Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(good lord…TWO 3rd party companies released their Chun li’s before IS even got to sculpting their 3 year in development Chun Li)
While I get the frustration, that whole "pending licensor approval" thing with Capcom sort of is a major sticking point. I know I've heard from other figure makers how difficult Capcom can be regarding licensing and approvals. Even Ken and Ryu likely went through a rather arduous back-and-forth.

Obviously, figures from a third-party like Star Man and Play Toy just outright bypassed that process and didn't have to deal with any of that hassle. If Capcom was involved, neither of those figures would have been released in a timely fashion either and there would have been a lot of notes for changes and modifications before the greenlight was given.

But I fully agree that the waiting period is rather grueling for this line. For someone like myself who would go bonkers for a Blanka, their current pace doesn't exactly inspire confidence I'll get it anytime this decade. We'll see.

Ah I thought this was SF6 Ryu not the SF5 version with beard. Regardless I don't mind but I would have liked a SF6 Ryu instead. I honestly think it will cost more for Tbleague to create specific bodies for each characters as that means they won't be able to resell the bodies alone to make a profit since it will be only exclusive to the specific character.

Next release: Evil Ryu😂😭😭

“We know we said ‘no re-releases’ since we want collectors to feel that special exclusivity…so instead of releasing Ken again…here’s Violent Ken! We don’t want our fan’s ‘Ryu figure’ to decrease in value with a re-release, here’s a ‘new’ version in the form of Evil Ryu! Believe us when we say we HATE re-releases as much as the next guy…so here’s Ken, with a white Gi! Now you can recreate EVO moment 37 with our upcoming-promise it’s DEFINITELY on the way-Chun Li! We strive to give our fans something new…here’s Akuma with his Lion’s mane look!….”

🤬🤬🤬🤬

“We know we said ‘no re-releases’ since we want collectors to feel that special exclusivity…so instead of releasing Ken again…here’s Violent Ken! We don’t want our fan’s ‘Ryu figure’ to decrease in value with a re-release, here’s a ‘new’ version in the form of Evil Ryu! Believe us when we say we HATE re-releases as much as the next guy…so here’s Ken, with a white Gi! Now you can recreate EVO moment 37 with our upcoming-promise it’s DEFINITELY on the way-Chun Li! We strive to give our fans something new…here’s Akuma with his Lion’s mane look!….”

🤬🤬🤬🤬
I'd take all of those honestly...😭😭😭😂 I can see why people would be upset but I'm definitely hyped for this Ryu. But like everyone, I definitely rather have seen Chun-li! And even another character. But hopefully with this Ryu release, this means I could possibly get a Battle Dress Chun-li😁 Maybe in 2092!🙌🏾🔥

🤬🤬🤬🤬
Well depends because we talking about Evil Ryu from SF2 or Evil Ryu from SF4 only other version from SF5 is Kage which would be even more different then the normal version. With the Horns and burnt symbol on his back.

Naw, I'm so excited, all I ever wanted was Hot Ryu in 1/6 🤣
I swear. I woke up and saw that this morning and almost busted😭😭😂 I had to double check if it was actually ICONIQ and not some resin statue. But it was legit Iconiq. I'm mad hype for this. The beard, the scars, the outfit, the glove color change AND the possibility of other characters getting more than 1 version of themselves? Yeah, count me in lol

Well depends because we talking about Evil Ryu from SF2 or Evil Ryu from SF4 only other version from SF5 is Kage which would be even more different then the normal version. With the Horns and burnt symbol on his back.
I think he was getting at how it is frustrating we are getting palette swap bodies with different accessories instead of furthering the line with other popular characters.

I think he was getting at how it is frustrating we are getting palette swap bodies with different accessories instead of furthering the line with other popular characters.
Oh no that I agree with. It definitely is needed to have more characters to he honest everyone's ideal versions for all characters would be SF2 or at least for me personally.

Just wanna clarify: I don’t hate Hot Ryu as a figure. I would’ve liked to have seen someone else..I just think we needed some buffer characters before we recycle the same exact body for the 4th time…in a row. We’re basically getting $300 He-Man figures where every character uses the same base body. It’s getting boring.

I’m happy for those excited for this. I wish I could say the same. As a Ryu fanboy, it bums me out that I can’t muster any hype for this.

I stop this Iconiq line, enough is enough with the same characters or clone, and still SFV whereas SF6 is out since longtime...
They likely would have to renegotiate for SF6 licensing rights.

SFV merch is what they got the greenlight on, and to their credit it has far more standard classic outfits as their default.

… Then again, we’re already getting Hot Ryu.

I stop this Iconiq line, enough is enough with the same characters or clone, and still SFV whereas SF6 is out since longtime...
This line quickly lost all the initial goodwill and momentum that Iconiq started out with. Was hoping they’d sprinkle in new characters with different bodies in between releases.

I’m guessing they are running into complications from developing the new bodies for the other characters so they keep on pumping out variants that use the same Ryu/Ken body to fill the release pipeline schedule.

Although I thought they outsourced the bodies to TB League. Some of the other characters’ bodies are likely one-offs and can’t be reused for other figures (i.e. Zangief, Blanka, E. Honda, Sagat, etc) so a lot of R&D is required.

Got my 2 pre orders in for Hot Ryu 🔥 Check your emails asap if you want to secure yours too!
BATTLE-RYU-022-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
How do you even order Battle Ryu just has coming soon and no way to register to be able to order?
There was a pre-register link on their facebook last week. Now that I type it out, it was pretty ambiguous of them to do that. It was also on their website, but nobody really checks that. They did say there would be select retailers that will be able to hold pre-orders for it too, so if you're invested, maybe send them an email to find out who those retailers are

Back