HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skulls were also wrong :slap

v75mip.jpg

Nice adjustment. And Elder 2 is like impossible to get for a reasonable price these days. And reasonable being about $500-$550 or so.

Trudat -- I'm actually considering bartering my extra Empire Strikes Back Don Post Deluxe Fiberglass Darth Vader Helmet for anyone who has an extra unbuilt Elder P2 in a box.

But I know the prices are inflated now esp because of the interest after the recent release of Predators...I'll probably just wait- I might regret getting rid of my Darth Vader bucket - even if it is my extra one (it's got a good shape to it - not wonky like some of them)

Your pics have me wanting a Lost Pred.... All the chances I've had to snag that piece and now, well after the fact, I want him.

You can still find him for a decent price - I snagged mine for just $200 - on ebay.

by the way oddball question for any predator fan who might know:
How did the GORT predator come to be called Guardian (is it because that was original mask that was going to be revealed a la Gort from War of the Worlds?),
and the Lost predator was called "lost" even thought they ALL are the "lost hunters"...(I'm assuming it was the only lost one at the time is probably why...

Trudat -- I'm actually considering bartering my extra Empire Strikes Back Don Post Deluxe Fiberglass Darth Vader Helmet for anyone who has an extra unbuilt Elder P2 in a box.

But I know the prices are inflated now esp because of the interest after the recent release of Predators...I'll probably just wait- I might regret getting rid of my Darth Vader bucket - even if it is my extra one (it's got a good shape to it - not wonky like some of them)

You can still find him for a decent price - I snagged mine for just $200 - on ebay.

by the way oddball question for any predator fan who might know:
How did the GORT predator come to be called Guardian (is it because that was original mask that was going to be revealed a la Gort from War of the Worlds?),
and the Lost predator was called "lost" even thought they ALL are the "lost hunters"...(I'm assuming it was the only lost one at the time is probably why...

I have no idea what the actual reasons are, but my thought on possibilities; gort was a character in the day the earth stood still, a sort of guardian. So perhaps hot toys couldnt get the rights to use the name gort (as it was only an adopted nickname of sorts in Predator 2), so changed it to guardian.

As for Lost, i imagine he was originally going to be the only lost hunter, so they just went with Lost, as he was a general representation for the lost hunters.

Again, this could all be rubbish, just my two cents.

I have no idea what the actual reasons are, but my thought on possibilities; gort was a character in the day the earth stood still, a sort of guardian. So perhaps hot toys couldnt get the rights to use the name gort (as it was only an adopted nickname of sorts in Predator 2), so changed it to guardian.

As for Lost, i imagine he was originally going to be the only lost hunter, so they just went with Lost, as he was a general representation for the lost hunters.

Again, this could all be rubbish, just my two cents.

Well - makes cents to me--even if it is only 2 cents. =)

Really?...i mean some stuff is worth a nit pick, but they are close enough IMO...

But i guess it's your nit pick and i can't make it not bother you...

But really??? :slap

M.

Have to agree. And those pics don't exactly demonstrate anything. I can hardly even tell what I'm looking at with all the skulls looking different ways let alone say that anything about them is 'wrong'.

Why are we nitpicking the trophy skulls, again? Really, there are a million more aspects to a figure that require being accurate than trophy skulls.

actually it's not a mod at all - it's just a minor adjustment - the belt doesnt go down much further, but the upper body -- remember the first predator's posture - Kevin Peter Hall was a martial artist and always stood straight up with his chest back adjust the pelvis back a little and the ribcage up -- you'll see that it makes a big difference and it starts to really do the figure justice...=)

the only reason the head is angled up a bit is I like how the face looked in the pic, but obviously his head can tilt down from that upper body angle

Good call on the pose, just shifted the pelvis/torso the way you described...looks good

WOW! Awesome pics!

But pardon me, isn't this the prototype mask you were saying TD? The very 1st one that you made and not the see through brown lens one?

I thought you weren't making the prototype ones anymore?

Back