Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the price will have to increase in order to provide the quality we’re all expecting with this ambitious release- given the nature of the costume, which necessitates a specially made seamless body, the involvement of custom artists producing extremely intricate miniature items, multiple head sculpts with interchangeable faceplates and the potential for a rooted, unmasked head on the table, along with deluxe diorama options and whatever other bonuses get tacked on as PO numbers climb.

Maybe HT, Sideshow, InArt, JND etc just markup their products an extortionate amount and JazzInc isn’t looking to profit to the same degree and actually can do all they claim for under $300.
Yeah, I won’t be surprised at all if the figures are priced at like $350. Seems like there’s a lot of engineering going on.

Joost did say he's not in the game for the money, so if there's a massive preorder number success he'll be putting that money back into the figure which is where we'll get the extra headsculpts and accessories. The most basic version of the figure he wants to be $300 is Catwoman with one headsculpt, optional hands, very basic base, 3 mouth plates, whip. In the stream he said if the price has to increase, early preorder people still get to keep the lower price they originally paid for it.

The Hot Toys Anne Catwoman 2.0 is less than $300, has rooted hair implants, newly designed special body, a sewer diorama stand backdrop, 7 interchangeable hands, gun, articulated night goggles, damaged batman cowl. Given this, I think Joost will be able to hit around the $300 price for the basic Returns Catwoman.

catwoman_dc-comics_scale_6435aa2096b63.jpg

Last edited:
Metal nails on a 1:6th is pointless. I appreciate the effort but who cares honestly, especially if it drives up cost.
Agreed. No real need for real metal claws. You would get more detail out of a 3D model I would imagine.

The Hot Toys Anne Catwoman 2.0 is less than $300, has rooted hair implants, newly designed special body, a sewer diorama stand backdrop, 7 interchangeable hands, gun, articulated night goggles, damaged batman cowl. Given this, I think Joost will be able to hit around the $300 price for the basic Returns Catwoman.

Yeah, but who wants Cat-haway?

Going through the last few pages.. some of you have quite the imagination :lol

Super excited that we're finally getting a Returns Catwoman. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Yeah, but who wants Cat-haway?

Me :LOL: If the concern was if Joost could do it for $300, that Hot Toys Catwoman shows it can be done since Joost said he's aiming for at least Hot Toys quality. Problem with that Cat-haway is all artistic choices rather than price or quality.

Another comparison to Hot Toys price is the recent Dark Knight 2.0 Armory set, you get a Batman figure, Bruce Wayne figure, and the Armory + accessories all for only $565. Jazzinc Catwoman with just the Normal Catwoman + Battle Damage Catwoman would already be $600 for just the basic figures (this is if there's only 500-1000 preorders) without factoring in whatever discount price Joost mentioned. If the Jazzinc pre-orders go well over 1000, he said he will add in multiple swap-out headsculpts, the unmasked sculpt, and accessories like bird cage. He also mentioned the single Deluxe version of Catwoman that comes with the Hell Here apartment diorama is more expensive than $300.

batman-armory-with-bruce-wayne-20_dc-comics_scale_6650b07968271.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah in the latest interview he said all of the manufacturers he talked to couldn't guarantee their bodies beyond 7 years, he brought it up as a negative for seamless bodies, but didn't rule out seamless bodies. They were just going over positives and negatives between visible joint plastic bodies vs seamless.

In a FB post a couple days after that interview came out, someone was asking for Jazzinc to make it a seamless body, and Joost replied that they were currently only looking at seamless body options (I assume the "options" part was in regards to material type instead of pre-made body).
Is longevity of the seamless body really that important when their will be almost no exposed flesh beyond that on the battle damaged version due to the suit tears?

Typicall it’s the armpits and elbows that end up tearing first from posing but that won’t be at all noticeable under the latex suit.

Of course I’d prefer Joost sources the best material available within the budget range but, if a decade is the best guarantee he can find, I’d still take that over a plastic body with exposed joints.

JND have stated the medical grade silicone they use has something like a 40 year lifespan- so clearly better stuff exists and Joost just hasn’t found the right manufacturers yet.
Me :LOL: If the concern was if Joost could do it for $300, that Hot Toys Catwoman shows it can be done since Joost said he's aiming for at least Hot Toys quality. Problem with that Cat-haway is all artistic choices rather than price or quality.

Another comparison to Hot Toys price is the recent Dark Knight 2.0 Armory set, you get a Batman figure, Bruce Wayne figure, and the Armory + accessories all for only $565. Jazzinc Catwoman with just the Normal Catwoman + Battle Damage Catwoman would already be $600 for just the basic figures (this is if there's only 500-1000 preorders) without factoring in whatever discount price Joost mentioned. If the Jazzinc pre-orders go well over 1000, he said he will add in multiple swap-out headsculpts, the unmasked sculpt, and accessories like bird cage. He also mentioned the single Deluxe version of Catwoman that comes with the Hell Here apartment diorama is more expensive than $300.

batman-armory-with-bruce-wayne-20_dc-comics_scale_6650b07968271.jpg
HT definitely overcharged for Catwoman 2.0.
No R&D for the suit.
She has the punched, artificial Barbie doll hair- not the InArt or Artisan method or material which is more time consuming and expensive; certainly the preferred hairing style for all.
It’s also only a single head, minimal hands and accessories, no small, intricate pieces, a standard plastic body- not a specially designed seamless one to match the actress’s height and proportions, and a base they immediately reused with Bane 2.0.

