InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think InArt’s suit material and shield is more accurate, well. Look how raised the shield actually is.

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

Are the InArt and Hot Toys head sculpts interchangeable on each other's bodies?

Hate to have the spare InArt sculpt go to waste (stored in the box) - want to display the Inart body with angry expression (flight pose) and Hot Toys with calm.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like those diagonal strips from the waist crossing up his torso don't come high enough on the InArt figure.

It shouldn’t be there.
This figure is based on 3D scanned Cavill and it doesn’t have it either.
As I remember JCpenney produced these and they scanned trinity, this image is from the scanning session.
Btw InArt figure also has a long torso or belt details should have been printed higher idk.
View attachment 727770
View attachment 727766

It's literally the exact same sculpt as the prototype, outside of it getting softer through production. This is Aragorn all over again where people aren't used to seeing the sculpt beyond the dramatic lighting in the announcement photos.

They adjusted nothing. Down to the suit being the exact same. If you preordered this figure based on the prototype images, that's what you're getting here.

giphy.gif
I agree 100% it’s the same sculpt. I can’t see how the eyes are different either. The main difference is the photo having more skin details and how mass production paint isn’t on par especially with the eyelid section. The eyelashes and redness underneath isn’t as defined.

That collector was me. :lol

I only put down deposits so it was a perfect storm of all the statues releasing next month (Prime 1 Batman 89 Duo, JND Superman Duo, IS Danerys 1:1 bust), which I had not foreseen when the POs were placed (as far back as 2022). In retrospect, a payment plan would have been better but would of compromised monthly cash flow back then.

You make good points about the high prices for statues and footprint (both the statue itself and space to store the boxes). And like you said, there's definitely less margin of error with larger scale statues, where all the flaws are readily apparent.

I have not received my two 1:1 busts yet - I'm excited to get them but at the same time, have semi-buyer's remorse due to the space it will take to display and the imperfections that may arise in the final product - Daenerys is not perfect but at least with T2 Arnold (Queen), he comes with sunglasses to mask flaws.

I like all scales but 1:3 seems to be the perfect compromise between shelf presence and detail.
It was you! Nothing meant towards you or what you buy in my comment bro, just personal preference. Glad you didn’t take it the wrong way. Statue collectors can be a bit touchy feely when someone mentions likeness, costume inaccuracies, or factory paint because of how much they spent and the overall footprint / hassle of reselling it.

I agree, if you’re going to collect statues, 1:3 seems to be ideal. I really like how dedicated JND are to that scale and keeping the bases uniform, very classy. They look good lined up in a room.

I see that you collect various scales so you’re a bit more down to earth, able to meet in the middle on points addressed, thanks for that.

We just gonna compare and upvote the wrong costumes now huh? :monkey1

The thickness of the emblem isn't even HT's biggest issue, it's that ugly ass black outline all over the thing.

Are the InArt and Hot Toys head sculpts interchangeable on each other's bodies?

Hate to have the spare InArt sculpt go to waste (stored in the box) - want to display the Inart body with angry expression (flight pose) and Hot Toys with calm.
No, they use a different peg system. You can rig it up with some blutac or other method. but they won't securely attach to each other

I agree 100% it’s the same sculpt. I can’t see how the eyes are different either. The main difference is the photo having more skin details and how mass production paint isn’t on par especially with the eyelid section. The eyelashes and redness underneath isn’t as defined.
Yeah I feel like Inart should start doing what HT is doing now, and make the detail a bit more exaggerated on the proto sculpt so it softens to just the right amount in production.

The justin video shows you can just place the head on the HT neck even if it doesn't connect. Which is fine for display.

We just gonna compare and upvote the wrong costumes now huh? :monkey1

The thickness of the emblem isn't even HT's biggest issue, it's that ugly ass black outline all over the thing.
I’m not a Superman fanatic, therefore I do not have a horse in the race. I don’t own a single DCEU figure, statue, or otherwise, no matter the brand behind them.

Therefore I’m only going off of what I see,
I didn’t say under any circumstances that the old HT suit from many years ago was “perfect”, far from it. The suit here has loads of problems and it isn’t even out yet.

If Hot Toys does indeed make a new version of the suit, InArt has left accuracy on the table, will they make a perfect suit? Likely not, is there a chance it looks better than the suit here? I’d say so.

Yeah I feel like Inart should start doing what HT is doing now, and make the detail a bit more exaggerated on the proto sculpt so it softens to just the right amount in production.
The very funny thing is that receiving my Batman Bruce Wayne head sculpts, the details are very crisp. It doesn't look as soft compared to what we’re seeing in Superman. So I’m curious how this would look in person.

If you were to ask me which suit looks closer to the intended target, I think this makes that clear.
Again, I don’t think you’ll find a soul on the forum that thinks HT nailed it, but they were closer.

Superman’s suit shouldn’t look like earth cotton-like fabrics, this isn’t Reeve.

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4597.png

IMG_4598.jpeg

Back