Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he may have meant that more as the 'difficulty' and varied opinions of collectors and their feedback online. :lol
I thought he mentioned the difficulty of likeness and all of the intricacies that go into a figure as opposed to what he’s experienced with molding parts, assembling, and painting during his vehicle production runs. All of this is fresh to him, he’s realizing it’s much more than just a standard body, some clothing, and a sculpt. He’s faced with body proportions, articulation, of which he’s attempting to tackle feminine proportions straight out of the gate in a latex like suit which proves unforgiving on an exposed jointed body, HT hasn’t even mastered that yet. It’s no easy task to make one of the most seductive outfits and bodies in comic book film accurately when you’re not experienced in producing a traditional male body yet.

Last edited:
I would imagine its a combination of both... but the sheer volume of collectors voices has gone to the power of 10 compared to the more manageable size of 'vehicle collectors'.

I don't have the 66 Batmobile and the paint finish on that one seems like the typical car paint finish but I don't know how it feels to the touch. I have his other products and while the scale is impressive, overall I've always felt they lacked that refined finish which you can find on a retail product. Somehow, it still has that custom finished kit feel to it. With the 89 Batmobile, I'm expecting it to be different since he seems to be pulling all the stops to make it their best product so far.

Suffice to say, I understand what Nick is trying to convey. He's entering a different arena as an official product. At the very least, he must be able to match Hot Toy's best efforts. You don't to be that product that collectors will think "this will do just because the others will probably never do it anyway."

I don't have the 66 Batmobile and the paint finish on that one seems like the typical car paint finish but I don't know how it feels to the touch. I have his other products and while the scale is impressive, overall I've always felt they lacked that refined finish which you can find on a retail product. Somehow, it still has that custom finished kit feel to it. With the 89 Batmobile, I'm expecting it to be different since he seems to be pulling all the stops to make it their best product so far.

Suffice to say, I understand what Nick is trying to convey. He's entering a different arena as an official product. At the very least, he must be able to match Hot Toy's best efforts. You don't to be that product that collectors will think "this will do just because the others will probably never do it anyway."

Agree about lacking that "refined finish". Sold the 89 batwing and 2022 batmobile mainly because of this. I mentioned the paint apps being lackluster on facebook and was told that I don't know high-end craftsmanship. I collect Amalgam models so :huh Pre-ordered the 89 Batmobile so we'll see how that turns out. I will say that it's the one vehicle that I would be ok with paying to get repainted.

Unlike the vehicles, I need to see a completed physical prototype and details confirmed before committing.

Also not sure how I feel about making changes to the sculpt based on the painter's feedback when their paint app on the sculpt is so weak..

Also not sure how I feel about making changes to the sculpt based on the painter's feedback when their paint app on the sculpt is so weak..
Regardless of how you feel about her paint draft (and it's stated on Instagram, the Facebook group, and multiple times in this thread that it is not her final paintjob) she is absolutely right about the eyes being a bit too far apart and the tip of the nose being a little too wide. She's not right about the width of the mask between the eyes, but it apparently got Sean Dabbs thinking he should shift it slightly. Like the paint, the sculpt needs further refinement, and any feedback that Sean Dabbs takes and actually gets him to do that is good.

Last edited:
Sean is about to test print the updated sculpt. The shape looks miles better now. :clap

19C9A041-F6B3-4C0B-8538-745220D49D66.jpeg

Sean is about to test print the updated sculpt. The shape looks miles better now. :clap

View attachment 709953
Just a few minor improvements to the eyes and nose, and it already looks significantly better, but this render seems to have brought out some folks in the Facebook group that Sean Dabbs may not have encountered all that much before, but Joost should be pretty familiar with...rivet counters...or in this case, stitch counters. There should be six between the eyes instead of four. Seems kinda weird, since those older sculpts of Sean's had the correct number of stitches there. They weren't placed quite right, but the number was correct.

The newest render of the neutral head Jazzinc posted, maybe it's just me , but I'm seeing more Audrey Hepburn than Michelle Pfeiffer here, hopefully it will look better with the new paint sample soon.
Screenshot_20240627-205218_Gallery.jpg

I just don't think the sculpt is there yet.

Still, it's a promising project. But Joost needs to brace himself for the shitstorm that's about to hit. Making 1/6 vehicles is not the same as making figures. Especially with the bar that's being set.

I have complete faith in Joost. We need to wait to see what he presents at the preorders opening before criticizing the effort. Design input is one thing, but predicting failure before we see what’s actually for sale is unproductive at best.

Joost is a collector and wants to make the figure _he’s_ always wanted. He’ll want something worthy of being displayed with his $1500 ‘89 Batmobile.

Let’s be patient about this. Remember, we only know about this because Joost was forced to announce prematurely.

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2049.jpeg

There’s too much skin below the eyebrows to be Pfeiffer on that sculpt, her eyes sink in towards her nose as well, lips are the wrong shape completely, nose shape is off. Her face is very round, with a wider jaw. Very much design input, that sculpt needs a lot of work.

Side note -

I’m curious to see how the loose thread holding the mask together will be implemented onto a sculpted mask on the battle damaged version.

IMG_2052.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think anything JazzInc will show will please everyone, too many cooks in the kitchen at this point and everyone sees everything differently...
Funny how nobody said that in the new Hottoys Wolverine thread. I suppose everyone just miraculously sees that Hugh Jackman sculpt the same way, lol

Last edited:
The computer with photoshop is running a LOOOOOONG update, so I did this in MS paint, so it's a little rough. There's too much space between the nose and mouth and her head is just a bit too long. I used the top points of the upper lip as a demarcation line and moved everything below it up just a tiny bit, giving her that rounder head Michelle should have. I also widened her nostrils.
1719527692039.png

Last edited:
Back