Jazz providing a similar product at the same price point means we’d actually be getting much more bang for our buck.

HT also don’t have to factor in any R&D costs for the 2.0 armory or batsuit since it’s all been released (or developed) previously.

Is longevity of the seamless body really that important when their will be almost no exposed flesh beyond that on the battle damaged version due to the suit tears?

Typicall it’s the armpits and elbows that end up tearing first from posing but that won’t be at all noticeable under the latex suit.

Of course I’d prefer Joost sources the best material available within the budget range but, if a decade is the best guarantee he can find, I’d still take that over a plastic body with exposed joints.

JND have stated the medical grade silicone they use has something like a 40 year lifespan- so clearly better stuff exists and Joost just hasn’t found the right manufacturers yet.

What I'm wondering is if those silicone tears at the joints like the elbows or knees end up being pretty large tears (let's assume half separation) that you'll actually be able to see the two separated silicone pieces pushing against the clothing fabric when bending those joints which would look weird. But I find the silicone bodies with metal endoskeleton has a way higher range of possibility than plastic jointed bodies + the aesthetics are just a lot nicer overall.

I think JND is the only company claiming that long of a lifespan for their silicone, so how much is that level of silicone costing their development. Their basic 1/6 Heath Joker is over $1000. Should be interesting throughout development to see if Jazzinc will make any mention of lifespan of their body.

HT definitely overcharged for Catwoman 2.0.
No R&D for the suit.
She has the punched, artificial Barbie doll hair- not the InArt or Artisan method or material which is more time consuming and expensive; certainly the preferred hairing style for all.
It’s also only a single head, minimal hands and accessories, no small, intricate pieces, a standard plastic body- not a specially designed seamless one to match the actress’s height and proportions, and a base they immediately reused with Bane 2.0.

Jazz providing a similar product at the same price point means we’d actually be getting much more bang for our buck.

HT also don’t have to factor in any R&D costs for the 2.0 armory or batsuit since it’s all been released (or developed) previously.

Could be, but HT Catwoman 2.0 is actually marketed as having a newly designed specialized body even if it's plastic, which is why I mentioned the issues there seems more related to art direction than budget and price, especially given their 1.0 was more accurate to Anne's proportions. But with Joost saying his price point being within 1% of Hot Toys was his goal, another apt comparison is the new Modern Suit Keaton Batman from The Flash - 3 mouth plates, an additional unmasked Bruce head sculpt, moveable eyes for both heads, specialized body design, 6 hands, normal cape, interchangeable wired cape, remote, bomb timer, line launcher, batarang, ninja wheels, LED light up base, also only $300. I think Jazzinc's price goal for the basic version Catwoman is not unrealistic.

batman-modern-suit_dc-comics_gallery_662299ac4dba1.jpg

Last edited:
Metal nails on a 1:6th is pointless. I appreciate the effort but who cares honestly, especially if it drives up cost.

I feel the same way. There’s some things that are neat to have in diecast, like an Optimus Prime or Iron Man, but if anything it seems like the detail of her claws could suffer from being made out of metal.

She has no exposed joints, a normal plastic body will last longer and be a better fit imo.

Yeah, I think a plastic body would be perfectly fine - especially if it’s a custom body based on Michelle Pfeiffer. I’d rather have a figure that safely lasts a long time.

I don’t agree that Joost just needs to use whatever silicone JND is using, since theirs is intended for statues that never move. I can’t imagine it would hold up the same there - which could also lead to a fun surprise for people who buy JND’s 1/6 figures.

I wouldn't mind plastic body either (It looks and works great with Hot Toys Anne Catwoman 1.0). No worries about body deterioration and parts splitting before a decade and just the uneasy feeling of having a simple elbow bent for weeks, so then it would just be a matter of finding the right suit material that won't flake like pleather and doesn't have as much limit on articulation. HT Catwoman 1.0 actually was able to articulate very well, but the pleather suit material was terrible and barely lasted.

maxresdefault.jpg

hot_toys_mms118_selina_kyle_ca_1641029378_fa20ba54_progressive.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind plastic body either (It looks and works great with Hot Toys Anne Catwoman 1.0). No worries about body deterioration and parts splitting before a decade and just the uneasy feeling of having a simple elbow bent for weeks, so then it would just be a matter of finding the right suit material that won't flake like pleather and doesn't have as much limit on articulation. HT Catwoman 1.0 actually was able to articulate very well, but the pleather suit material was terrible and barely lasted.

maxresdefault.jpg

hot_toys_mms118_selina_kyle_ca_1641029378_fa20ba54_progressive.jpg

She has the added benefit of her knees and elbows being doubly covered by the suit and long boots and gloves.

She has the added benefit of her knees and elbows being doubly covered by the suit and long boots and gloves.

Her suit actually stops covering the body right above the elbow joint and above the knee joint, so it's just the boots and gloves covering the body there; allows for less hindrance on the articulation with less fabric covering it + the ability to pull the suit up to create more slack for better articulation. As long as Jazzinc's suit isn't really thin, I think it will look just as good. But he'll need to test it out.

hot toys catwoman joints Untitled resize.png

hot toys catwoman joints 92.png

This is lightyears better than the previous “third” mouth they were going to include.

It’ll be awesome to display her licking her glove, with a whip in the other hand.

I hope the final product looks awesome.

Back