HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha no!... I'm stupid! :slap
I had not looked correctly... I had not noticed that the joint was achieved that way... :google
The answer is found in this case: to stick, of course! :D
Not too much glue and let dry enough time (24h to be quiet) :wink1:

HAHA you're really funny xD would have been great to know you in person.

Anyway back to topic, thanks for the advice, you're great! But what kind of glue do you refer to specifically? Did you use glue also to stick back your heads when you took them out?

Personally, I would opt rather for a method, certainly more tedious, but which ultimately offers more possibility: equip each of the dreads of a wire at its center. Thus, we have the opportunity to put dreads in a position that may be reversible at any time. This method also avoids the risk of altering the material and its decoration.
i had this done to my Lost pred and it looks fantastic. my other preds need it too, the heat mod never sticks.

My borg's dreads are still perfect from that one heating. :lol
doubt it. yours wasn't manufactured any differently from mine. the wire mod makes the dreads lay down perfectly flat and the heat mod makes them slowly bow out again over time. you probably just got used to them looking that way.

doubt it. yours wasn't manufactured any differently from mine. the wire mod makes the dreads lay down perfectly flat and the heat mod makes them slowly bow out again over time. you probably just got used to them looking that way.
Nope, they're hanging down straight.. They look nothing like they did when i got him. Although my Gort's dreads are starting to rise..

HAHA you're really funny xD would have been great to know you in person.

Anyway back to topic, thanks for the advice, you're great! But what kind of glue do you refer to specifically? Did you use glue also to stick back your heads when you took them out?

Hehe... Thank you, that makes at least one person who appreciates my bear's humor! :lol
... And yes I know, a bear does not always make in the delicacy (but you must forgive him: it is only a bear...). :D
You know, we should never swear to anything: it could come a day when many of us we could meet in person at a particular event, who knows? :dunno
I did not need to restick this joint in the head, but you can use superglue (cyanoacrylate) without problem, or Epoxy glue (two components). In this case, you will need to 'prepare' the surfaces, by making them catchy. Finally, in one case as in the other, be sure that the surfaces are perfectly degreased, clean and dry. :wink1:

I did not need to restick this joint in the head, but you can use superglue (cyanoacrylate) without problem, or Epoxy glue (two components). In this case, you will need to 'prepare' the surfaces, by making them catchy. Finally, in one case as in the other, be sure that the surfaces are perfectly degreased, clean and dry. :wink1:

I'm not quite confident about using superglue :(. This is because I will need to snap back the head on perfectly in one shot and this will be hard because the dreads are blocking my view of the connection and if it goes wrong it'll be bad.

EndIessRain gave me a suggestion of shaping the head/neck? with blowdryer so that it can be tight again to put back? Do you know of that method?

couple pics I took today

w7zz0g.jpg

rw00tu.jpg

123bhbc.jpg

wa22y8.jpg

I'm not quite confident about using superglue :(. This is because I will need to snap back the head on perfectly in one shot and this will be hard because the dreads are blocking my view of the connection and if it goes wrong it'll be bad.

EndIessRain gave me a suggestion of shaping the head/neck? with blowdryer so that it can be tight again to put back? Do you know of that method?

Hot water or blow dryer... The idea remains the same: to soften, and in some cases, expand the material by heat.
But by cooling, this one tends to recover its initial properties (elasticity / volume).
If you do not feel comfortable with superglue (although there are formulae with drying postponed to be exactly able to correct errors of positioning), opt rather for the Epoxy with slow drying (the sticking will be there only more solid compared with the fast epoxy). There, you will have all the time to make your sticking and to wipe the possible smudges with a cotton bud moistened by tepid soapy water.

Hot water or blow dryer... The idea remains the same: to soften, and in some cases, expand the material by heat.
But by cooling, this one tends to recover its initial properties (elasticity / volume).
If you do not feel comfortable with superglue (although there are formulae with drying postponed to be exactly able to correct errors of positioning), opt rather for the Epoxy with slow drying (the sticking will be there only more solid compared with the fast epoxy). There, you will have all the time to make your sticking and to wipe the possible smudges with a cotton bud moistened by tepid soapy water.

Thanks baloo :) How is epoxy glue different from super glue? Is it the same as normal liquid glue (the kind you use to glue a magazine cut-out to a piece of paper)?

