InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take pictures of them all standing next to each other? Curious to see all the different looks and hairstyles.
:)

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

Looks great in your photo. As far as Gandalf goes, it’s a nice figure, but I wasn’t really blown away by it. I know, unpopular opinion. The headsculpt is great, but everything else on that figure is pretty on par with today’s standards imo.
It's why I nearly passed, basically feel like I am spending $400 for a head sculpt except I did feel like I needed a Ranger Aragorn. Who doesn't even have a full cloak. Even though the fig is actually shipping from China.

Tho i could have gone sculpted but I like rooted hair depending.

Personally love Gandalf and even more so now that Aragorn is here to be displayed with him. Also finally took the time to water treat the outer cloak on Gandalf so now it's draping on him nicely. Really happy with these two. Need more LOTR figures, INART. Hurry up.

rT3meIU.jpeg

Beautiful job maximizing their potential.

I still can't understand when collectors pass or say these just aren't up to their standards. Some of these guys have Hasbro Star Wars figures on their shelves. Strange hobby. :lol

Personally love Gandalf and even more so now that Aragorn is here to be displayed with him. Also finally took the time to water treat the outer cloak on Gandalf so now it's draping on him nicely. Really happy with these two. Need more LOTR figures, INART. Hurry up.

rT3meIU.jpeg

Gandalf is a beautiful figure and you've done an amazing job on futzing both! :clap I almost feel like I enjoy looking at the pics rather than actually owning them.

I still can't understand when collectors pass or say these just aren't up to their standards. Some of these guys have Hasbro Star Wars figures on their shelves. Strange hobby. :lol
For me personally, I wouldn't say it has anything to do with standards. From what I've discovered, I just think I prefer LOTR in statue form rather than figure form. Having had the SS PFs for so long then going back to a smaller format - they just don't have the same presence as a larger scale statue for me no matter how good they actually are. I just wasn't wowed by Gandalf, that's all. It's also my view as half empty vs half full meaning I think being bummed by all that is wrong with it overshadowed what is good about it. Oddly enough, I was more excited and wowed by Waruna's Indy sculpt than I was unboxing Gandalf. Doesn't make sense, I know. But, as you said, "strange hobby."

Last edited:
Invoice from Kit received, paid and Elessar is on his way! Out of interest; for those in the UK, how long did it take to arrive from dispatch?

So many Aragorns and still waiting on mine from specfiction. Great pictures everyone, this figure looks more and more phenomenal after the first shots out there

Secured a second Aragorn. I’m wondering if this one will include the ranger cloak :unsure:
FedEx Express shipping was actually cheaper than standard shipping, should be arriving in 2-5 business days.
I checked. If you click on the "read more" button it says that it doesn't include the cloak.

Back