Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not up to me for JazzInc to produce at the competitions level or not. Would you be ok with buying a Mars figure set for $600 should they ever obtain a license? The answer should be no because it’s just not there yet, but things get a pass dependent on the character chosen.

No, but you were insisting that he not even bother if he can't at the very least emulate HT. HT is pretty much the gold standard at their price point, so dismissing JazzInc is like tossing companies like Mars out as well.

And of course I wouldn't buy a Mars level figure for $600. I'm not certain I will buy a JazzInc figure at $300 yet. Because they haven't shown it.

My point was, seems people are getting steamy and worked up over a figure they haven't even seen yet, mostly because at the moment it won't having moving eyes -- something that just a few short years ago people complained about including. Some still do! I know it seems crazy.

No, but you were insisting that he not even bother if he can't at the very least emulate HT. Not everyone is as impressed with HT as you are. They have plenty of lazy work.

And of course I wouldn't buy a Mars level figure for $600. I'm not certain I will buy a JazzInc figure at $300 yet. Because they haven't shown it.

My point was, seems people are getting steamy and worked up over a figure they haven't even seen yet, mostly because at the moment it won't having moving eyes -- something that just a few short years ago people complained about including. Some still do! I know it seems crazy.
I meant a Mars two pack at $600 similar to this Catwoman two pack at $600. The only reason I’m mentioning Hot Toys is because that’s where the Keaton Batman everyone is getting will be made by. This and that are companion pieces until we get a Returns 2.0. It’s only natural to compare this to that, just like people did with the InArt Joker and the DX19 at the time they released even though they were different companies. Hot Toys Keaton 2.0 happens to be where the bar to aspire to reach is sat because no one else has challenged it, he wants his to fit in with lines he’d never want to fully make, the way to do that is have them fairly similar in most aspects.

Last edited:
I meant a Mars two pack at $600 similar to this Catwoman two pack at $600. The only reason I’m mentioning Hot Toys is because that’s where the Keaton Batman everyone is getting will be made by. This and that are companion pieces until we get a Returns 2.0. It’s only natural to compare this to that, just like people did with the InArt Joker and the DX19 at the time they released even though they were different companies.

I changed my post but not in time -- here's what I wanted to say: HT is pretty much the gold standard at their price point, so dismissing JazzInc is like tossing companies like Mars out as well.

Regarding companion pieces -- I mean, my Mars Riddler does not compare with my 13 year old HT DX08 Joker. But they look fine together. To me.

Are we getting hung up because one doll has rolling eyes and another doesn't? This is like the hair argument -- some people don't like it simply because not ALL of their collection has real hair so it would look silly. Like plastic hair by definition doesn't look silly.

For me, my biggest concern with "companion pieces" is that I want them to be in scale with each other. That's something that not even HT does all the time.

Last edited:
I stated in one of my posts that I’d hope the HT Keaton 2.0 would release soon so they could have something to scale their prototype to and compare paint apps, etc. I understand they’re their own company but that’s kind of what’s needed if you want to pick and choose what others skip. Bad scaling is the quickest turn off among collectors.

According to Sideshow -
Height: 11.81" (30 cm)

in person is ideal, are they including the ears?

Forget about the DX09, a lot of people are stuck with the DX08 for the foreseeable future, people will be pissed if this doesn’t scale with that with no 2.0 in sight.

1/6th is 1/6th -- theoretically, they should all be in scale to one another if 1/1 is reduced correctly to 1/6th. I know, it rarely is.

Anyway, I would guess Joost is using the DX09 for height reference like he did for his Batmobile. I believe the DX09 is correct for Keaton's actual 5' 9'' height.

But HT has a bad habit of making their superheroes larger than life.

1/6th is 1/6th -- theoretically, they should all be in scale to one another if 1/1 is reduced correctly to 1/6th. I know, it rarely is.

Anyway, I would guess Joost is using the DX09 for height reference like he did for his Batmobile. I believe the DX09 is correct for Keaton's actual 5' 9'' height.

But HT has a bad habit of making their superheroes larger than life.
Both DX08 & DX09 heights are stated to be 12” exact on the old Sideshow order pages under additional details, where as this new 2.0 Keaton is said to be 11.81” so a bit shorter than the old releases, but again we won’t truly know the difference until videos and pics release.

DX09 is 12 inches but if you discount the ears, then my figure is 11.5 inches... or 5' 9'' in 1/1.

Hopefully, the new measurement is his human height, not full costume height (meaning, not including the ears).

DX09 is 12 inches but if you discount the ears, then my figure is 11.5 inches... or 5' 9'' in 1/1.

