James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently checking inventory for item notice....lol

Watch them come back and say they have 50 left in the newsletter

i pre-ordered the AMP suit! This is my first venture into collecting anything and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Does anyone have an opinion about keeping this thing in the box versus taking it out once I get it? It's such an impressive piece, but will I be trashing the value by removing it from the box? Is it ok to take it out of the box and then save the box in mint condition?

i pre-ordered the AMP suit! This is my first venture into collecting anything and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Does anyone have an opinion about keeping this thing in the box versus taking it out once I get it? It's such an impressive piece, but will I be trashing the value by removing it from the box? Is it ok to take it out of the box and then save the box in mint condition?

Are you collecting to display and enjoy your collectibles, or for future profits? That should help answer your question.

While value goes down a little by taking it out of the box, it doesn't go down as much as items with clamshell packaging where you literally have to cut open the packaging to remove the item.

Does anyone have an opinion about keeping this thing in the box versus taking it out once I get it? It's such an impressive piece, but will I be trashing the value by removing it from the box? Is it ok to take it out of the box and then save the box in mint condition?

You have to remove it at least once to check it for any flaws or damages, just to ensure you're covered under Sideshow's warranty. Once you've done that, I don't think most collectors mind if it's been on display so long as it's been kept free of dust and smoke.

There is a brand of collectors who like to buy only sealed, virgin and pristine pieces, and they will often pay top dollar for collectibles in that condition, but if you pander to that market you're going to get very little enjoyment from the piece yourself. My view is open it, display it, and keep the packaging in the best state possible in case you need it someday.

Enjoy your AMP suit! :)

They just aired that Oprah Oscar special with James Cameron and the cast of Avatar again. He has the Sideshow AMP Suit Maquette in one of his rooms devoted to the movie. Cool.

Looks like the in stock bar has increased. Must have been some cancellations after Avatar did not win best picture. Wish they would post more info on it.

The stock bar is a total sham...I bet these arent even close to hlaf sold out. Like the 1:2 Iron man they may be sitting around for a while until SS decides to lower the price a couple hundred notches. We all know that entire piece is made of...plastic. Maybe the base is polystone but not the AMP suit itself and like I've said many times...plastic is not worth $1000+:rolleyes:

Chris

Last edited:
We'll see about that.

I have high hopes for SS to deliver on the AMP maquette..they cannot afford another repeat of the IM maquette failure.

so, i guess avatar is going to make it to dvd before this is even released. i am losing my interest in this piece (along with my order)... if i do cancel this, it would pay for half my serenity ship cost! :D

Back