InArt - Black Myth: Wukong (Video Game) 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of rumors (and anger) flying around on Weibo and Wechat groups for this figure.

Apparently there will be several batches of this set to be released (so like a fake limited drop) and a lot of the initial orders were cancelled because of computational errors. There's also the initial confusion that the collector set only contains the a statue of Wukong which were then amended to InArt figure at around the last hour.

Both InArt and GameScience are not making any statements which frustrates many.

NGL, I wanted to get this game (and the figure) but this ****** way of communication is kinda pushing me away. If they can't even have a clear idea on what they are selling/doing then I don't know if the game will be patched properly too when it comes to it.

Lots of rumors (and anger) flying around on Weibo and Wechat groups for this figure.

Apparently there will be several batches of this set to be released (so like a fake limited drop) and a lot of the initial orders were cancelled because of computational errors. There's also the initial confusion that the collector set only contains the a statue of Wukong which were then amended to InArt figure at around the last hour.

Both InArt and GameScience are not making any statements which frustrates many.

NGL, I wanted to get this game (and the figure) but this ****** way of communication is kinda pushing me away. If they can't even have a clear idea on what they are selling/doing then I don't know if the game will be patched properly too when it comes to it.

I get the frustration, but I wouldn’t let this ‘weird rushed clearly un-planned’ collectors edition get in the way of what attracted me to this game in the 1st place: the game.

Would I want the damn figure? Hell yeah! But if I can’t, eh, at least I’ll have the other unofficial one that’s actually haired to fill that gap in my collection.

InArt have been making dumb decisions (i.e. influencer batch yada yada), this Wu Kong mess up will be another learning experience for them to maybe hire someone that actually knows how to operate certain things they’re clearly not equipped for.

EDIT-oh and one sure fire way to slap some sense into them is the anger and frustration from their current major market, CHINA.

InArt, I love you guys, but you damn poked the bear now.

I get the frustration, but I wouldn’t let this ‘weird rushed clearly un-planned’ collectors edition get in the way of what attracted me to this game in the 1st place: the game.

Would I want the damn figure? Hell yeah! But if I can’t, eh, at least I’ll have the other unofficial one that’s actually haired to fill that gap in my collection.

InArt have been making dumb decisions (i.e. influencer batch yada yada), this Wu Kong mess up will be another learning experience for them to maybe hire someone that actually knows how to operate certain things they’re clearly not equipped for.

EDIT-oh and one sure fire way to slap some sense into them is the anger and frustration from their current major market, CHINA.

InArt, I love you guys, but you damn poked the bear now.
InArt has been drawing a lot of ire from the Chinese collectors for a while now, a lot of them still have not received their Gandalf even though it has been out for a while. This 'influencer batch' thing is not making it any easier for these collectors too as they start to receive newer figures.

I think this Wukong is going to be the straw that breaks the camel back with how they are handling things.

I'm not too keen on other variants of Wukong because those look a bit too cartoony (is that even applicable for a mythological figure?) and there are various QC issues that came with these third party brands.

I too like the game premise and it's mythological references that knew when I was younger so I have been closely watching this series ever since it was announced a few years ago. We will see how it is when it releases but I do hope it's a banger.

Happy to have at least Haoyutoys version but this is definitely a slap to the face because I really like the look of Wukong from the game. I'm still buying the game and will preorder it but definitely would have liked the chance to get this. Smh

Damn....
To be fair the Haoyutoy offering is bloody impressive.

Yeah I’m super happy to have Po’d that. I just figured I’d support official releases too yknow?

InArt has been drawing a lot of ire from the Chinese collectors for a while now, a lot of them still have not received their Gandalf even though it has been out for a while. This 'influencer batch' thing is not making it any easier for these collectors too as they start to receive newer figures.

I think this Wukong is going to be the straw that breaks the camel back with how they are handling things.

I'm not too keen on other variants of Wukong because those look a bit too cartoony (is that even applicable for a mythological figure?) and there are various QC issues that came with these third party brands.

I too like the game premise and it's mythological references that knew when I was younger so I have been closely watching this series ever since it was announced a few years ago. We will see how it is when it releases but I do hope it's a banger.

I had no idea it was getting rough over at China. Yeah they need to re-evaluate. Having high quality figures means nothing if it’s not in collectors hands and once again, hire someone new that knows how to plan and market these figures. This InArt Wu Kong thing sounds like a huge blunder.

