InArt - Hermione Granger 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna lie..... so excited to set up the three dioramas of the common room.
SO MANY posing options....

I, frankly, don't care about joining a team. I just want the best product while having a good time. The politics is super annoying.
Same. I’ve got no favoritism between the different companies. I’ll buy what I like regardless of who’s making it.

Nice comp.

See, you could add a little length to the skirt and solve the knee issue.
Add some length to the skirt and reduce the sock height by the same amount

Technically, at that age as a kid, the head should be slightly larger in proportion to the body. A kid isn't a smaller adult in terms of body proportions. However, at 1/6, I'm assuming a little adjustment might be enough to throw things out of scale.

Technically, at that age as a kid, the head should be slightly larger in proportion to the body. A kid isn't a smaller adult in terms of body proportions. However, at 1/6, I'm assuming a little adjustment might be enough to throw things out of scale.
Very true. A kid her age (around 11 or so) is going to be 6 heads tall. The average adult is around 7.5 heads tall.

This looks good, but not $400+ good. Legs are bad, and the facial expression seems a bit uncomfortable. The hair also looks weirdly wet in some photos. Kind of a letdown after the amazing job they did on the boys.

While overall I think she looks really good, I'm getting a bit of a rush-job vibe from this announcement. I thought Inart were supposed to be announcing Michael Jackson after Ron, but they've now brought Hermione forwards (maybe as a means of boosting Ron's sales?). Even though Inart have said on Facebook that they're working on a knee solution as far back the comments on the photos of Ron, it would seem that they weren't willing to wait for that to be complete before putting Hermione up. Maybe they're aiming to announce the knee solution before Ron and Hermione's pre-order window closes? If not, it's strange, because the knees have attracted a lot of criticism.

I also noticed that in previous announcements they've included a picture like the one below in the batch of photos that they put on Facebook, but there's no equivalent photo for Hermione yet. It's possible that it doesn't mean anything, but Hermione does come with fewer accessories than the other two - maybe they're planning on adding more, or at least the seamless knees, before they release a picture like this?

Saw this on Facebook from OSK.

447903509_881016274043111_1284126687981868857_n.jpg

I have to admit Hermione does have a lot less accessories than Harry and Ron. Maybe it's because of the hair? No idea.

Ah, well there we go. I wonder why that photo wasn't posted on Inart's own page?

I think you're probably right - they might be cutting back on accessories to to keep the price of the standard version in line with the sculpted versions of the boys as much as possible.

I'm a little whelmed.
Not under-whelmed, but not blown away like with Ron and Harry, still love the diorama and the figure itself but a bit let down by the comparative lack of cool world-building accessories compared to the boys.
Lets be honest, this is Hermione she needs loads more books - at least the really big one that she found out the Nicholas Flamel info in

It's up on Inart's site now and there's only one listing, with the diorama. Kit has also only listed one link on his Facebook. So it looks like maybe there's no standard edition this time...

Lets be honest, this is Hermione she needs loads more books - at least the really big one that she found out the Nicholas Flamel info in

Including that book makes more sense than a copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard...

Ordered with Kit! :panic:

I am surprised they didn't at the very least offer a rooted option without the base. I wanted the base regardless, but for others that were strictly going the less expensive sculpted route on the other two, they are forced to get a base if they want the trio.

Ordered with Kit! :panic:

I am surprised they didn't at the very least offer a rooted option without the base. I wanted the base regardless, but for others that were strictly going the less expensive sculpted route on the other two, they are forced to get a base if they want the trio.

Yeah, that really sucks...

So, is there a standard version or not?
At the moment, no.

Have to see if InArt changes their mind due to negative feedback, which is currently flooding in from all the brokies who went standard versions for the previous two. (I'm just being sardonic there. I respect everyone's collecting preferences.)

It was more reasonable with Gandalf since his whole head would have just been a block of un-posable plastic and neither option came with a diorama.

Forcing Standard version buyers to now get one piece of the common room diorama seems to go back on InArt's promise to never lock a figure behind a deluxe offering as with TDK Joker again. *2019 Joker gets a pass due to the license mandate.

I'm deluxe dioramas all the way but see how it's an almost antagonistic and exploitative move form InArt.

Back