1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Jaz.

I personally don't like those power terminals though. In theory they are great but I've had many fail on me. They work fine for a few months then inexplicably quit working. Swap in a new one and everything powers up fine for another few months. I prefer the solder jacks. They're a bit more work but I've never had one fail. Just sayin'... :)

I hear yeah. This was just what I had lying around. I'm going to be soldering for sure

I can't find the info but for many pieces of "wall" do we get? My Unit is not a Detolf so I'm trying to figure out if this would work for me.

4272ea208dc89898a0bf2976c1f26b52.jpg

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

Count me in for the Deluxe Version :yess:

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your support! To get on the list you have to send a $100 down payment to [email protected]. I'll put you down for the DeLuxe version!. Please add 3% or pay friends and family because the margins are thin to make the price work. Thank you. What is your full name and shipping address?

All the best, Joost

It's a truly impressive project and I'd love to get on board, but the OCD in me needs to see something akin to a full scale mock-up Detolf to get a stronger idea as to how the display would look overall.

Ideally, I'd love to have variations across the different shelves to give an overall impression of a 'Detolf Death Star' - spread over 2 Detolfs, I guess. Visually, it would be something akin to this (which was made for the smaller action figures):

Untitled.jpg

(The above by Boutros77 on Flickr.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boutros77/with/25973661576/

It's a truly impressive project and I'd love to get on board, but the OCD in me needs to see something akin to a full scale mock-up Detolf to get a stronger idea as to how the display would look overall.

Ideally, I'd love to have variations across the different shelves to give an overall impression of a 'Detolf Death Star' - spread over 2 Detolfs, I guess. Visually, it would be something akin to this (which was made for the smaller action figures):

View attachment 306329

(The above by Boutros77 on Flickr.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boutros77/with/25973661576/

Going through that flickr feels like watching robot chicken.

I can't find the info but for many pieces of "wall" do we get? My Unit is not a Detolf so I'm trying to figure out if this would work for me.

4272ea208dc89898a0bf2976c1f26b52.jpg

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

Man that thing is beautiful. I remember seeing that awhile back and loving the look off that display.

What kind of case is that?

Very nice Jazz. Wow, I would have to obligate an entire Detolf to this. How many pieces are in the set? It appears that there are differnt walls and/or Blast Doors. Also, is there any group pricing, i.e. if someone wanted to buy 4, one for every shelf?

Also, Is Yavin IV still in the works? -Thank you

No you can just to one shelf. Margins are thin but I can do a discount for 4! Send me an email at [email protected]

The budget has a floor and a light up back, an ac adapter and a corner support.

The deluxe adds two side blast doors and a light up ceiling and more corner supports for assembly.

The tantive IV is still in the works but complex

Sorry Jazz, another quick question. Can these walls be flipped, so the blinking lights can also be on the other side? I didn't understand this comment from your reply, "No you can just to one shelf." I am wondering if a Detolf can display 4 deluxe sets? Or due to spacing can it only display 2 Deluxe, and 2 budget? Thanks again.

Jazz what are the exact dimensions? I don't use detolf's I use Billy bookcases. Size of the deluxe and budget. Thank you ��

height is 380mm, width is 390mm and depth is 290mm for the Dx. Regular gotta be roughly the same.

Back