InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work Neko.

I see you ordered your own dealer's batch.

Personally love Gandalf and even more so now that Aragorn is here to be displayed with him. Also finally took the time to water treat the outer cloak on Gandalf so now it's draping on him nicely. Really happy with these two. Need more LOTR figures, INART. Hurry up.

rT3meIU.jpeg
That Gandalf looks ace 👌

Beautiful job maximizing their potential.

I still can't understand when collectors pass or say these just aren't up to their standards. Some of these guys have Hasbro Star Wars figures on their shelves. Strange hobby. :lol
Amen to that. Accuracy nits aside on the “his belt’s a mm too wide and sienna brown when it should be pantone 165”, the figure is exquisite in its own right. So is Gandalf. We’ve bitched for years about how much better portraits and realism could be, get this, and you still have those who go, “meh.” That’s a head scratcher for me.

AND it’s not like their design team goes out of its way to be inaccurate. With as much as stuff changes in movies in the chaos of filming, I’m sure you can find references somewhere that support why we get what we got.

Just my $0.02.

Amen to that. Accuracy nits aside on the “his belt’s a mm too wide and sienna brown when it should be pantone 165”, the figure is exquisite in its own right. So is Gandalf. We’ve bitched for years about how much better portraits and realism could be, get this, and you still have those who go, “meh.” That’s a head scratcher for me.

AND it’s not like their design team goes out of its way to be inaccurate. With as much as stuff changes in movies in the chaos of filming, I’m sure you can find references somewhere that support why we get what we got.

Just my $0.02.
Because for me a figure is more than a head sculpt.

Bein' a costume junkie, IMO what distinguishes a "doll" from an "art figure" is attention to scale, materials, details, paint including shading and neatness, ability to hold a pose, strength of the underlying body. AND critically the price e.g., at the price point, am I happy? Form follows function.

IMO there's nothing remarkable about the costuming here, compared to a number of 1/6 costumes (or at least the ones I've purchased) and worse, InArt decided to make an exclusive out of something pretty basic to the character. There's some amateur mistakes like the huge coat binding (off scale) and hands that fall off and/or weak ankles and/or a figure that falls over. This isn't a 200$ fig; it's a 400$+ plus fig; but my new Boba Fett has perfect tiny seams and pleats, everything to scale.

InArt seems pretty pleased about the "thin elven cloak" but what I seem is inexpensive printed material - not woven - that has no finishing of any kind. The coat isn't leather which was surprising.

So I'd disagree that the costume/figure is exquisite. From what I've seen, I'll get a "pretty good but could use some upgrades if I want to work at it" figure. Because it's a 400$ plus figure. If it were a 200$ figure then I'd be - well, less cynical. On the shelf he'll be fine. But InArt could have done a bit more.

Eagerly anticipating the invoice for this. Been re-reading the books recently, currently on The Two Towers. Still debating on whether or not I'll pick up another base for him.

Because for me a figure is more than a head sculpt.

Bein' a costume junkie, IMO what distinguishes a "doll" from an "art figure" is attention to scale, materials, details, paint including shading and neatness, ability to hold a pose, strength of the underlying body. AND critically the price e.g., at the price point, am I happy? Form follows function.

IMO there's nothing remarkable about the costuming here, compared to a number of 1/6 costumes (or at least the ones I've purchased) and worse, InArt decided to make an exclusive out of something pretty basic to the character. There's some amateur mistakes like the huge coat binding (off scale) and hands that fall off and/or weak ankles and/or a figure that falls over. This isn't a 200$ fig; it's a 400$+ plus fig; but my new Boba Fett has perfect tiny seams and pleats, everything to scale.

InArt seems pretty pleased about the "thin elven cloak" but what I seem is inexpensive printed material - not woven - that has no finishing of any kind. The coat isn't leather which was surprising.

So I'd disagree that the costume/figure is exquisite. From what I've seen, I'll get a "pretty good but could use some upgrades if I want to work at it" figure. Because it's a 400$ plus figure. If it were a 200$ figure then I'd be - well, less cynical. On the shelf he'll be fine. But InArt could have done a bit more.
Couldn't agree more. I don't even have mine yet but I'm already planning on butchering it. Look, it's a great Aragorn straight out of the box but there are a lot of things that could have been done a lot better and with more care, (which Neko has incredibly shown!) especially at the price point.

The jerkin is probably the worst item. Not only is it missing all sorts of details, it's way too short at the front and the back is supposed to be long enough to touch the back of the boots!! InArt version looks like a miniskirt 😅.

0379e98101f1a3ce411646f3950032f1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 0379e98101f1a3ce411646f3950032f1 (1).jpg
    0379e98101f1a3ce411646f3950032f1 (1).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Sorry mate, that's the Elven cloak that comes with all versions...
You have no idea how happy I am even with this because I was under the impression that he was getting no cloak unless direct thru Inart or something… and I saw a few pictures of him without any cloak and I’m like he’s missing part of his outfit lol but I am so happy to have what I have.

Last edited:
Random question - where would Aragorn keep his pipe when he isn't smoking it?
He has it tucked in his belt here but I usually store mine sticking slightly out of the bedroll.

Random fact, that pouch on his belt, usually thought to be his tobacco pouch supposedly contains oil and a leather rag for use in sharpening the sword with the whetstone...according to The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare book anyway!

Screenshot_20240916_214544_YouTube.jpg

You have no idea how happy I am even with this because I was under the impression that he was getting no cloak unless direst thru Inart or something… and I saw a few pictures of him without any cloak and I’m like he’s missing part of his outfit lol but I am so happy to have what I have.
that's a really great perspective to have and wish I shared in that

Last edited:
View attachment 726189

amazing looking piece, although for me the sculpt isnt as good as gandalfs IMO , theres also a slight bit of sculpted hair at the front to give the rooted widows peak its lift and it really bloody bugs me.

Overall though the tailoring and look of him is fantastic 👌
tommy-wiseau-oh-hi-mark.gif

Back