InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

543a6852b49678d005b5d3115e82b24a.gif

🤣🤣

Yes I have only few figures with rolling eyes and I haven't touched them, especially when eyes move separately it's truly hard to make them look realistic. Separate movement makes no sense.
Even though it may be easier to move them together like the old HT DX figures or even InArt Gandalf and TDK Joker, they don't allow enough side to side movement to get the eyes to look good. One eye ends up getting misaligned and you can't tweak it. Or, if the factory misaligned them, then you're definitely screwed. That's why separate, independently movable eyes makes more sense when including a moving eye feature.

I guess I've never understood what's so difficult about getting the eyes to look right especially with the little tool HT usually includes. Are ppl trying to use their fingers instead of the tool HT includes? I could see using your fingers not working out b/c you may bump one out of alignment when trying to work the other. But the tool or a pair of tweezers should make it pretty simple.

And this is coming from a guy (meaning me) who has tremors in his hands :lol if I can do it while shaking and struggling to keep my hands still, I guess I just feel most should be able to as well :LOL:

Last edited:
Even though it may be easier to move them together like the old HT DX figures or even InArt Gandalf and TDK Joker, they don't allow enough side to side movement to get the eyes to look good. One eye ends up getting misaligned. That's why separate, independently movable eyes makes more sense when including a moving eye feature.

I guess I've never understood what's so difficult about getting the eyes to look right especially with the little tool HT usually includes. Are ppl trying to use their fingers instead of the tool HT includes? I could see using your fingers not working out b/c you may bump one out of alignment when trying to work the other. But the tool or a pair of tweezers should make it pretty simple. And this is coming from a guy (meaning me) who has tremors in his hands :lol if I can do it while shaking and struggling to keep my hands still, I guess I just feel most should be able to as well :LOL:
Definitely agree. The PER system to me just doesn't work right. The eyes never seem aligned and the range on them is horrible. With the SER system, I'm in complete control on getting them aligned.

sigh.. seeing Premium Aragorn and Batman, I regretted not getting the rooted hair...
Sad.. but.. that's life i guess....

I guess there will be a second chance with kit after last batch like with Gandalf. But those are hard to get I admit.

I thinking about giving one of my two Aragorns a real battle damaged face (but I probably won't as the heads are just too precious lol) Maybe some reversable makeup? Time will tell

I love posable eyes, one of my favorite things that have become standard issue on all figs now.

Just bring on the magnetic control and we're golden.
Now go and convince Joost of JazzInc of the benefits of moveable eyes!

InArt really need to be more selective of the in-hand stuff they post or teach their social media team to better identify photos taken with an appropriate/inappropriate lens.

That latest head shot is a thing of absolute beauty. This figure has not disappointed at all.
Makes me wish I could swap the token sculpted I got so all three of my InArt Aragorn’s are rooted.

I think some of these were already shared but I don't recall seeing all of them. Sorry for the repost if so. These are part of what InArt shared on the socials. I tried to leave out the ones that I think Holo already previously posted.

View attachment 708853
View attachment 708854
View attachment 708856

View attachment 708857
Stunning. Absolutely stunning, and it can still look even better.

I'm much happier with how Aragorn came out than I am with The Batman.

I really hope this holds up by the time my last batch Aragorn arrives.

I honestly don't think Inart can top this release.

I think there might be some filters on the camera for those close up shots. There's a smoothing/softening and enhancing that looks very out of place to the other photos I've seen. I don't doubt the likeness is incredible, but I think the phone's camera is doing more work than it should and the results aren't real-world accurate.

Still greatly enjoying the steady streams of new imagery, it's going to be one of the most incredible figures ever released.

A lot of these new photos are screencaps from various video Chinese reviews that are not in 4k which is definitely not helping. I want to see this thing in the cold light of 4k!

If you download the BiliBili video app you can watch em...

I wish they already use magnetic eyes on him. It would be the best use of magnets. Because opening up head sculpts is a bit annyoing. But we will get there some day with another figure

I wish they already use magnetic eyes on him. It would be the best use of magnets. Because opening up head sculpts is a bit annyoing. But we will get there some day with another figure
I don't think this headsculpt opens up. It appears in videos that you go through the bottom. This headsculpt is different from the rest, as it doesn't have the neck attached to the sculpt and uses a different connector.

I don't think this headsculpt opens up. It appears in videos that you go through the bottom. This headsculpt is different from the rest, as it doesn't have the neck attached to the sculpt and uses a different connector.
That makes it even more fiddly to adjust the eyes then i think?

Yep, you can see this in the weibo video Splin3r posted. It's a relief to me, opening up the back of my Gandalf's head was pretty nerve-wracking the first time around because of how strong those magnets are. I thought I was going to tear out some hair... hopefully this approach works well.

This has me majorly hyped for the Phoenix Joker set now.

I think the first release of Joker looked to be completely underwhelming with a lot of issues so cancelled that. Didn't really pay attention to Pennywise, I've got an unopened Gandalf that I'm debating on selling or not, but from all the pictures of that release Inart have improved on a lot of the flaws from Joker that made me cancel that, this seems to have gone even further. The eyes are incredibly well done being the main point along with the release being closer to prototype. I hope the whole release comes out as good as these, they'll have done a great job if so.

I'm not sure about a magnetic eye mechanism. It's all about the execution, of course ... but it feels to me like that might be too small a space and too fiddly a mechanism to pull off in mass production. I kind of prefer the simpler approach of just using your finger. I don't want them to overengineer something and have it work worse than the simple solution. (See: their completely unnecessary magnetic wrist pegs. My Gandalf is beautiful but can barely hold his staff.) I say keep the engineering simple and the artistic execution high.

Last edited:
I think there might be some filters on the camera for those close up shots. There's a smoothing/softening and enhancing that looks very out of place to the other photos I've seen. I don't doubt the likeness is incredible, but I think the phone's camera is doing more work than it should and the results aren't real-world accurate.

Still greatly enjoying the steady streams of new imagery, it's going to be one of the most incredible figures ever released.
Dunno, to me the portrait still looks too young. IMO impossible for me to know until in hand.

People complained about the Qui-Gon sculpt losing details, but in hand there's plenty, so I didn't know what people were talking about.

Plus there's gonna be paint variations, I doubt the same person is painting every sculpt.

Back