Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bleach x street fighter. Ken has a soul reaper. I think I dig it more than the original ichigo. New to kitbashing. Have one more billionaire 👊🦇 idea brewing. Don’t worry I still have 4-5 Ken’s left not entirely a waste 🤷🏾‍♂️
Samurai Ken-shin 🔥💪

Attachments

• IMG_4980.mov
    40.3 MB
Other photos from FB
451911F6-7002-4996-9BCF-E7C1CBF5D556.jpeg
C1614459-251D-49AC-BF42-43232662ECFC.jpeg
AE0DB1F5-7A2B-47DD-8541-5B1645342F0B.jpeg
2F26F6F2-AAE8-4591-BAE2-75AFDFDF19D3.jpeg

BLEACH X bat x kenshin. Ken is my favorite street fighter with chun li being a hard second. This is my first kitbash attempt

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, I had hoped I'd have my PlayToy Chun-li by now and do a review for her, but the tracking info I had randomly switched to saying she was delivered to a state and city I've never lived in before. So... that's frustrating. I'm contacting the seller to see if they just provided the wrong tracking info because even if I get a refund she's not exactly available at a reasonable price anymore.

Edit: they DID sent me the wrong tracking info. It’s still in transit for now. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Who would have thought that Summer 2024 would be the season of Chun-li in the 1/6 community. I am still trying to parse my thoughts on the Play Toy version and suffice to say, it is a good offering with its share of pros and cons.
Here's a quick question; what kind of stand are you using?

I know I'll need one for the Playtoy Chun-li (or risk her toppling over). Honestly, never given much thought to stands before, so if there is a generally accepted "best type of stand", I'm all ears.

I know I'll need one for the Playtoy Chun-li (or risk her toppling over). Honestly, never given much thought to stands before, so if there is a generally accepted "best type of stand", I'm all ears.
I’m using a flight stand that I put together for my star man chun li

Attachments

• IMG_4616.jpeg
    IMG_4616.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Hey friend, I purchased these acrylic stands from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115576831339

I like to keep it simple. If I do use a stand, I choose one which does not detract from the figure by being as innoculus as possible. I do not know if there is a generally accepted best stand as it is all personal preference between the juggle act of looks vs practicality. You definitely need a stand for the Play Toy Chun-Li. Its hollow seamless foot makes it extremely difficult to keep her upright and you do not want to have the risk of it falling over and ruining the sculpt.

Last edited:
Finally had the Playtoy Chun-li arrive. And gotta say... not bad!
IMG_5338.jpg

Chun-li has long been one of my favorite video game characters of all time, ever since the Street Fighter II arcade days. Watching her throw a couch into Vega's face in the animated movie remains infinitely rewatchable. I've got a lot of history with her and I've been wanting a good Chun-li figure for years at this scale. There were prior attempts I was never really happy with, but this year gave us a few new and improved options. It was a tough call between this and the Star Man version, but I'm happy with my selection.

Now for the pros and cons.

Cons:
- Let's get this out of the way. The feet suck. Others prepared me for it, but they're basically just weak silicone without any internal frame or support. She basically has jello for feet. She definite needs a stand and one wasn't included, so I'll need to grab one.
- The silicone body itself was rather dirty when I unboxed her. A bit sticky, enough so that some dirt and dust covered her. I had to give her a bit of a cleaning.
- The moving eyes are also difficult to work with, as no tool was provided, and had a habit of popping out if you're not careful. Had to grab some tweezers to get them looking right. The head is not securely held onto the neck, and the neck padding itself is prone to bumping the eye switches and messing them up. Just exercise caution and take your time adjusting her eyes and head on the neck.

Pros:
- The design is GREAT. As great as the Star Man looks, this one has JUST enough stylization to feel like a proper video game incarnation of her, especially as someone who was familiar with her Marvel vs Capcom, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and various anime adaptations. The likeness is there without looking like a third-party off-brand sculpt. She looks like Chun-li and that's the most important thing to me.
- The tailoring on mine is great. The chest graphic was a little off at first and I feared it was misprinted, but all I had to do was adjust it. The materials used are great - vibrant and bold, with a brilliant sheen to the golds and blues.
- I noticed she was lacking her blue underwear straight out of the box. She has a "bikini" alternative outfit, and I just slid the bottoms on her to fix that.
- I also was won over by the fixed sculpted hairbuns. While I wish she still had a neutral hairbun option, these look striking and give life to the figure. They're held on securely by magnets too.
- While I would have preferred her leg hose to be a tad darker, it is accurate to many artist renditions of her (particularly the SNK vs Capcom games), and it's been durable and effective at showing off every ounce of muscle on those thighs.
- And those THIGHS. For me, the make-or-break on a Chun-li figure was going to be the body and musculature. Playtoys nailed it. She looks powerful and strong, with the oversized thighs that make her silhouette stand out from a distance. This extends to her arms as well. Besides the awful feet, the rest of her poses great and I don't currently have concerns she's stressing the joints too much just yet.
- Scaling is perfect, in my estimation, and she pairs PERFECTLY with Iconiq's Ryu.
IMG_5349.jpg

My only real issues remain those gummy feet and the rather finnicky eye system. The rest feels like a slamdunk, and I couldn't be happier. Glad to have the King and Queen of fighting games on the shelf together now.

Last edited:
Ken received today, thanks again to Kit!Heavy package, just like Ryu, I can't imagine how heavy it'll be if they ever make a Honda! :ROFLMAO:

It's basically the same as Ryu, except that the hands are much easier to change!
And it is more rigid at the feet so it stands up on its own.
I also like the fact that his pants are longer, it hides the joints.

Small regret, the white gloves to handle the figurine are no longer provided :huh

Well I took a few photos as usual, not doing any crazy poses for the moment it's really basic, but given the hands, the other HS, the fire effects there is a way to do a good thing I'll think about it.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg
11.jpg

Changing hair is super simple with the magnet system, besides I really don't know which look to choose
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
12.jpg

My current collection of Fighters
13.jpg

Little bonus for the end:banana
10.jpg

Back