HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and just to be fair, i did swap out the cape on the HT TDK, to a material that is similiar to Takara Batman Begins cape.

Took a pic of HT, Mattel and Medicom together for comparison:

watermark.php

While all of us nerds are bickering over details, no one in the outside world would even be able to tell the difference between these.

Just wanna ask... so is an new DX batman confirmed?
and

a 'review' of medicom vs hottoys (more of picture comparison)

https://www.eddiewong.net/2009/05/05/medicom-dark-knight-vs-hot-toys-dark-knight/

I agree with eddie's review...in term of body fit and screen accurate, medicom is best. But for life like quality, hot toys is the best in business so far. Lets just hope they can get all these complaints (cape, bulkys suit,etc) up and make good with the DX Batman

Nope. Still speculation at this point and nothing new from that scanned magazine article.

Yeah, because wasn't it in some kind of article in between a bunch of a foreign letters? It said something like "MMS DX 01 Joker---------MMS DX 02 Batman-------DX Rocky-------------DX Joker (again?)

hot toys paint > medicom by miles.

look at the skin tones and the belts, medicoms looks cheap period. tho the medicom head with repaints looks more screen accurate the cowl sculpt is closer than HTs.

i am 90% sure since they did DX versions of the joker and the BB batman there will be a DX with more screen accurate suit, accessories etc etc at some point.

Here are another couple of comparison shots...keep in mind that my Medi Bats have been moded (head, neck, and chest plate).

The Wayne head looks much better on that than the actual Bat sculpt. For scale.

Do you have a better pic of your modification to the chest? Interesting stand for the Medi, what is that from?

The Wayne head looks much better on that than the actual Bat sculpt. For scale.

Do you have a better pic of your modification to the chest? Interesting stand for the Medi, what is that from?

Yeah, the Bale head is a bit bigger than the cowl head, so the body doesn't look as big and bulky.

I'll post some close up of the repainted chest soon. All I did was use a thin layer of dark aluminum, followed by an even lighter layer of water-down flat black. It was done by air-brush. This way, some of the original dots/pattern still shows a bit, but much more blended and natural looking.

I got this generic 1/6 figure stand from a local hobby store. I'm also looking for a spare HT Dark Knight belt to put on my Medi Bats....

Back