HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weeellllll...

If there's one thing that history has shown, it's that nothing is a certainty where the Indiana Jones license is concerned. While I'm sure every person on this thread would do a happy dance if HT announced a non-DX ToD Indy, there's just something about how every company over time has handled their Indy merchandise - and the way in which HT has handled the Indy release - that makes me wonder if a ToD Indy will see the light of day. It's like no company (and sometimes Lucas and Speilberg) quite knows what to make of Indy.

WTF are you talking about? LucasArts killed it with the Staff of Kings for Xbox and Ps3. Wait . . .

I have to say, that video is starting to allay some of my concerns. I'm glad I'm keeping my PO, I'm actually getting excited again to see this puppy in hand! I'll have to wait a bit longer, since I'm doin' the flex thang, but that's what works with my budget, sooo...

Oh, you are so wrong. I would just like to quote the then-head of Lucasfilm fan relations, Mr. Steve Sansweet, in relation to this matter (August 1st, 2009):

"We weren’t really involved very much in the marketing of Indy as far as I’m concerned because there really isn’t a fan community like there is for Star Wars. Indy was never a very toy-etic movie and I really think that got a lot of kids into Star Wars or revived their interest years later and so that whole, the books and the comics, there’s so much more with Star Wars, it’s such a huge galaxy. Whereas Indy is not supernatural, although he goes after the supernatural stuff. He’s a man. And he ages and you know. There’s still more to fill in his story, but it’s not the same depth of fandom interest as it is in Star Wars."

And did I say it's not Star Wars?

Wow. I'm glad we have genius marketing gurus in suits to tell us that Indiana Jones is not Star Wars. Very insightful.

:slap

You see why I have doubts about a HT ToD Indy?

Quick question, is it normal that so many of the eBay listings are from Hong Kong? I assume this isn't a numbered piece??

Oh, you are so wrong. I would just like to quote the then-head of Lucasfilm fan relations, Mr. Steve Sansweet, in relation to this matter (August 1st, 2009):

"We weren’t really involved very much in the marketing of Indy as far as I’m concerned because there really isn’t a fan community like there is for Star Wars. Indy was never a very toy-etic movie and I really think that got a lot of kids into Star Wars or revived their interest years later and so that whole, the books and the comics, there’s so much more with Star Wars, it’s such a huge galaxy. Whereas Indy is not supernatural, although he goes after the supernatural stuff. He’s a man. And he ages and you know. There’s still more to fill in his story, but it’s not the same depth of fandom interest as it is in Star Wars."

And did I say it's not Star Wars?

Geez, what a prick! :mad:

Khonzu, I'm afraid I have to agree with you. A TOD Indy is not a sure thing. It will really depend on how this one sells, and that will dictate if HT will pull the whole "we weren't completely satisfied with how our first one turned out, so here's a new one" thing.

Quick question, is it normal that so many of the eBay listings are from Hong Kong? I assume this isn't a numbered piece??
These were initially released in Hong Kong. So yes, it is the norm at the early stages of a release to see a disproportionate number of HK-based eBay sellers.

Geez, what a prick! :mad:
Well, unless you think that every German soldier and student of Indy's deserves a figure, then I think he might have a point. Star Wars fans want every obscure alien hanging out in the back of the bar in Tatooine, every guy hiding in the shadows in Jabba's cavern, every rainbow colored clone variant under the sun, etc. With Indy, you've got about 15 characters throughout the series folks would possibly want.

Totally normal. In most cases figures are coming out of HK for a month before Sideshow gets them. It's actually quite surprising that SSC has their stock already.

Hot Toys never number their figures anymore.

When he sain' HEADsculpt I can hear ASsculpt... :slap

Still not sold bcoz of the head, body and jacket.
Reallllly can't understand why HT done this awesome character in such bizarre way :(

Now now, with every negative comment you need to follow it up with two positives.:thwak

Part 2:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqD6qqej7XM&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqD6qqej7XM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Great review IMO and this guy is a hoot!

(** Lots of NSFW Language **)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say it looked alright in that video. Love the part where he says ''if you can't see Indiana Jones in that.......you are fuhking ment-ul'' :lol He goes on a bit with not exactly need-to-know info but its kind of refreshing to hear a guy who doesn't sound like an absolute nerd stereotype.

I agree with this. Im starting to break here fellas.... This may be a future purchase.:lol I cant believe I just said that.

Just looks like a very cool toy in that video, putting likeness aside. Reinforces my resolve to keep my BBTS pre-order and just replace the head with my repainted Sideshow version.

Word.

images

Back