time.

BF Mando > Jango > BoBF

I dont know.... what really counts are Jango's OFFSCREEN actions, which sadly we will probably never see in live action. In that respect Jango is truly a force to be reckoned with, uber alles. Jango is the GOAT I think.

Its too early, I think, to be judging BoBF Fett's overall ass-kicking level. We are two episodes in after covering a universe of backstory. I would imagine some next-level skullcracking is coming very soon.

It’s like you’re afraid of something new. We’ve literally seen 5 minutes of Boba Fett in the OT, a character that merely looked cool. That’s where his popularity came from, he barely did anything. I can admit the show isn’t perfect, but seeing more of my favorite SW character is enough for me. Would I have liked to see a random skinny, lanky guy in a suit that looks like Jeremy Bulloch and never takes his helmet off with zero personality nor character arc for 6 episodes? Maybe, but how would that be different from the Mandalorian? We already have that guy lol.
Is Boba really your favourite SW character?
That just seems unfathomable to me. You said yourself that we only really get 5 minutes of him in t he OT so out of 9 saga films, a couple spin offs and a few tv shows, some of which have some truly genre defining characters with inspirational arcs and great dialogue etc; the guy who stands around in the background for 5 minutes with nothing but a cool suit, one line and an embarrassing defeat at the hands of a blind Han is your favourite part of Star Wars…

I know Lucas’ dialogue writing is awful but that seems like quite an indictment on the entire mythology of the franchise. On the other hand, it’s a huge praise to the artistry of Ralph McQuarrie but kind of epitomises style over substance.

Back