James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this thing at the SF Wonder Con in the Zbrush section. Not exciting whats so ever. The pics that Sideshow takes makes it look 1000 better then what I saw.

Wish this would have sold out last year when I pre-ordered it. Comes out in 2 months and still no update on materials or finished product

Wish this would have sold out last year when I pre-ordered it. Comes out in 2 months and still no update on materials or finished product

Thats because its made of plastic..and SS knows if they put that they will probably have 100 cancellations soon after. No one is going to pay $1000+ for a plastic statue.

Chris

Thats because its made of plastic..and SS knows if they put that they will probably have 100 cancellations soon after. No one is going to pay $1000+ for a plastic statue.

Chris

Well judging from the pics provided its bigger than I thought and look like it has quite a bit of intricate detail with metal as well. Im excited for this thing again!

pros and cons actually, but yes, $1000+ for plastics alone does seem somewhat steep.

I passed and never looked back. Pretty cool piece though, if i could get it for 30-40% off, I may make a move.

Chris

It is fine to extrapolate! but you have evidence?

Instead of saying that it is plastic. Ask by mail to the manufacturer, it will be much more useful.

Looks plastic to me.....do you think if that was polystone he would be holding the cockpit with only 2 fingers :rolleyes:
All of the weight from this thing will be in the base, not the actual suit.

amp_suit6.jpg

Chris

well it might make more sense for plastic since it would be less top heavy and depending on the type of plastic less prone to breaking at fragile parts?

still wish it cost less if production cost was less.

Looks plastic to me.....do you think if that was polystone he would be holding the cockpit with only 2 fingers :rolleyes:
All of the weight from this thing will be in the base, not the actual suit.

amp_suit6.jpg

Chris

Just like the 1/2 IM maquette. Anyway, it's an awesome piece to own. If SS can paint it right.

Back