InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic pics. :clap Think I'm starting to prefer the look without the duster. Shows off more textures and the intricacies of the shirt.
Textures and colors! The grey, brown, and green just play well off each other. The Strider look has much less contrast.

Just got mine today. This might be one of my favorite figures. All around awesome looking. It does make me wish a bit that I got the rooted hair as the sculpted hair is a bit rough:

View attachment 734537

Hair aside though, on a shelf this one is awesome.
I think the sculpted hair looks better than the rooted. They really messed up the rooting hairline making it look unnatural, almost like a toupée tacked onto the top of the head. Having said that, as you mentioned, the sculpted hair appears to be lacking detail.

I just got my Aragorn (with rooted hair) a couple of days ago and still have to open it to see how much I like or dislike the hair work. So far I'm working off collector-peer pics here to make any decisions.

Man these two look so good together. Really like that prototype pose for Aragorn and am probably gonna keep him displayed like this.
P1010118.jpg
P1010120.jpg

Back