HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a close up of the repainted chest...

The other carbon-fibre areas have been repainted as well.

Here are another couple of comparison shots...keep in mind that my Medi Bats have been moded (head, neck, and chest plate).

I like how you posed the the Ht Batman in your pic very Natural, and also suit looks very good there too, Could it be the head size difference?

In the the other TDK photo thread, a pic of the real suit was posted. I noticed that the Shoulder pads seem to be 2 pieces, One Plate sliding on top of the other. I wish that if a DX version of TDK suit is made, HT will also make it 2 pieces. Almost like the Ironman Shoulder pads.

Hot Toys goodness!

SL732196.jpg

Chest looks the same, but I don;t see how you can paint the under armor without it peeling when you bend it

It only looks the same because of the flash on this cheap camera. There is also no way the paint would peel, because it's air-brushed. Besides, those painted pieces can't be bent or moved anyways.

It only looks the same because of the flash on this cheap camera.

Tried shooting it outside on a sunny day?... you posted that in the wrong thread though. :)

There is also no way the paint would peel, because it's air-brushed. Besides, those painted pieces can't be bent or moved anyways.

Not only that, depends what paints of course. Some are very pliable. The only way it would crack with most you would need to bend it in half completely. Nobody would be doing that anyway.

Morbo. :D

It only looks the same because of the flash on this cheap camera. There is also no way the paint would peel, because it's air-brushed. Besides, those painted pieces can't be bent or moved anyways.

I have no skills of painting that kind of stuff. The only customizing I have done is as follows:
Repaint of DC Direct Joker and gave him assault rifle
Repaint/Sculpey of Hot Toys Joker
Repaint of Movie Masters Joker

I'm thinking about getting this ,but I heard rumors that Hot Toys might a make MMS DX Batman. What do you guys think? Wait for the new one or just get this one?

I think you should wait. You'd be kicking yourself if they make the perfect version.

Hot Toys goodness!

SL732196.jpg

What about this figure screams "fail" or "freak" or "crap" I will never know.:confused:

It may not be 100% accurate (neither is the Medi) but it sure as hell is a great figure and it does look like Batman. Anyways, I suppose that dead horse has been flogged enough.

I would never dream of parting with this figure. It's still too cool to even think about selling it. The detail alone.

I still see lots of similarities in the sculpt that depends how the light and shadows strikes it. Plus the hands on this are so cool!

Agen's photos is a perfect example as well near the start of this thread. Or a page or two later.

3024233349_4c47a445a9.jpg

3037163508_1896b07261.jpg

3361252104_c99755f342.jpg

3064047223_a30bc5b8f5.jpg

3032412097_d5e8841148.jpg

3030975408_b653b78ac1.jpg

3030935872_e18523f9d1.jpg

Back