InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I feel once again I made the mistake of removing the hold on the hair it's to puffy now. What's a good thing to get so it stays put again. Hair spray and gel?

IMG_6711.jpeg

Alright I feel once again I made the mistake of removing the hold on the hair it's to puffy now. What's a good thing to get so it stays put again. Hair spray and gel?
Based on my own experience and reading about mohair from the reborn doll group and fiber groups as well as folks with thick curling hair, the fiber needs to be weighed down without getting too greasy.

****Do not work on hair if you are impatient, tired, angry, hungry, or rushed. Play LOTR music and breathe the free air. Think happy thoughts. Do not ingest herbs or full pints as you need to pay attention to what you are doing. *****

1) Have a little sculpt stand ready - I used the top of a small spray bottle. Handles of tools work too. Be careful not to hit the eye pegs inside the sculpt which makes Aragorn look like a zombie as the eyes roll up *&^%$:cuss

***My sculpt hair was extra thick and coarse so yours may not need as much work.:cuss

Wash sculpt with shampoo for dry air and use a conditioner (i used one with argan oil). Blot dry like u are drying a wool sweater - because it's wool.

2) Good dose of hair gel and start arranging while partially try with pointy things - I used pointed and slanted forceps. Sort of squeeze top of head to flatten the hair. Don't comb it will make wool frizzy, or, "comb with forceps" to make "piecey". Use more gel as needed. Just pick at and tug hair. Aim for that sort of "triangle" silhouette of the hair - smoother and more narrow on the top of the head, flaring out a bit at the bottom.

(Or not, sometimes if Aragorn has been battling his hair is wavy and hangs straight down - it depends on your fiber and the look you want. The fiber on my Aragorn won't look like that unless I chemically straighten which I avoided). E.g. you have to work with the fiber you got.)

Don't overwork as you will just undo gel as it dries. U can pinch bits of hair with fingers too. Let dry.

3) Protect face and lightly spray with hair spray, continuing to arrange hair. You can also spray hair spray into a pool and use a Q-tip to dab onto hair.

You can use wet fingers as products dry to continue to flatten poufiness. Let dry overnight. You can dampen fingers or Qtip after that to arrange hair more. By this time there will be enough stuff in the hair you can arrange like paper mache.

4) When you are done, take deep breath, try not to think about your life choices since you just spend 30 hours + arranging the hair on a 2 inch high head, and then go get the full pint, sit outside (assuming you are U.S.) and watch the leaves fall, and enjoy your triumph over fiber.:gandalf_w

Last edited:
Based on my own experience and reading about mohair from the reborn doll group and fiber groups as well as folks with thick curling hair, the fiber needs to be weighed down without getting too greasy.

****Do not work on hair if you are impatient, tired, angry, hungry, or rushed. Play LOTR music and breathe the free air. Think happy thoughts. Do not ingest herbs or full pints as you need to pay attention to what you are doing. *****

1) Have a little sculpt stand ready - I used the top of a small spray bottle. Handles of tools work too. Be careful not to hit the eye pegs inside the sculpt which makes Aragorn look like a zombie as the eyes roll up *&^%$:cuss

***My sculpt hair was extra thick and coarse so yours may not need as much work.:cuss

Wash sculpt with shampoo for dry air and use a conditioner (i used one with argan oil). Blot dry like u are drying a wool sweater - because it's wool.

2) Good dose of hair gel and start arranging while partially try with pointy things - I used pointed and slanted forceps. Sort of squeeze top of head to flatten the hair. Don't comb it will make wool frizzy, or, "comb with forceps" to make "piecey". Use more gel as needed. Just pick at and tug hair. Aim for that sort of "triangle" silhouette of the hair - smoother and more narrow on the top of the head, flaring out a bit at the bottom.

(Or not, sometimes if Aragorn has been battling his hair is wavy and hangs straight down - it depends on your fiber and the look you want. The fiber on my Aragorn won't look like that unless I chemically straighten which I avoided). E.g. you have to work with the fiber you got.)

Don't overwork as you will just undo gel as it dries. U can pinch bits of hair with fingers too. Let dry.

3) Protect face and lightly spray with hair spray, continuing to arrange hair. You can also spray hair spray into a pool and use a Q-tip to dab onto hair.

You can use wet fingers as products dry to continue to flatten poufiness. Let dry overnight. You can dampen fingers or Qtip after that to arrange hair more. By this time there will be enough stuff in the hair you can arrange like paper mache.

4) When you are done, take deep breath, try not to think about your life choices since you just spend 30 hours + arranging the hair on a 2 inch high head, and then go get the full pint, sit outside (assuming you are U.S.) and watch the leaves fall, and enjoy your triumph over fiber.:gandalf_w

I fricking love this Enya song. Used to listen to it when I had an especially hectic day. May need to start listening to it again.

Back