InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While InArt figures are great I don’t think they are outstanding and innovative as others think.
This board tends to make them out like they are gods gift to 1/6 collecting. JND really is moving the needle with their Kojun works, its just unfortunate that you need to take a second mortgage out to get one.

HT only started to include rolling eyes on every release as well as doing rooted versions after InArt. They may not be leagues ahead of Hot Toys, but they were the ones who gave them a well needed kick up the arse and for that, they get my respect.

They still need to deliver the goods though.

I'm still hyped for this one. I will admit however, it's not a $400 figure. I'm just a simp for Cavill Supes and really like the sculpt. I have no problem owning that.

This is a $280+ tax/shipping figure at best.

But it's the best we got right now imo. And I'll damn well take it.

I'm still hyped for this one. I will admit however, it's not a $400 figure. I'm just a simp for Cavill Supes and really like the sculpt. I have no problem owning that.

This is a $280+ tax/shipping figure at best.

But it's the best we got right now imo. And I'll damn well take it.
$280 retail….? I will be that guy, but how is this not $400? For a hyperreal 1/6 figure that has two headsculpts and two capes! People willingly spend $50 on custom capes to upgrade stock Hot Toys figures. When you consider everything holistically, I could even make the argument this could have been priced at $450.

$280 retail….? I will be that guy, but how is this not $400? For a hyperreal 1/6 figure that has two headsculpts and two capes! People willingly spend $50 on custom capes to upgrade stock Hot Toys figures. When you consider everything holistically, I could even make the argument this could have been priced at $450.
Eh, that's a fair point. I go back and forth tbh.

Your comment makes me rethink things, truth be told. Thanks.

Hyperreal?
IMG_1272.jpeg

Yea not seeing the hyper real here for this one. Maybe Aragorn and Gandalf but not this figure.

As far as the cape argument is concerned, I’d agree if they were accurate, but they are aren’t so they still need to be replaced. They appear to be well made and the standard drapes nicely, but so does the HT one. The color is also too bright and the material lacks the patterned texture. So far, Unreal still has the most accurate BvS Superman cape

Yea not seeing the hyper real here for this one. Maybe Aragorn and Gandalf but not this figure.

As far as the cape argument is concerned, I’d agree if they were accurate, but they are aren’t so they still need to be replaced. They appear to be well made and the standard drapes nicely, but so does the HT one. The color is also too bright and the material lacks the patterned texture. So far, Unreal still has the most accurate BvS Superman cape
I noticed this. The cape is too bright of a red.

The stock cape isn’t complete s***e like the Hot Toys stock capes though… there’s a difference.

When it comes to inaccuracies, I’ve been very vocal about INART Superman being inaccurate in many ways, but Hot Toys bring tons of inaccuracies as well, in addition to not even getting proportions, scaling of materials in believable 1/6 and tailoring right – things of which INART do better with their figures (imo).

Lastly, as for the hyperreal comment, imo they are inaccuracies aside, like how they come bone-stock. They’re not toy-ish like most Hot Toys, even the best ones. But of course, YMMV. I say that as someone who enjoys my Hot Toys toys.

Last edited:
He gets TONS of these type of messages through both email and social media. I know it can be a bit abrasive, but I understand from his perspective. And if you could see the types of messages ppl send him (at least the ones he posts from time to time on FB), you'd sort of understand why he doesn't want to have to continually repeat himself for things like this, especially since it's more of a courtesy to try to help collectors not lose their NRD. Not something he really has to do, but does. Glad you were able to get it figured out.
a smart person would post a FAQ on their website too..

Back