InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6316.gif

It's literally the exact same sculpt as the prototype, outside of it getting softer through production. This is Aragorn all over again where people aren't used to seeing the sculpt beyond the dramatic lighting in the announcement photos.

They adjusted nothing. Down to the suit being the exact same. If you preordered this figure based on the prototype images, that's what you're getting here.

giphy.gif

No idea how you can say this with a straight face. HT body proportions and suit is absolute joke in comparison.
I said zero about proportions? Did I not? I was solely talking about suit material and thickness of it. Don’t read something that isn’t there.

It's literally the exact same sculpt as the prototype, outside of it getting softer through production. This is Aragorn all over again where people aren't used to seeing the sculpt beyond the dramatic lighting in the announcement photos.

They adjusted nothing. Down to the suit being the exact same. If you preordered this figure based on the prototype images, that's what you're getting here.

giphy.gif
Crazy how emotion changes in the eyes lol

Oh man, for real right! It's just such a major upgrade in every way. On the JL Superman HT finally went with an actual chromed body, which helped sell the suit a little better. But otherwise, it's just no contest. In my opinion there isn't a single aspect that Hot Toys has done better than InArt on this figure.
They got the piping right.

giphy.gif

Gotta say the angry sculpt does nothing for me. It's beautifully sculpted but makes him look ugly as hell and is not at all how I'd want the character represented in my collection.

It may not have fit the tone of the movie, but I would have much rather had a smiling Cavill sculpt instead.
You are crazy, that headsculpt is beautiful 😅

Yeah, I don't see that big vinyl strip on the real screen used suit. I wonder it maybe it's way back past the armpit on the real suit? I mean they must've referenced it from somewhere?

Not a single other company added that extra part in. Not one. They ask for feedback and leave that made up part in? I'm having a hard time swallowing that pill.

I read someone here has 10k in final payments on PO for the month, largely due to statues. I personally can’t spend that much in a month for factory paintwork and the possibility of QC issues, no matter how many PO of mine make up that total. Not much customization to be had on a statue, just hope the company nails it for you. At 1:3 scale and up, it’s much harder to live with likeness issues and costume inaccuracies. Statues are typically far from perfect as well, have a larger footprint, are pricey and would be a nightmare for storage. Whether that’s the large boxes or the heavy statues themselves. You have to be much more mindful in how they are stored.

For the most part I agree about custom work,
but even then that has its misses.
People shouldn’t collect in hopes that progress stops with the figure they decide on bringing into the collection, whether that be mass production or custom.

To me, it’s not that I expect perfection out of the box. What I do expect at the very least is an appropriate amount of a base to work with. I’m perfectly fine adjusting things to be more accurate so long as it’s possible, I do it to anything that enters the collection, stock is boring.

Here the joints and underlying body they chose makes the suit look cheap due to how thin the material is, in comparison to the older HT version.

Everything else here is obviously superior
and no one ever denied that.
You shouldn’t see that level of indentation on the shield in any light or angle. Simply the wrong material choice on their part.

View attachment 727738

The glyphs being incorrectly placed,
how does one go about fixing that?

The drop from proto sculpt to final is upsetting to people, which is understandable. They were on the money regarding Cavill’s likeness before production started. In fact I believed it to be their best likeness to date.

That collector was me. :lol

I only put down deposits so it was a perfect storm of all the statues releasing next month (Prime 1 Batman 89 Duo, JND Superman Duo, IS Danerys 1:1 bust), which I had not foreseen when the POs were placed (as far back as 2022). In retrospect, a payment plan would have been better but would of compromised monthly cash flow back then.

You make good points about the high prices for statues and footprint (both the statue itself and space to store the boxes). And like you said, there's definitely less margin of error with larger scale statues, where all the flaws are readily apparent.

I have not received my two 1:1 busts yet - I'm excited to get them but at the same time, have semi-buyer's remorse due to the space it will take to display and the imperfections that may arise in the final product - Daenerys is not perfect but at least with T2 Arnold (Queen), he comes with sunglasses to mask flaws.

I like all scales but 1:3 seems to be the perfect compromise between shelf presence and detail.

I have the Hot Toys BvS Batman 2.0 on order as well as the InArt Superman. My biggest concern was that Superman would be too short next to Batman since 2.0 Batman was larger than 1.0. Seeing 1.0 Batman next to the InArt Superman in Dean's video today made me feel a lot better and I think Batman 2.0 will actually scale well with this Superman.
1727206248782.png

I am now editing this post:

I just saw Justin's video and Batman 1.0 was taller than InArt Superman. I am new confused about the discrepancies between the 2 videos and am back to worrying about the height of Hot Toys BvS Batman 2.0 next to this InArt Superman :(.

1727207763447.png

Last edited:
If I were to actively TRY to find something wrong with this figure, I guess the only thing I can come with is that the S logo is pretty unremarkable, especially in comparison to the HT. Beyond that, I got nothin else.

I love popping into DC threads. As an Alien/Predator fan, it's good to know we're not the only ones like this. :lol

Crazy how emotion changes in the eyes lol
A testament to what lighting and angles can do. And SERS, of course.

If I were to actively TRY to find something wrong with this figure, I guess the only thing I can come with is that the S logo is pretty unremarkable, especially in comparison to the HT. Beyond that, I got nothin else.
I think the scale is more believable on account of it being flatter. No thick border around the S also helps there.

* Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

There's always a drop in quality from proto to production though. And that eye posed slightly wonkey isn't helping.
A drop in quality! more like a belly flop…The finish product looks nothing like the prototype.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, the logo on the actual suit (below from a pic of the suit on display in Vegas) seems a bit more metallic in tone and not so flat as InArt's. Plus InArt kind of over-contoured it to his chest down the center. It's not as warped in reality.

gettyimages-476474498-2048x2048.jpg

Yeah, I don't see that big vinyl strip on the real screen used suit. I wonder it maybe it's way back past the armpit on the real suit? I mean they must've referenced it from somewhere?

View attachment 727762

View attachment 727763

View attachment 727764
It shouldn’t be there.
This figure is based on 3D scanned Cavill and it doesn’t have it either.
As I remember JCpenney produced these and they scanned trinity, this image is from the scanning session.
Btw InArt figure also has a long torso or belt details should have been printed higher idk.
IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0244.png

Back