InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since everyone’s piling on the likeness, I’m just gonna come right out and say it but the prototype likeness wasn’t even bang on to the character to begin with. Never was lol.

The Final Release is essentially the same as the Proto minus the typical degradation every figure experiences.

That being said, the Final product is still awesome.

Since everyone’s piling on the likeness, I’m just gonna come right out and say it but the prototype likeness wasn’t even bang on to the character to begin with. Never was lol.

The Final Release is essentially the same as the Proto minus the typical degradation every figure experiences.

That being said, the Final product is still awesome.
I feel that way about Gandalf, Aragorn, now Legolas. Also I figure with Aragorn something must be off or why does he have to be photographed so carefully or he looks like someone else.

But I would have been happy enough if I'd gotten a reasonable version of the prototype. The face paint is fine.

He also just looks like a different person throughout the movies too. He has a very unique face.

IMG_6249.jpeg
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6254.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6256.jpeg
IMG_6257.jpeg

I think some universal truths are that indeed his face is a tough one to capture. Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, Kyle Maclachlan… Viggo all guys with super distinctive faces, incredibly charismatic guys that tend to look different in every still frame. It’s very very difficult to capture them. Ford and Craig have had more attempts and thus more success over the years.

I do agree the prototype sculpt was also off but it’s an admirable attempt. I think it’s probably the best Viggo we have seen. I still feel that way in the production version. To me it’s the paint that throws it off. And the many many variations on the rooted hair that are all over the place. Thus why I feel at least the sculpted hair gives less room for variance.

The trouble is without that very very good touch on nuance it can all be thrown off quite a bit.

I do still agree that this is a very fine figure overall in its own right. It’s just a tough one to nail down.

Back