InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve just left the door wide open for HT to surpass them in the accuracy arena, which is mind bogglingly stupid considering how basic the required amendments were.
That is fair.

Have they actually ever posted any updates aside from Batman? That’s the only figure I recall them doing it for.
Aragorn also.

Adjust the lighting you get the BvS look.

Attachments

• supes.jpg
    supes.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
I'll be keeping an even closer eye on the HT 2.0 now.

Then Howard Chan does improve one thing and keeps the rest still inaccurate. :ROFLMAO:

Even by just getting the upper arm design moved to its proper place, I would probably have just let the rest go.

Welp... it's time for the mainland china collectors to step up and live up to their vicious reputation and chew Inart on this. Lol!

For me, it's not that the proto was inaccurate and that's what we get on the figure, it's the 'we want to hear your feedback so we can make adjustments' approach and then not bothering actioning any of the feedback.

By all means, give me what went up for pre-order if that's what you're going to do, just don't ask me to tell you what's wrong, then ignore me.
Exactly this. Their whole thing was that they were going that extra mile to give the best product possible, which included taking into account costumer feedback. But they don’t.
It just looks like they used that as a gimmick and only present changes that they were going to do anyway. It’s always refined headsculpts or body proportions. Which most companies tend to refine anyways.
Almost never change details on costumes. Or actual costumer feedback.

I feel Inarts figures are excellent but for me to pay more than I already do for 1/6 figures it has to be more than excellent. And that includes costume details and qc issues.

As for this figure, the armband and piping not going into his armpit is just crazy. Anyone saying you need to zoom in etc to notice are just coping. It’s easy to see those details are wrong. The new pictures make it even more obvious.

Still a great figure for anyone to get. But let’s not pretend it doesn’t matter, cause it does when hot toys messes up and it should also matter when Inart does.

I can already see it now, but these little wars are about to start where you have people who are more privy to the inaccuracies vs the majority whom aren’t. Things of which were so blatantly wrong and simple to fix.

But man, they didn’t even address the pencil neck he has. I recall all those source images that were tossed around pointing to the fact that his neck should’ve been thicker. All those BTS and physical promo shots that were shared with them regarding the body proportions and they didn’t even address a single thing? I surely felt there was loads of critical feedback that was brought to their attention lol
It’s interesting how they were able to fix the joker suit problem, which wasn’t as commented compared to the Superman body feedback. It’s great regardless for joker but if they said they needed majority in order to make adjustments, they definitely did not for this release.

Sure, no one is disputing that, but you’d think they would’ve addressed them especially when they were so clearly outlined and because they have optimized prior releases.
And because they pride themselves on taking feedback and striving for accuracy.

I wasn't expecting changes. But I really thought the ******* shoulder glyph placement would be fixed, seeing as it's so blatant.

Shameful.

79223E90-444D-43C2-A6E1-6D87255978B4.jpeg

What I’m noticing with these final products as they release is their paint work compared to their prototypes. I’m glad overall that they didn’t change the sculpt, but I’m not a fan of the over freckling of the face.

I think because the mass produced sculpt doesn’t match the details from their proto, they make up the details by adding skin blemishes, small freckling etc. And for me personally it doesn’t work. They did the same to Aragorn, which can work better but I would still rather get a more consistent/flat paint job and maybe find a way to increase sculpt quality when producing them.

It could be just the photography as well so I guess we’ll wait and see in hand.

I personally like the added skin paint details, previously I thought he looked too baby face in the prototype.
Also keep in mind that's a vastly zoomed in image, the sculpt and details will be less pronounced on a 1/6 head that's about the size of your thumb.

Of course.. no one is saying it isn’t. Anything is better than Gorilla Arms Superman that doesn’t remotely look like Cavill lol.

As is, it’s still nice, but it could’ve been better.
Yeah, I don't use Hot Toys as a standard to compare to. That's a low standard. lol

Back