InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 isn't a size, it's a scale. If you're over 6 foot your're larger than 12" in 1/6.

Cavill is 6'1" so at 1/6 the figure should be 30.9 cm.

I butchered my first post (as well as this one) so I measured again, Evans is a fraction shorter than Cavill and Endgame Cap is 31.5, which is too tall for Evans but the boots and helmet might add to that, so yeah, Superman does seem to be too big.

That Mark 45 is a half inch too short though (IM being 6'5") so that [particular comparison is a bad one.

The HT BvS is a fraction over 31.5 so even that one is a quarter inch too tall.
Are we scaling to the size of the actor or the size of the character though? Here we are talking about incorrect scaling to the actors Cavil and Evans, but then we are talking about the scaling to Iron Man, not Downey.

I know it's accurate to the scene in the film but I just cannot get behind displaying my Superman holding a friggin Kryptonite spear in his hand or standing beside a chunk of Kryptonite rock. It works as a scene in the movie but it just seems so stupid to me. That crap will never leave the box.

I know it's accurate to the scene in the film but I just cannot get behind displaying my Superman holding a friggin Kryptonite spear in his hand or standing beside a chunk of Kryptonite rock. It works as a scene in the movie but it just seems so stupid to me. That crap will never leave the box.
or give it to the armored batman?

Does anybody here have Superman in hand and can measure him in cm?

It looks like he's a bit too tall, but compared to most characters in that compilation, he doesn't look freakishly huge to me.
While Cavill is 185cm in real life, that's maybe 188cm in costume/with boots. Add some movie magic to make Superman appear more imposing, and it could become closer to 192cm. That would make him up to 32cm in 1:6 scale.

I'm not trying to defend InArt here since I actually care a great deal about proper scale and customize most of my figures to make them match their real size and body proportions. But for a comic book character, I guess I'm more forgiving (plus I don't have a horse in this race, since I'm not getting him).

I really hope this doesn't become an issue with InArt going forward.

I guess I’d be a bit more forgiving if they had a lot more product in active development and it was just a figure that didn’t fully get the R&D it should’ve. Like when HT drops an utter failure amongst ten other releases at a time, which I don’t think this figure is, just think it could’ve rounded out better than it ultimately did, too many issues.

But this is their third DC release yet none in scale with each other or reflect what’s on screen. With three releases, nobody amongst InArt put their in-development Cavill next to Pattinson? The size difference is unbelievable and it’s their very next DC release following it with not much else in between.
It’s just puzzling how they didn’t adjust it. Do they not research the actors height bare minimum?

Yeah, with all the attention to detail InArt does deserve credit for, scale to real life actors seems an odd one to overlook.

I still think the sculpts and
accessories are great, like the spear a lot.

Bit of a drop, but still see Cavill in them,
best on the market for sure.

I don’t like the substantial loss of
refined detail featured on the prototype base,
that’s something third party would suffer from, or an attempt at a diorama,
not a premium company that prides themselves in detail. We’re not talking about fully detailed themed diorama bases with this one where it’s almost guaranteed to happen. QC should’ve scrapped those.

Suit is just too thin and inaccurate
for me to back even if I were getting this.
Scale and underlying body joints appearing through are other issues.

Some are fine with the flight pole but I’d be worry-some of the longevity of the suit and zipper opting for that display option long term.

Do we know how big Superman is supposed to be in the Snyderverse? Presumably taller than Cavill's actual height.

As long as Batman and Wonder Woman are scaled the same way he'll look fine.

Did anyone else order from Gundamit? I just happened to check the status of my order and it says "canceled." I don't recall canceling it and I checked my email, but only have the two initial emails from them after I placed my order October of last year. I've never ordered from them before.

Do we know how big Superman is supposed to be in the Snyderverse? Presumably taller than Cavill's actual height.

As long as Batman and Wonder Woman are scaled the same way he'll look fine.
Whether in BVS Supes is presented as being 6’1” like Caville or 6’3” like comic Superman, he’s definitely not 6’6/7” like this figure.

Did anyone else order from Gundamit? I just happened to check the status of my order and it says "canceled." I don't recall canceling it and I checked my email, but only have the two initial emails from them after I placed my order October of last year. I've never ordered from them before.
I did , haven't heard anything as yet .

Back