InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I also think some people are pushing the head down too far on the post, and it makes the figure looks worse.)
I think the crappy Elvan cloak has a lot to do with this… it bunches up so high and covers the neck (even on their prototype)

But I do agree not pushing it so far down will help that too

Very nice. What product did you use, any tips how to get it to look this good?

That's just how it looked out of the box. I only moved around his front bang strands a bit and have them look more tangled up instead of the separate strands they came as.

out of the box
537346-inart-aragorn-my-pics-IMG-5160-resize.jpg

adjusted the bangs over his eye
IMG_5396.JPG

It seems that there are several posts after mine echoing my theory that it’s a complete crapshoot as to what you are going to get with the rooted hair one I’ve seen some that look so bad, I feel fortunate to have gotten one that looked decent and I still spent hours reworking it too.

My brother also got a “pinhead” version and to the person who got hair that’s too short , man that’s a tough one. Can’t even do much about that id honestly wrote them and ask for an exchange

Am debating contacting them, tho after a comment in the Gandalf post debatable whether they will do anything.

aragorn_inart_opt.jpg

Took hours to get to this point and a ridiculous amount of gel - so much product this might as well be artificial fiber. There's more stuff I could try but even then, there's too much hair. The wrong kind of mohair as well, e.g. too large of a wave, too thick, and cut too short.

A 500$ + fig shouldn't be this much work. It's not like it's horrible after many hours of futzing, but at this point unimpressed.
Although, managed to get close to the original image. Which on mine will take hours more work. Like on mine, getting the curl out at the bottom.:mad:

aragorn_sample_inart.jpg

https://queenstudios.shop/pages/ina...td0nMA6RkDWYK5x2qQ24Z3Wtl4RhLE3kvOlbEaHdO5p_S

1. The figure’s paint and rooted hair are hand-crafted, and minor differences are considered normal.

Last edited:
Am debating contacting them, tho after a comment in the Gandalf post debatable whether they will do anything.

View attachment 729197

Took hours to get to this point and a ridiculous amount of gel - so much product this might as well be artificial fiber. There's more stuff I could try but even then, there's too much hair. The wrong kind of mohair as well, e.g. too large of a wave, too thick, and cut too short.

A 500$ + fig shouldn't be this much work. It's not like it's horrible after many hours of futzing, but at this point unimpressed.
Although, managed to get close to the original image. Which on mine will take hours more work. Like on mine, getting the curl out at the bottom.:mad:

View attachment 729203

https://queenstudios.shop/pages/ina...td0nMA6RkDWYK5x2qQ24Z3Wtl4RhLE3kvOlbEaHdO5p_S

I would contact them as, I’m not trying to be harsh, but that looks awful.

Back