InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which details? On their description they just say the vest is leather. Not a word about the coat or belts. The "operation guide" says "Product material: Metal, Resin, PVC, ABS, Real Fabric, Wool, etc." Not a mention about leather, less specifically on belts or coat. Can't tell just from seeing mine if it's leather or pleather, really.
Also, I found this morning my Aragorn fell down from his base. Luckily he didn't suffer any damage, like my Joker did, but man, those magnets are far from the best solution for these figures. At least they should include a regular support option. :confused:

Some of the info from queen studios site

“For example, we chose suede for the trench coat to best recreate the texture of the costume while also considering the ease of care for collectors. It is durable and age-resistant.”

“The cloak is made of a light, thin, and drapey material, while the boots, belt, and other parts of the costume are all made of real fabrics, giving the figure more authenticity.”

Some of the info from queen studios site

“For example, we chose suede for the trench coat to best recreate the texture of the costume while also considering the ease of care for collectors. It is durable and age-resistant.”

“The cloak is made of a light, thin, and drapey material, while the boots, belt, and other parts of the costume are all made of real fabrics, giving the figure more authenticity.”
Yeah, that I see, they look great quality materials, but real fabric and age-resistant doesn't mean it's leather. Anyway, I really hope it lasts for long.

Yeah, that I see, they look great quality materials, but real fabric and age-resistant doesn't mean it's leather. Anyway, I really hope it lasts for long.

I was just under the impression people were worried about it being pleather which the YouTube guy claims. It’s not pleather but also not real leather. Real leather also dries up and cracks if not cared after.

That duster coat is definitely not real suede but the actual costume isn't suede either.

Just saw that Hot Toys are releasing a new T-800 with a full real leather outfit...why doesn't this supposed definitive, premium quality Aragorn come with a real leather coat again? 😏

So are some of you straight up washing the hair with a bit of shampoo and water to remove the product in the hair and then adding back in your own gel/something similar?
I didn’t even bother washing it. I just gave it a little brush, wet it, styled it and then added more product.

IMG_5710.jpeg

That duster coat is definitely not real suede but the actual costume isn't suede either.

Just saw that Hot Toys are releasing a new T-800 with a full real leather outfit...why doesn't this supposed definitive, premium quality Aragorn come with a real leather coat again? 😏
Because real leather is barely poseable

Naw. I have it on a few of mine you just can’t really get it thin enough imo
Dunno there are very thin glove leathers like lambskin. But I haven't tried.

For myself I'll have enough on my hands trying to get together the right Ranger cloak. Seems like there is a whole world of cloak making - the shape of the hood, volume, etc.

Tho not gonna kill myself over something that's gonna get heavily distressed anyway.

I'm afraid to post these, but oh well. I don't have any fancy backdrops, or decent photography skills, but here goes:

Looks great. IMO folks should be afraid to post pictures. Every picture gives ideas and also shows what people might potentially receive and/or triggers ideas.

LOL I may pose mine sitting down in some grass or something, looking thoughtful. Then I don't have to worry about him falling over. Good thing I'll be getting some fake rocks with my new Obi-Wan. 😁 Or I could look around the yard. I've already got a few old "logs" I've used before.

Back