Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dec. 10th sounds great... I'll be getting this at the same time that my final flexpay for the Aurra Sing PF Exc. goes through. Merry Christmas indeed!!!

He's going to look great next to Mola.

I'm doing a lot of cutting back and this was one of the pieces that had to be let go. Love the movie, but I wasn't "wowed" by this piece when it was shown and it hasn't grown on me either.

Just looking at the Captain Jack Sparrow statue.
...thats a statue that is waaaay more complicated and detailed than the ToD one (mainly due to what they wore respectively in the movies).

I don't understand why the more complicated statue gets a switch out hand as well but the Indy figure doesn't? Just seems weird.

Same could be said for the Luke Skywalker Jedi knight figure. Is anyone really going to pose that with the switch out pistol hand instead of the lightsaber?

Just looking at the Captain Jack Sparrow statue.
...thats a statue that is waaaay more complicated and detailed than the ToD one (mainly due to what they wore respectively in the movies).

I don't understand why the more complicated statue gets a switch out hand as well but the Indy figure doesn't? Just seems weird.

Same could be said for the Luke Skywalker Jedi knight figure. Is anyone really going to pose that with the switch out pistol hand instead of the lightsaber?

I would. :wave But not often, and never for long.

Yeah I just noticed that today. I'd still really like to see some new production pics up.

They are probably sick of us all whinging about the left hand with the dumb looking stone and are not wanting to put up any new pics cause they think we will probably complain more. :lol

This was sold out wasnt it? Now there quite a few available?

Wander why all the cancellations? :dunno

It pretty crappy that sideshow wont update the left hand to include a switch out whip, if they did i bet people would hold on to this PF and they wouldnt have any cancelled orders.:lecture

So... Sideshow..... any suprises coming our way? Any updates on the hand? :pray:

I still think that the PF could look nice holding an uncoiled 1/4 scale whip, he looks to be in a striking pose.

Cmon Mike, we need TOD 1/4 whips! :pray:

I wonder if the whip is removable. I'd be happy just hanging the coiled whip in that hand for a change of pace. Of course, I'm also perfectly content with the Stone, as well.

So some advice, out of these two PFs....for someone new to PFs (me) would you suggest this new PF Indy or the RotLA version? Im having a hard time deciding on which to go for....Im liking both.

Other than choosing both. I would either get the Ex ROTLA because of the paint issue on the regulars or I would wait to see how the paint turns out on ToD before making the final decision on which one to get. Hopefully the quality is a lot closer to Mola Ram and KOTCS Indy.

Other than choosing both. I would either get the Ex ROTLA because of the paint issue on the regulars or I would wait to see how the paint turns out on ToD before making the final decision on which one to get. Hopefully the quality is a lot closer to Mola Ram and KOTCS Indy.

Yeah I like them both, but at the cost I have to be a little more discriminating. I cant really afford (or enough room for that matter) to get both. I think the Raiders Indy is more Iconic Indy, but ToD is my favorite in the three original films. And Raiders (I think) looks more like Ford than the ToD Indy...so if kind of a tough decision for me. :(

Yeah I like them both, but at the cost I have to be a little more discriminating. I cant really afford (or enough room for that matter) to get both. I think the Raiders Indy is more Iconic Indy, but ToD is my favorite in the three original films. And Raiders (I think) looks more like Ford than the ToD Indy...so if kind of a tough decision for me. :(

I think it is all going to boil down to the production paint for the likeness on the ToD. The non paint images of the sculpt looked pretty dead on if I remember correctly but you are right that the images SSC has it seems a little off. I will have to wait until I get this in person to make my final judgment. But you can't go wrong with either.

I had to make the same decision.
I decided on the ToD statue for the following reasons:

1) Temple of Doom is by far my favorite Indy film
2) Pose is way more dynamic which I like
3) I like the 'no action figure joints' look on the arm and body :)

I think the likeness is pretty impressive. There are a few youtube videos worth looking at taken at a comic convention that give a better look.

Raiders statue has a pose which is a little boring. I have the standard 12" figure which is very cheap, easy to acquire and can do that pose + many better ones.

I think the paint job will be fine...they've gotten progressively better and I expect this one will be better again than the last. Big screw ups like the Raiders statue generally only happen once and then the ____ hits the fan and people make sure it doesn't happen again (yeah yeah...I may live to regret those words :D )

Last edited:
Can't wait for the in-hand pics of this piece :panic: Unfortunately I have to wait till Christmas to unbox mine :gah:

Back