Hopefully, the new measurement is his human height, not full costume height (meaning, not including the ears).
I don’t think so, since he doesn’t feature an unmasked sculpt I’m sure they’re referring to the figures height entirely.

I don't know if entertaining is the right word. Maybe amusing is as close as I could get to that idea.

On your second point, again, I heard similar suspicions regarding InArt going from statues to 1/6th. I don't see making 1/6th figures as a hugely daunting task. So many companies are doing it with far less resources than Joost. And its been a staple hobby for 20 years. There are plenty of experts to gather. I'm not saying its easy, but its not rocket science at this point. I'm sure Joost will make a very good figure. Will it be up to everyone's "quality level"...? Likely no, not even InArt is up to everyone's quality level. People starting upgrading Joker as soon as it was released. I'm certain there will be pages and pages of upgrading their new Batman.

Anyway... hope this post was... amusing.
I guess more interesting than either entertaining or amusing. It still a fun read.

I would think that making a vehicle is easier than making a figure. I'm not talking cost or production wise. There are specs. for vehicles. There are no real specs. for people. I can get specs for my Jeep's hood and scale it down. Someone critiques it they can go look up the specs. themselves. We've moved Michelle's nose up and down and we're still not happy.
I'm talking outta my ass here, but I think I can make a vehicle before I could a figure.

Mechanical things are easier in that measurements are provided, but not for all things. I would imagine there's still a lot of guesswork to calculate in one-off movie props where the recipe isn't necessarily left behind.

Mechanical things are easier in that measurements are provided, but not for all things. I would imagine there's still a lot of guesswork to calculate in one-off movie props where the recipe isn't necessarily left behind.
No question.
However, there is more guesswork with someone's face. We all see something slightly different. Even when someone's face is scanned we find fault.

Some of you take this thread too seriously, enjoy the conversation amongst eachother, once it releases the thread will die down like every other thread. Why are half of you even here instead of FB if not for the conversation.

It's less about the conversation and more about having the same conversation over and over and over.

Anyway, whatever, talk away....

I guess I just don’t see the point in Joost even bothering getting the license if we’ll be paying $400+ for essentially what Mars would give us for $190-$200. I’m past the point of needing the box to say “Catwoman” on it. Funny that he bashed Eternal for making an “illegal” Catwoman figure despite JazzInc currently producing an unlicensed Star Wars starfighter.

For the price, and being toted as the “Ultimate” Catwoman, I’d expect the bells and whistles we’ve gotten used to from the other big 1/6 companies.

The three solid heads with pre-painted eyes and no interchangeable mouths is a bummer - it limits options. One head, with movable eyes, and swappable mouth plates would be great. Separate eyes often look more realistic than mass produced, non-movable ones. Sadly people on facebook don’t understand that.

Hell, Mars is experimenting with movable eyes for their DeVito Penguin. What they’re working on looks fantastic so far - I really hope they release their Penguin and aren’t spooked off by the idea that JazzInc might make one.

5FFA5262-5045-41EC-9DD7-F048638BFC9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny enough the head boss of GameToys, third party company producing Final Fantasy figure, said on weibo recently that it's actually easier to produce moveable eyes atm than painted eyes. Said the testing and adjustment period for painted eyes are too time consuming and frustrating. They're also a company that started with painted eyes but now has switched all their sculpts to movable eyes.

Feel like Joost is shooting the idea down before really looking into it. Hope it's something he reconsiders.

dsNzaJy.png

Gotta requote this again. If Jazzinc does decide to go with 3 head sculpts per figure, gonna be interesting to see if they also run into this problem. I can't imagine they'll be satisfied like Sideshow was for their mass produced $600 1/4 statue with googly eyes where the edition size was 1750.

Huntress2.jpg

Hmm, must be new here. The conversation typically lingers around the same topics until more information is revealed. Again, if all you’re interested in is what information Joost has to give us about it, then just join the FB group instead. Updates happen last here anyways.

People are giving InArt a hard time because of how stupid and outdated Hermione’s knees are, or the drop from prototype on Aragorn. Why? Because of the price and promising premium product, we’re sticking them to it just as we should for JND, JazzInc, and Hot Toys. The understandability for growing pains shortens greatly the moment you put up a figure set that’s looking to be $600+.

InArt knew their Joker had to have PERS because the competition (DX11 from 2012 or even DX01 from 2010) had them, despite the company being a statue company with no prior experience with them. As their first figure, granted they weren’t done well and the figure suffered from the use of them, but that’s just one case. The point is they’re learning from it because they took the plunge immediately, it appears JazzInc doesn’t want to take the plunge yet which is concerning given the price he wants these to be worth selling for. You don’t want to be onto the fourth figure for example into your line when you finally decide to implement technology that’s been around for a decade now.

Back