InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jedha Patrol thanks for the video, appreciate the comparison. Both versions look awesome but I totally agree that rooted is the best match to stand alongside Gandalf. And it is the more realistic of the two, that's hard to dispute. Which takes nothing from sculpted, that one looks equally mind-blowing in its own way. This has to be the most realistic looking figure I've ever seen.

Some new photos I found on Insta

20240825_145429.jpg
20240825_145412.jpg
20240825_145444.jpg

I'm still waiting on InArt Batman also. Unlike that one I preordered Aragorn day one so I assume I'll be in the first batch. This actually looks amazing I'm not really bothered by the coat and belt. Avoiding spending unnecessarily.

View attachment 722518

Wth is this.

IS THIS one of the sculpts yall are basing your InArt love for, seriously?

I'm sorry. No.

Actually, in that particular shot I see strong likeness.
In many other existing shots not always.
The likeness definitely got somehow lost from the overwhelming proto to production.

Not on a "wth" level for me though. Still the best Aragorn presentation in any scale for me.

Only my opinion.

I'm always astonished by how different people's minds can perceive the same input so differently. Everyone's brains do not process the same information the same way. It's kind of amazing. It's like how some people have an inner monologue and some don't. In some ways the world really does seem to be subjective. (Not crapping on anybody's opinions AT ALL. Just in awe of biological diversity.)

Initially, I thought futzing the hair on the rooted would bring out the strong likeness the prototype had. I'm not so sure anymore honestly. Every time I look at photos of Viggo as Aragorn, the Inart prototype, and the production piece, I feel something was lost during the process and the likeness wasn't as strong when the prototype photos were advertised. I have come back to these photos so many times and there's something missing and I can't pinpoint what it is.

There is definitely a downgrade from proto to production, to me it looks like it has been squished a bit and didn’t turn out as gaunt/angular as Viggo’s face looked. Jawline/chin/forehead (take your pick) is definitely too wide. Still the best Aragorn ever made in probably any scale, but still I think the downgrade is on par with their opening Joker release, which isn’t the forward momentum I would love to see from InArt.

Bit of a rant here if you’ll indulge me.

I’m usually really patient with releases but I do find the whole influencer batch release and review cycle to be pretty annoying at this point. No ill will towards the reviewers at all, but like, what audience exactly is InArt in a rush to market these figures to when every retailer is completely sold out anyway? Do they expect increased sales on other figures that are still up for PO? Regardless, I have basically zero confidence that the rooting on the figure I receive months later will look like the early reviews. My Gandalf definitely looked nothing like the early videos. Also, the notion of collecting a whole line of say 9 figures from InArt at this pace is also really off-putting. 7 more members of the fellowship by what, 2030?

Back