InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to take some pictures in daylight

48701265ol.jpeg

48701266es.jpeg

Just water - mine was soaked in product- it was good to get rid of some of it
Yeah, can't believe I'm saying this, I've got too much hair e.g. volume, not length. Too poufy/thick. The only time it looks right is when the hair is pretty wet.
Gave him a final rinse and giving up. I'm just gonna have to have an Aragorn with "good hair" e.g. lots of it.

Guess I could go in and thin out, one way or the other, with the real chance of messing the whole thing up. The other option is loading it with product but hair stuff isn't designed to last over the long term. There's actually gluing it but nope.

Yeah, can't believe I'm saying this, I've got too much hair e.g. volume, not length. Too poufy/thick. The only time it looks right is when the hair is pretty wet.
Gave him a final rinse and giving up. I'm just gonna have to have an Aragorn with "good hair" e.g. lots of it.

Guess I could go in and thin out, one way or the other, with the real chance of messing the whole thing up. The other option is loading it with product but hair stuff isn't designed to last over the long term. There's actually gluing it but nope.
It’s ironic to me that people like yourself who are the most skeptical of INART always seem to get the worst/bad ones, the just “good” ones. Genuinely, I do feel bad cause it’s always something that keeps you from being pretty happy with their products. That, or you have higher standards or unreasonable expectations for their product.

I used a lot of hair products on my custom Aragorn and it worked pretty well

It’s ironic to me that people like yourself who are the most skeptical of INART always seem to get the worst/bad ones, the just “good” ones. Genuinely, I do feel bad cause it’s always something that keeps you from being pretty happy with their products. That, or you have higher standards or unreasonable expectations for their product.
That's the Mortis gods giving me the universal symbol, as usual. No, I wasn't looking to bash InArt for reasons. There's tremendous hype at times.

I don't know that I had any particular expectations...it would have been nice to have been blown away. Hadn't given it a lot of thought, tho since I own more that one ASMUS Thorin yeah, some have better hair than others. Usually with a rooted sculpt I'd worry the hair got skimped on.
So here the hair was cut too short but is too thick, lots of wave, so it looks more IMO like Richard Gere with long hair than Viggo. Either that or Viggo suddenly got really good hair.

I used a lot of hair products on my custom Aragorn and it worked pretty well

Yeah, for this one to flatten the hair out it's gonna take product, and probably outright heat treating to get rid of the curl, and maybe chemical straightening. And some sort of professional to thin out all this &^%$ hair - which on the plus side since I washed it out, does feel like fine, silky mohair.

It'll work out, eventually I can do the hooded Ranger look like the old Sideshow statue. I just wasn't planning on spending hours on this fig - or any fig at the moment, with real life etc.

My first InArt - would I buy another? Yes. Am I blown away? No. He's pretty good and IMO needs some work. Wish I had ordered the sculpted even tho I don't usually mind futzing. But it will be fine. At least I have a decent paint etc.

Back