InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never understood the beef collectors have with crotch grabbers. I would prefer 100% insurance that my $450 figure will not fall even if it hinders my display pose!
I’ve got three Inart figures and I wouldn’t trust any of the bases. I have several Kaustic Plastic figures and the bases are excellent so it can be done.

Not sure its fair to stack customs against a factory-made figure, although InArt should take it as a compliment.

What factory-made figures are better than Aragorn?
Gandalf still beats this imo. And the reason is the facial hair. Gandalf can get away with almost photorealism with the real beard etc. Aragorns painted stubble cant pass that photorealism under hard critism.

Probably Inarts Pennywise toothy grin sculpt Beats this out as well.

Non InArt pieces Id say could argue is better if Have to say Robocop (clean and battle damaged -BD I dont own), maybe even Batman Returns Batman. But they have part of their face covered in some instances so not sure it its a fair comparison.

I just paid my invoice for InArt Potter from Kit so I'll have him soon to see where he stacks as well.

I think it's still fair to judge overall. I mean InArt is trying to sell us "custom level" quality pieces at affordable costs after all.

I'd happily say Aragorn is in the top 5 probably. Only thing dropping it down for me is that stubble.

I’ve said it before. If only they would have nailed the sculpt a bit more I would have been quite happy with my Asmus Aragorn.
I would have too, especially factoring in costs and what you get. Haven't had an issue with ASMUS costumes, accessories, etc.

In general, overall I think ASMUS makes better use of fabrics, or chooses better fabrics, keeping within its cost point.

My cons over this fig so far:
1) At least with mine, this hair is a lot of work.
2) The tunic is too short and IMO should have been made of a microsuede, not whatever this thin napped polyester/nylon is. It's a bit stiff. (Although, to be fair, possibly the tunic proportions are better for a 12 inch figure; than a 6 foot human, on how that looks. Maybe adding that extra length would make a 12 inch figure look dumpy - haven't tested that).
3) The elven cloak, while it flows nicely, just comes off a bit cheap fabric-wise. No edge finishing. Should have been a woven fabric.
4) The sculpt isn't all there. It's probably the best Aragorn out there, but IMO is at 90-95%. Very close, but not quite it. (On the other hand, Aragorn can look different scene to scene, so....)
5) Straps appear to be "bonded leather" or something with a cloth backing. Which means potential peeling. Maybe. The quality of "bonded leather" varies.
6) The Ranger cloak mess.
7) More arrows needed tho that is a minor point and the arrows are really well done. (I just think someone in the wilderness would carry more arrows).

Overall, out of the box for the price point, I'd say ASMUS' Gandalf the White is "better", or at least made me happier, straight out of the box with minimal fuss and beautiful details. GTG with new head sculpt, Thorin, Gimli, Elrond, are at least "equal" if not "better" if you factor cost to what you get IMO. (Also, switching hands/stability isn't an issue).

That said, there's a lot of good things about this figure as well, some very nice work. I'm reasonably satisfied tho I haven't done hand switching yet and am concerned about reports of weak pegs. He will look very good on the shelf. There's some real good stuff like the hair seems to be solidly implanted and is natural fiber; the weapons, boots, vambraces, adding a "leather" patch on the right arm of the coat (the real one had leather embroidery), solid feeling body, nice paint, metal buckles, weathering; the eyes are nice tho I don't plan on moving them much (I'd be happy without moving eyes).

Having a real string wrapped around the bow impressed me, I though it would be plastic. Assembles easily enough. The metal Evenstar is impressive. Even the ring he is wearing has a tiny color on the "stone". With today's prices, the development of the fig, licenses, casting the diecast sword and knife, hair implantation, paint, etc. dunno that the price is "fair" but I don't think it's unreasonable - especially since compared to HT these are fairly limited production runs. Whether people can afford it is another issue.

My biggest issue with InArt so far is I feel like I can't count on them to produce:monkey2, at least I can't avoid massive waits apparently. Which I've done with Hot Toys but they are a known entity. I don't know a Legolas will show up, or a Thorin will even get made. It feels like those snooty clothing stores where you need to book an appointment and you are lucky if you get anything, peasants:monkey3.

Last edited:
Ripped from Facebook. My eyes are really seeing the likeness in this photo.
IMG_5806.JPG

Aragorn is on his way he's in my city but I'll probably get him tomorrow or Friday. Though I'm going to start moving soon I might not be able to unbox him or at least keep him displayed. Will probably take a quick image and go from there.

Aragorn is on his way he's in my city but I'll probably get him tomorrow or Friday. Though I'm going to start moving soon I might not be able to unbox him or at least keep him displayed. Will probably take a quick image and go from there.
It's a good feeling - at least for me - when something is at least in the country and/or neighboring city.

It occurs to me with an upcoming 1,2, movies planned in the future there may be an explosion of Aragorns. Which won't replace an LOTR version, but we could be overrun with Aragorns.

I wouldn't mind having another Ranger since they were in the books. Halbarad, maybe.

InArt figure orders for me so far and status from day they went up for preorder:

Joker - in hand @ 16 months
Gandalf - in hand @ 20 months
Aragorn - in hand @ 20 months
Harry Potter - shipping today will be in hand @ 16 months
Bruce Wayne - ordered via Spec, shipped by boat @ 24 months...still waiting though
The Batman - ordered via Kit still waiting at 25 months
Superman- just released @ 12 months not shipping yet
Ron Weasley - preorder 4 months ago
Hermione Granger - preorder 3 months ago

IMO anything getting in hand under 2 years is pretty good. Anything in hand under 18 months is fantastic. Batman on the other hand....

I need to know this person’s secret. I was pretty satisfied with the way I styled his hair, but this looks much better.
There are a few in the FB groups that have a look I will try to copy when I receive mine. That photo is unfortunately making me impatient lol.

Back