InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really do think once you wet the hair and work with it you can get it looking pretty good.
1000005584.jpg

Took a few days of futzing and washing/cutting the hair.
Finally got it looking good.
Hair was way to long and stringy/curly out of the box. Do feel that when paying these prices everything should be perfect, definitely shouldn’t need this much work with the hair. Not everyone has the balls or skill to customize it. 3rd Inart figure I had to do some work on.
Have a few other nitpicks with the figure, but overall it’s solid.
IMG_9417.jpeg

Took a few days of futzing and washing/cutting the hair.
Finally got it looking good.
Hair was way to long and stringy/curly out of the box. Do feel that when paying these prices everything should be perfect, definitely shouldn’t need this much work with the hair. Not everyone has the balls or skill to customize it. 3rd Inart figure I had to do some work on.
Have a few other nitpicks with the figure, but overall it’s solid.
Thank you. Am on round 3 with my Aragorn's hair, because I grimly did not want to deal with the InArt return process.

It's been a learning experience. And it's taken hours, days. I would have been happy with overly long, curling hair. What I have is dense, rather coarse, large-curled, stubborn mohair. Ultimately mine won't look screen accurate like yours, or like some of the other nice pictures.
Thankfully Aragorn's hair takes a beating through these films and looks different depending on scene.

But I think I'm getting to where it looks Aragorn. E.g. InArt hair rooting, fiber quality, and basic hair trimming is inconsistent. I sure wouldn't buy this fig resale without seeing the sculpt first, to make sure I got hair "where you just need a little water and to pull the bangs forward".

TBH this isn't even my favorite character and I'm sick of looking at Viggo's face in miniature, hours of it, it's like being on some weird reality TV show.:lol

Thank you. Am on round 3 with my Aragorn's hair, because I grimly did not want to deal with the InArt return process.

It's been a learning experience. And it's taken hours, days. I would have been happy with overly long, curling hair. What I have is dense, rather coarse, large-curled, stubborn mohair. Ultimately mine won't look screen accurate like yours, or like some of the other nice pictures.
Thankfully Aragorn's hair takes a beating through these films and looks different depending on scene.

But I think I'm getting to where it looks Aragorn. E.g. InArt hair rooting, fiber quality, and basic hair trimming is inconsistent. I sure wouldn't buy this fig resale without seeing the sculpt first, to make sure I got hair "where you just need a little water and to pull the bangs forward".

TBH this isn't even my favorite character and I'm sick of looking at Viggo's face in miniature, hours of it, it's like being on some weird reality TV show.:lol
Stick with it and I'm sure you will get a result you are happy with. (y)

Stick with it and I'm sure you will get a result you are happy with. (y)
Thanks yeah he just got some hair spray :lol

Am done I think; at least he looks Viggo e.g. tamed the poufy coarse mohair (was grimly thinking to try straightener but really didn't want to go that road:eek::eek::eek:). Or, am at the limit of my skill set with a 500$ fig. I've wanted to do more with rooting/hair but not like this. I've got no skill in hair cutting either except cautious trimming.

One positive tho, would love to know what adhesive they used, since I pulled a lot on the hair, washed it, etc. Except for expected small shedding - a bonus in my case since I have too much hair - no hair loss. Whatever they used at least on mine was like iron.

Back