Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone added option "Increase overall cost to allow moveable eyes and multiple headsculpts"

I voted for that one.
Agreed. Just give me an extra body. The 300ish is starting to hinder the whole project. Screw the money and make the most awesome set we can think of. This figure is almost 40 years in the making. It better be perfect. If you put your aside 20$ per year we could talk about 700ish. Let’s go all in guys. It’s just 20$.

Confused on the polling and what Joost is saying. I thought the current plan was to have 2 sculpts, neutral and BD, while having 3 mouth swap outs for each.

His wording seems to indicate that doing moving eyes would sacrifice us getting 2-3 static sculpts that would have a slight difference in eye expression. So are they not doing 6 mouth pieces with 2 static eye plates? Someone suggested moving eyes and then having the swap out mouth pieces but Joost is saying it would cost 2x-3x more. But wouldn't it just be the original plan of having 2 eyes plates, 6 mouth pieces but with 2 pairs of movable eyes?

With the way people are voting though, I'm guessing we won't be getting them.

q5k9xcy.png

xVx1nZI.png

Agreed. Just give me an extra body. The 300ish is starting to hinder the whole project. Screw the money and make the most awesome set we can think of. This figure is almost 40 years in the making. It better be perfect. If you put your aside 20$ per year we could talk about 700ish. Let’s go all in guys. It’s just 20$.

I'm actually gonna be kinda bummed if we don't get moveable eyes which is pretty much where we're heading :ROFLMAO: Still going to preorder the 2 pack version. But yeah, I don't get the $300 max price point thing, especially if Joost only needs 500 orders to make it happen. His entire customer base have been spending $1500+ on a single item. 89 Batmobile preorders were huge for them and that's with Hot Toys re-release competition for a significantly cheaper price. Just doesn't seem like a hugely requested and popular Returns Catwoman for $400 would have more trouble than $300 price to meet their minimum order number requirement.

For the true grail piece, gonna have to start begging Inart to do a Returns Catwoman :LOL:. Would easily pay Phoneix Joker prices if they do the two pack with Catwoman and Selina Kyle in their quality.

Movable eyes is great if done well, but may be one hell of a production challenge the first time out. Not impossible obviously, and one could presumably use existing figures for reverse engineering to a degree, but getting it right on the factory floor may be another story.

As @Wor-Gar has pointed out, a subtle upwards look on the eyes -- if static -- would likely beat the thousand-yard stare somewhat.
Agreed, it even took HT a while to get the moving eyes right, and I'd hate to get stuck with the sunken in eyes we got with InArt Joker.

Joost might have to change his business model a bit with 1/6 figures lol. Getting feedback on vehicle is one thing but getting feedback on things like facial expressions and eyes will be overwhelming.

Surprised so little support for moving eyes in that poll. I'd be willing to pay a little extra as long as they're done well but not $700 lol.

Surprised so little support for moving eyes in that poll. I'd be willing to pay a little extra as long as they're done well but not $700 lol.

Well they deleted one of the poll options for movable eyes, and with it a ton of votes. Joost clearly doesn’t want to add moving eyes - even as a separate option. Frustrating.

Last edited:
Judging by his comments to others, it's obvious he doesn't want to do movable eyes.

One reason I prefer movable eyes is because I don't trust mass production painting of eyes that aren't straight on. It's much easier to adjust the eyes on your own. Perhaps painted eyes for a sculpt looking straight on and then movable eyes for other sculpts with expressions.

We ain’t getting moving eyes, i said that already. If that means 3-4 sculpts that’s more than satisfying imo. Multiple heads would be wonderful.

If they arent ready to do moving eyes yet, dont think it should be forced. Then we end up with dog ****. Multiple sculpts with different eye placements, and mouth plates, should provide plenty of variety for what you could need.

People in the Aragorn thread complaining about the moving eyes... and here we have people begging for it. :lol

I agree, if Joost isn't completely confident about the process then leave it behind. Painted eyes have been working for decades.

Back