Thanks baloo :) How is epoxy glue different from super glue? Is it the same as normal liquid glue (the kind you use to glue a magazine cut-out to a piece of paper)?

Epoxy glue is really strong construction grade stuff. I would pass on that just get super glue for stuff like this. I sent you a PM BTW so I can help you more with your P1 head. What I was trying to say is that the plastic piece that came off the P1 head shown in your picture that's connected to the neck joint isn't supposed to come off. When you remove the head, you should only see the neck joint which is a ball joint.

Epoxy glue is really strong construction grade stuff. I would pass on that just get super glue for stuff like this. I sent you a PM BTW so I can help you more with your P1 head. What I was trying to say is that the plastic piece that came off the P1 head shown in your picture that's connected to the neck joint isn't supposed to come off. When you remove the head, you should only see the neck joint which is a ball joint.

Replied you via PM bro ;)

No, you probably want to talk about white glue (cellulose glue used for paper & wooden bonding), unless it is transparent, but anyhow, these types of adhesives are not suitable at all to fix your neck joint.
The epoxy glue is a glue with two-components, with resin of the same name and hardener.

You're absolutely right, Tim. But as virus777 avvait some concerns about the use of superglue, the slow-setting epoxy was a good substitute.
In terms of the part that broke away from the head, it's precisely the joint of the neck, piece of rubber which is one block on the P1, finishing outside the sculpture head, and not as usual in most parts of the figurines a circular part that came into force in the neck.

Hey Baloo quick questions.

How much of time do you actually devote to making your perfect mask and what motivates you in actually wanting to make that mask to begin with?

Just curious my friend ;)

Last edited:
It is a good question, because I asked it myself during certain knocks of blues...
One can say that Alejandro, good in spite of him, is for something there. In front of the enthusiasm that his masks generated, I was not able to resist at for him to order one. At the same time, I had just discovered the 1:1 scale replica from HCG. The fact that the interior design was provided by the same creative team who worked on the film has only multiplied my interest. A mask as faithful as possible to the original, with the lighting like HT had proposed, but besides, with the internal details... Rhaaaa: this did not exist. The challenge must be raised! The passion for the customized model making, but also and especially for this cult movie that I will never tire of seeing again and again, did the rest.

It is also because this figure, which was only, at the time when I bought it, the second piece of my collection, occupies a special place in my heart.
So that's very selfishly that I wanted to meet this challenge.
I did not note in a log all the hours I could have devoted this mask. The mother of my son could say I've spent too much time already!
But in a rough way, between the searches for documentation and for supply in any kinds, the time to reshape, correct and make the exterior details as interior ones... I think having spent approximately between 150 and 200 hours on this mask, perhaps even more.
... But no matter: when one loves, one does not count! :D

It is a good question, because I asked it myself during certain knocks of blues...
One can say that Alejandro, good in spite of him, is for something there. In front of the enthusiasm that his masks generated, I was not able to resist at for him to order one. At the same time, I had just discovered the 1:1 scale replica from HCG. The fact that the interior design was provided by the same creative team who worked on the film has only multiplied my interest. A mask as faithful as possible to the original, with the lighting like HT had proposed, but besides, with the internal details... Rhaaaa: this did not exist. The challenge must be raised! The passion for the customized model making, but also and especially for this cult movie that I will never tire of seeing again and again, did the rest.

It is also because this figure, which was only, at the time when I bought it, the second piece of my collection, occupies a special place in my heart.
So that's very selfishly that I wanted to meet this challenge.
I did not note in a log all the hours I could have devoted this mask. The mother of my son could say I've spent too much time already!
But in a rough way, between the searches for documentation and for supply in any kinds, the time to reshape, correct and make the exterior details as interior ones... I think having spent approximately between 150 and 200 hours on this mask, perhaps even more.
... But no matter: when one loves, one does not count! :D

Words of a true artist ;) You have my support my brother! I can't wait for all your effort to have paid off at the end. And 150-200 hours? That is really commendably CRAZY. But awesome nonetheless! I think a leader by example of a true cult follower should be people like you and TD who go the distance and share your passions with everyone else.

Never give up baloo!

Thank you Virus777! Your words, such as those from LV702Eldar, are going to illuminate my day! :D
Again thank you guys! :duff

Back