HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that you probably have immersed completely the head, and not only dreads to baste with warm water, and thus the joint was dilated and softened.
Have you put the head under cold water after? That should be enough, I think.

Hi Baloo. It's not because it was loose after I immersed it completely (which you are right I did). But It was loose the moment I took the head out and before I immersed it in water. When I feel around the edges of the head and the neck, there is some sticky substance (I think Hot Toys used glue on it to stick it together) but I'm not really sure.

Any ideas on this?

Edit : yes I also immediately immersed it in cold water straight after I dunked the head in hot water for 30 seconds. EndIessRain taught me this :)

Last edited:
Huh! I'm just watching an episode of star trek the next generation and whose name did I see in the credits list only Kevin Peter Hall...sure enough he played a big tall bumpy headed alien. Its a season 3 episode called 'The price'

Hi Baloo. It's not because it was loose after I immersed it completely (which you are right I did). But It was loose the moment I took the head out and before I immersed it in water. When I feel around the edges of the head and the neck, there is some sticky substance (I think Hot Toys used glue on it to stick it together) but I'm not really sure.

Any ideas on this?

Edit : yes I also immediately immersed it in cold water straight after I dunked the head in hot water for 30 seconds. EndIessRain taught me this :)

That HT would have used some glue to fix the joint in the head would not be surprising, but that there are residues on edges... There, it's strange.
I removed an incalculable number the head (even still now, I have it under eyes, to see if everything is ok with my mask) and the joint always remains so resistant. :dunno

Huh! I'm just watching an episode of star trek the next generation and whose name did I see in the credits list only Kevin Peter Hall...sure enough he played a big tall bumpy headed alien. Its a season 3 episode called 'The price'

Sure... He wouldn't have incarnated a dwarf alien...
This is:
180px-Leyor.jpg

That HT would have used some glue to fix the joint in the head would not be surprising, but that there are residues on edges... There, it's strange.
I removed an incalculable number the head (even still now, I have it under eyes, to see if everything is ok with my mask) and the joint always remains so resistant. :dunno

So do you have any trouble sticking the head back to the neck? Is it loose?

As I said before, it doesn't budge, despite my repeated withdrawals. Sorry, viruz777.

No worries baloo :) so how did you manage to mod your dreads then? just dip the head with the whole figure in it?

Eitherway, I was hoping with your craftsmanship, you can maybe suggest to me a way to fix this problem? The head is not SUPER loose to the point it falls out everytime I put it on. It's just when I move the head left/right without pressing the whole head on the top, then it will fall off. Do you think liquid glue will be a good idea?

You mean a Bulgarian fan? :wink1:

lol, no I don't think so :).

Here it is, found it on OSW:

predator06.jpg

Some more cool mask mods I saw on other threads there:

dedguy (OSW) said:
So for those who where asking here's a comparison between my modified mask and the original. With these mods the mask is pretty damn close to screen accurate I think. Now I just need to add the wires/tubes to the side of the mask. Here's what I did:

- The first thing I did was remold the mask in near-boiling water. I basically just pulled the cheeks apart which in turn causes the crown to lower and curve back more and the chin to be pulled in so it's not so pointy.

- I then ground down the inside of the mask with a dremel tool. Mostly shaving down the inside of the cheeks which are meant to grab onto the sides of the face.

- I then lined the mask with carpet tape as it will no longer stay on without assistance. I also don't put the mandibles on when the mask is on. They take up too much room and make even the modified mask stick out at the chin.

3685283002_f942ba3f23_b.jpg

This is a cool mod if you'd still like to use the stock mask as a base. Turns out, reshaping it in hot water actually makes it hug the face more so you can't see the cheeks as much.

This is a cool mod if you'd still like to use the stock mask as a base. Turns out, reshaping it in hot water actually makes it hug the face more so you can't see the cheeks as much.
yeah i did that to mine. the problem is, as with anything you heat mod, it eventually goes back to the original shape. and it doesn't fix the inaccurate proportions. basically, you're better off getting baloo's mask if you want it to look right.

No worries baloo :) so how did you manage to mod your dreads then? just dip the head with the whole figure in it?

