Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the Playtoy Chun-li the other day, excuse the not to great photos as I was in abit of a rush.

First impressions, she feels quite nice and I love the dark blue dress, her arms and thighs are thicker than the Starman version, also stands a little shorter. The white hair buns are also better made and the magnets are stronger so wont fall off as easy.
View attachment 706828
View attachment 706829
View attachment 706830
View attachment 706831
View attachment 706832
Some minor gripes, the Playtoy ankles are really weak, she has a problem standing on her own. Dunno if its my copy but it would be nice to see if other collectors have the same problem with the weak ankles. Posing wise she feels not as flexible as the Starman, the elbows however are better made and has thicker silicone to not show the metal frame which was an issue with the Starman.

I unfortunately also got a paint scuff on my Chun-li's face and white bun, Kinda sucks but I think it was due to the white buns becoming loose during transit and probably scratched itself.

Long story short, I think Playtoy is better to look at and looks more expensive to me. But the Starman is the much better figure to pose and can stand unsupported.
Great comparisons. I feel like between the two of them is my “perfect” Chun-li, but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed in the Playtoy version. I should look into getting a stand for her (assuming she doesn’t come with one).

Not bothered by the height difference. She’s 5’7”, I believe, so she should still scale fine with all my other figures.

Thanks for the Photos! And sorry for the issues :confused:
PlayToy look good, but for my part i still prefer the Starman more SFII look, whereas the PT look more like SFV and i'm not a fan of the HS.

I pre-ordered the Cammy PlayToy (Alpha/zero version) so I am now confident about its future quality 👍

For the SFII Cammy I took the Starman one.

Thanks for the Photos! And sorry for the issues :confused:
PlayToy look good, but for my part i still prefer the Starman more SFII look, whereas the PT look more like SFV and i'm not a fan of the HS.

I pre-ordered the Cammy PlayToy (Alpha/zero version) so I am now confident about its future quality 👍

For the SFII Cammy I took the Starman one.
For me, I prefer the Playtoy sculpt because it reminds me more of the 90s Chun-li, specifically the Animated movie. I like the slight smirk, the more stylized eyes, the flow of her bangs. She looks more how I think of her in my head. Either way, though, I'm glad we have options so everyone can grab the one they prefer.
chunface2.JPG
chunface1.JPG

And regardless, both are a sizable upgrade from the Medicom RAH version that was sort of our only option before.
The V1 of her still haunts my dreams.
1717856538799.png

Received the Playtoy Chun-li the other day, excuse the not too great photos as I was in abit of a rush.

First impressions, she feels quite nice and I love the dark blue dress, her arms and thighs are thicker than the Starman version, also stands a little shorter. The white hair buns are also better made and the magnets are stronger so wont fall off as easy.
View attachment 706828
View attachment 706829
View attachment 706830
View attachment 706831
View attachment 706832
Some minor gripes, the Playtoy ankles are really weak, she has a problem standing on her own. Dunno if its my copy but it would be nice to see if other collectors have the same problem with the weak ankles. Posing wise she feels not as flexible as the Starman, the elbows however are better made and has thicker silicone to not show the metal frame underneath which was an issue with the Starman.

I unfortunately also got a paint scuff on my Chun-li's face and white bun, Kinda sucks but I think it was due to the white buns becoming loose during transit and probably scratched itself.

Long story short, I think Playtoy is better to look at and looks more expensive to me. But the Starman is the much better figure to pose and can stand unsupported.

Both look great. In pic 2, is it difficult to adjust the Play Toy ankles so that her feet are laying flat on the ground?

Both look great. In pic 2, is it difficult to adjust the Play Toy ankles so that her feet are laying flat on the ground?
Her ankles are pretty floppy, they have too much give and just bend easily sadly.

You can try to get the feet flat and under certain poses you can get it to balance, but it does takes abit of patience.

Upon closer inspection taking a second look. It seems like there isn't even a ankle joint at all. No wonder it can't stand properly.

Upon closer inspection taking a second look. It seems like there isn't even a ankle joint at all. No wonder it can't stand properly.

I heard it was using seamless feet?

From the pics on the new PT Chun Li, it looks like they gave her ankle articulation there even with seamless feet unless they're false advertising for the final release.

111216d62x7bmovvo6hdos.jpg

111223qgsmolrfi3m310ll.jpg

111224bhxnlh4ex4z644ki.jpg

Damn.. I thought the ankles looked a little funny on the new battle dress look too..😔 Still getting though..

From the pics on the new PT Chun Li, it looks like they gave her ankle articulation there even with seamless feet unless they're false advertising for the final release.

I didn't untie the boots, but it probably is seamless feet, it's just really weak and can't hold a pose at all. Thus have problems standing without support.

I think that new playtoy Chun-li could be new body, the arms seems more defined than what I have in hand.

Damn.. I thought the ankles looked a little funny on the new battle dress look too..😔 Still getting though..
She's a great looking figure, will be interesting to see if you have ankle issues or if it's just mine.

I wish they gave the battle dress the correct hair and the white wristlets for the black version. If anything, I will hope to see if I can find a parted out outfit in the future.

I wish they gave the battle dress the correct hair and the white wristlets for the black version. If anything, I will hope to see if I can find a parted out outfit in the future.
Oh wowww. I didn't even notice that they gave the white bracelets to the blue outfit and not the black.. What the hell.. Now thats gonna bother me forever😭🤦🏾🤦🏾🤦🏾

Anyone order the PlayToy version from KGHobby and receive shipping details?

Back