And I get the fears with 3rd party figures…but for what it’s worth, Haoyutoys seems to have proven they’re reliable and are quality. I think we’re in good hands 😁. We’ll truly find out a year from now.

And yeah, good lord I hope this game crushes. It’s been in development for so long.

Happy to have at least Haoyutoys version but this is definitely a slap to the face because I really like the look of Wukong from the game. I'm still buying the game and will preorder it but definitely would have liked the chance to get this. Smh

I know man, I’m right there with you 😭😭

They may make a different variant for distribution if they ever do (he does have an armoured look). This one will probably remain exclusive.

I don’t think this is their choice, this will have been requested by the developers/publisher. They’re not the first collectibles company to make exclusive items for a collectors edition of a game.

Its a shame but I really doubt this would see another release.

They approached Inart to make this specifically for the collectors edition of the game and Inart gave them a number that they could produce within a timeframe

Realistically the collectors edition should have included something else and they should have just done a general release for this figure and the put the preorder up when the game launches

They may make a different variant for distribution if they ever do (he does have an armoured look). This one will probably remain exclusive.

I don’t think this is their choice, this will have been requested by the developers/publisher. They’re not the first collectibles company to make exclusive items for a collectors edition of a game.
The armored look is actually the real Wukong.

The lore behind this game actually runs quite deep but common consensus amongst Chinese players are that the Wukong we are controlling is either a hair clone from Wukong (Wukong has a magic trick that transforms his hair into copies of him, similar to Naruto's Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) that gain sentience or the Six Eared macaque that was revived/survived the original story.

Basically, it means that there are at least two versions of Wukongs running about in the game.

If you are interested in the Wukong that wrecks the heavens and played a major part in Journey to the West, then the armored look (Victorious Fighting Buddha) is what you want because canonically that's how he's depicted, especially during his wreck the heavens and after Journey to the West.

If you are interested in the Wukong in this game that seems to have amnesia or slowly discovering his real identity, then the monk garb look is what you want.

The armored look may be appealing to some collectors but you would still be missing out the game Wukong, especially if you like the design and the story of this Wukong.

Whichever way InArt goes, I doubt collectors would be happy with their decision. At this point they already pissed off quite a bit of Chinese collectors with the second class citizen treatment of figure releases and this is just the latest drop in their really terribe marketing strategy.

The armored look is actually the real Wukong.

The lore behind this game actually runs quite deep but common consensus amongst Chinese players are that the Wukong we are controlling is either a hair clone from Wukong (Wukong has a magic trick that transforms his hair into copies of him, similar to Naruto's Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) that gain sentience or the Six Eared macaque that was revived/survived the original story.

Basically, it means that there are at least two versions of Wukongs running about in the game.

If you are interested in the Wukong that wrecks the heavens and played a major part in Journey to the West, then the armored look (Victorious Fighting Buddha) is what you want because canonically that's how he's depicted, especially during his wreck the heavens and after Journey to the West.

If you are interested in the Wukong in this game that seems to have amnesia or slowly discovering his real identity, then the monk garb look is what you want.

The armored look may be appealing to some collectors but you would still be missing out the game Wukong, especially if you like the design and the story of this Wukong.

Whichever way InArt goes, I doubt collectors would be happy with their decision. At this point they already pissed off quite a bit of Chinese collectors with the second class citizen treatment of figure releases and this is just the latest drop in their really terribe marketing strategy.

So there’s still hope yet!!

I prefer the face of this Wukong, but I prefer the the colouring and regalia of the Haoyu offering.

maybe this wukong figure slowed the release of inart, no one knew inart was working on this until a few days ago

Confused? This is just the figurine they made for the game's Collector's Edition that sold out in minutes right?

Confused? This is just the figurine they made for the game's Collector's Edition that sold out in minutes right?
Yup, but the way they put up the marketing poster seems as though they are going to be available separately as well.

Love that InArt is pushing other companies to improve just like Hot Toys did when Enterbay and Dragon were king but their cocktease marketing is just terrible.

Wonder if they'll do his full armored look a regular release while keeping the robe look to the CE.

h1dDbOn.png

Yup, but the way they put up the marketing poster seems as though they are going to be available separately as well.

Love that InArt is pushing other companies to improve just like Hot Toys did when Enterbay and Dragon were king but their cocktease marketing is just terrible.
It was only posted on Weibo though and pretty sure they were just talking about how they collaborated with Game Science for the collectors edition, highly doubt this will see a general release.

Back