InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making me feel like a slacker. I still haven’t even futzed with Gandalf’s beard and cloak. I need to go to find the InArt video tutorial for that and buy a water spray bottle, and some sort of tweezers or whatnot. My Gandalf’s beard is to uniform right out of the box. (I guess this should probably be posted in the InArt Gandalf thread, but too lazy to do that too!)

Before & After. Less Cavalier-ey now! View attachment 725517
For my part I prefer before it was perfect, now the hair has less volume :unsure:
Same for you, customs are really great but for the hair i prefer before, less flat.
This one was really Perfect to me for exemple, I would never have touched it 😅
Aragorn.jpg

Mine arrived from Giantoy and I'm happy to report that the sculpt looks not only flawless but phenomenal as well. Even the hair looks good right out of the box - not all flattened on top as I was expecting. I don't really have time to get him set up yet - other than inspecting the sculpt all I've done is a quick inventory to make sure everything's there (alas, no ranger cloak from Giantoy either). Sounds like I may also need to find another figure stand as well? Are the magnets that bad?
The magnets are fine if you adjust them

"You have my sword."

CJqYdlU.jpeg

Mine arrived from Giantoy and I'm happy to report that the sculpt looks not only flawless but phenomenal as well. Even the hair looks good right out of the box - not all flattened on top as I was expecting. I don't really have time to get him set up yet - other than inspecting the sculpt all I've done is a quick inventory to make sure everything's there (alas, no ranger cloak from Giantoy either). Sounds like I may also need to find another figure stand as well? Are the magnets that bad?
The magnets in the base works fine for me but I would make sure the ankles aren’t weak before relying on it. I even have one foot off of where the magnet is since I have him standing diagonally.

For my part I prefer before it was perfect, now the hair has less volume :unsure:

Same for you, customs are really great but for the hair i prefer before, less flat.
This one was really Perfect to me for exemple, I would never have touched it 😅
Yeah, I like full hair...Thorin, Gandalf, even Aragorn I hope....besides re-watching Fellowship his hair changes scene to scene (obviously). It's like you can't go wrong....tho I do think cutting a few bangs improves the likeness a lot.

Nekko has been an inspiration.

The head was another story. The first head I worked with had plenty of product on the hair, and an overall good look.
The two flaws I find with the hairing Inart does are the curliness, and the lack of some kind of "bang". I mean shorter strands before the forehead.
So I began with removing the product and try to straighten the hair. That was not easy but the result is there. I then gave Aragorn a haircut, worked with a paintbrush and a mini comb to restyle the hair and fixed it with my "do it all" product: Pliz.

View attachment 725242

View attachment 725244

View attachment 725243

View attachment 725245

View attachment 725246

View attachment 725247

So, in my opinion, with a little work this figure is stunning and perfectly matches the prototype, wich has a good haircut, a perfect detailed painted beard, and is very well lighted and photographed.

View attachment 725249

View attachment 725250

View attachment 725251
Can you reassure us that this will work as well as yours did if we try and style the hair? This looks phenomenal.

Put mine together today (sans Elven cloak -- waiting on the Ranger cloak), and it is awesome. My photography skills suck, so I won't bother posting my crap photos since everyone else is doing a much better job.

Back