Eitherway, I was hoping with your craftsmanship, you can maybe suggest to me a way to fix this problem? The head is not SUPER loose to the point it falls out everytime I put it on. It's just when I move the head left/right without pressing the whole head on the top, then it will fall off. Do you think liquid glue will be a good idea?

Personally, I would opt rather for a method, certainly more tedious, but which ultimately offers more possibility: equip each of the dreads of a wire at its center. Thus, we have the opportunity to put dreads in a position that may be reversible at any time. This method also avoids the risk of altering the material and its decoration.

For the issue of the glue, I am wary: do you speak about cyanoacrylate glue? Used on a flexible material like the joint of the head, would make breaking the material. Try to understand what does not go is already difficult remote, but that is it even more when we express ourselves in a language other one than his. And without photo support, it is even worse. Could you take some pictures to help visualize the problem?

Good find. They made the top of his head look similar to the predator's there.

Yes, it's true: there is a little bit of that. :wink1:

lol, no I don't think so :).

Here it is, found it on OSW:

predator06.jpg

Nice picture from Tin, as often! :rock

yeah i did that to mine. the problem is, as with anything you heat mod, it eventually goes back to the original shape. and it doesn't fix the inaccurate proportions. basically, you're better off getting baloo's mask if you want it to look right.

My friend, if you continue, I'll have to let you a commission on sales! Hehe :lol

Thank you Timo! That makes me happy to see you again on this thread! :1-1:
But why 345899? :cuckoo:
... This is not the number of posts I've done since the beginning of my mask. I am far from being also prolific! (Especially in the language of Shakespeare :monkey3)
... Those are not either my measurements :dunno
... Nor the seconds that I've spent (according to my calculations, this would amount to about 96 hours, which is far less than the time already spent on it... :gah:)
... Would not it be the countdown to your next candle to be blown, rather? :D

You sir, are an a-hole.
:lol

It was just a generic number that I had chosen to try measure the amount of awesomness of the detail in your mask.
Should I´ve said "infinite" so that you could understand?!

And be sure, my candle is blown enough and that number doesn´t fit in to measure the days inbetween the "blows".
:pfft::lol

Sure, buddy...anytime.
Hit me up on pm when you have time, there should be one you haven´t answered yet, man.
:)

Personally, I would opt rather for a method, certainly more tedious, but which ultimately offers more possibility: equip each of the dreads of a wire at its center. Thus, we have the opportunity to put dreads in a position that may be reversible at any time. This method also avoids the risk of altering the material and its decoration.

For the issue of the glue, I am wary: do you speak about cyanoacrylate glue? Used on a flexible material like the joint of the head, would make breaking the material. Try to understand what does not go is already difficult remote, but that is it even more when we express ourselves in a language other one than his. And without photo support, it is even worse. Could you take some pictures to help visualize the problem?

Hi Baloo. The dreads are modded fine and I'm happy with them. It's just a simple matter of sticking the head back to the neck and making it stay there instead of having it come off whenever I give a light pull on it or whenever I move the head without pressing the top of it down.
Here are some pictures.

My word... It's time for appetizer or what ?!... You are so excited, guys! Haha :lol

Timo, excuses my lack of enlightenment... But what is "an a-hole"? :dunno
Infinity? Mhhhh... "Towards the infinity and beyond!" :D

toy-story-1-2-blu-ray-L-1.jpeg

.. And how's that, your candle is already blown for a long time? Didn't you say to me that you were of November 11th? :cuckoo:
... And I missed a PM? Damn... I need a vacation! :slap
Ha, damn! I'm unemployed, so I'm already on vacation... :lol

Hi Baloo. The dreads are modded fine and I'm happy with them. It's just a simple matter of sticking the head back to the neck and making it stay there instead of having it come off whenever I give a light pull on it or whenever I move the head without pressing the top of it down.
Here are some pictures.

I spoke of having a drink in my last post... Either I have already drunk without knowing it, or I see well what I believe to see... You cut a part of the neck integrated into the head and you changed the original joint? :horror

Here are some pictures.

Ha no!... I'm stupid! :slap
I had not looked correctly... I had not noticed that the joint was achieved that way... :google
The answer is found in this case: to stick, of course! :D
Not too much glue and let dry enough time (24h to be quiet) :wink1:

Back