1/6 How it is made: DETOLF Death Star diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cool update: we are currently testing out using an anodization process to paint the aluminum. It's more expensive but so much more durable. I have made an agreement that if the tests look good, I will increase my commitment to the CNC shop to 75 units so that this upgrade won't cost you guys anything more. The increase in the number of units I will order then should take care of the added cost. Also, found the proper RAL color number for totally movie accurate walls. it's all going to be so cool!

Hi Joosta Im in for a Deluxe Detolf just wanted to tell you that I appreciate very much your commitment to this project. Im sure that the final result is going to be great. Congrats and thanks again.

Hi Joosta Im in for a Deluxe Detolf just wanted to tell you that I appreciate very much your commitment to this project. Im sure that the final result is going to be great. Congrats and thanks again.

Wonderful. Thanks for your kind words. Did you send me an email because I don't see a PM

Sorry Joosta I didnt clarify who I am I contacted you through an Email, my name is Rodolfo Aguilar and I am from Mexico. I was going to suggest you to suscribe in Toshe Station group. Im sure you can sell some Detolfs Dioramas there. The administrators John Martino Sean Manzione and Daniel Burtis are very nice people, I bet they will let you show your excellent work. Thanks again.

Another cool update: we are currently testing out using an anodization process to paint the aluminum. It's more expensive but so much more durable. I have made an agreement that if the tests look good, I will increase my commitment to the CNC shop to 75 units so that this upgrade won't cost you guys anything more. The increase in the number of units I will order then should take care of the added cost. Also, found the proper RAL color number for totally movie accurate walls. it's all going to be so cool!

Awesome can't freakin wait.

Production has started! Just look at those beautifully machined to panels before pearling and anodizing!
f8df467d89494ad62769025325b8ab84.jpg

a4f6ee1ff446a7f97b4d6dfa66836b8f.jpg

Next project: 1/6 scale full Death Star? :rotfl

My building permit was declined by NATO....

:mwaha

Jazz: Forgive me if this has been asked/addressed - Do the full scale and detolf version work together? I'm thinking of getting the detolf to go with the one you are sending me.....so I'd have stormtroopers vs Han Luke Leia Chewie in big one, and Vader vs Obi-wan in detolf.

i.e. does the 'blast door' left match the right end of the big one? Guessing no :dunno

:mwaha

Jazz: Forgive me if this has been asked/addressed - Do the full scale and detolf version work together? I'm thinking of getting the detolf to go with the one you are sending me.....so I'd have stormtroopers vs Han Luke Leia Chewie in big one, and Vader vs Obi-wan in detolf.

i.e. does the 'blast door' left match the right end of the big one? Guessing no :dunno

No, this hasn't been asked yet, and they will not match because the size had to be adjusted for the smaller DETOLF space. The design and coloring should be similar enough to have them both, just not right next to each other

No, this hasn't been asked yet, and they will not match because the size had to be adjusted for the smaller DETOLF space. The design and coloring should be similar enough to have them both, just not right next to each other

Ok cool thanks :)

Back