Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Sheeet , officially licensed ! OG Sideshow Freaks was an incredible forum for all the artists to show their passion. Jazz Inc is one of those. This looks awesome. I wonder what other 1/6 figure they got planned?

Michelle Pfeiffer Batman GIF
Michelle Pfeiffer Thank You GIF by patternbase
tim burton catwoman GIF

The sculpt needs an expression of some kind, either with the eyes or lips, or both. This isn’t a character that will benefit from your traditional eyes straight ahead, relaxed bland face. Make her look seductive, or like she’d rather be somewhere else, anything but the emotionless feeling the current sculpts give off.

The sculpt needs an expression of some kind, either with the eyes or lips, or both. This isn’t a character that will benefit from your traditional eyes straight ahead, relaxed bland face. Make her look seductive, or like she’d rather be somewhere else, anything but the emotionless feeling the current sculpts give off.
There wlll be three mouths for the standard version. There are at least two headsculpts in the works and possibly a third. I am sure these will have different eyes. I can't say yet (because I don't know) if the eyes will be doing anything besides looking in different directions, but I'm very sure that they will be doing at least that.

I’m aware of the three face plates idea Joost wants to implement, but none of them have her likeness so swapping one, for another, doesn’t help much. Similar to all of the mouth plates HT has given for Bale, they aren’t scene specific which is why they look nothing like Bales Batman. Is Sean willing to sculpt scene specifically?

Dabbs has been sculpting Pfeiffer for a while now; I wish I could find photos of the sculpt I owned a while back, they're buried somewhere on a hard drive -- it was excellent, and I've seen other sculpts of his (I think I used to follow him on Facebook before I deleted my account) that were also excellent.

The paint is likely to be the more decisive factor for this figure. Admittedly, the prototype (and it was only a prototype!) did seem a little bit off here and there, but I'm sure it'll be refined further.

As for an expression and movable eyes ... I don't know if he's going to risk either.

Wow, lot's of feedback. Scary indeed. It's clear we won't be able to please everyone and the Facebook group seems to vote differently than the opinions I see here, but I am readying and listening. Together we will make this work!

Is it possible movable eyes could be reconsidered?

No good. Way too much real estate. The figure should be the centrepiece, not the background.

Also, this doesn't best capture the spirit of the film in my opinion, even if it's based on her apartment front.

@JazzInc Maybe something like this instead? Have the HELL HERE sign on the base front. And some snow perhaps..

catwomantw11.jpg

ISDCCBAT8252314_01_ml.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, lot's of feedback. Scary indeed. It's clear we won't be able to please everyone and the Facebook group seems to vote differently than the opinions I see here, but I am readying and listening. Together we will make this work!
I know I’m probably in the minority on this, but would interchangeable eye plates a la the Hot Toys Spider-Man and Deadpool figures be more feasible/practical to produce than a PERS-type system? I can’t speak for everyone, but I feel like, with the variety of faceplates, a variety of eye plates with different brow placement/levels of expressiveness might be more apropos of the character. Plus, if you wanted, it would even provide an avenue to experiment with different iris placement/directionality, paint wise if you wanted one of the options to be her looking sideways or something, for instance.

Her cowl design and the negative space between her eyes and where the cowl meets definitely seem conducive to such a system/like it could work.

No good. Way too much real estate. The figure should be the centrepiece, not the background.

Also, this doesn't best capture the spirit of the film in my opinion, even if it's based on her apartment front.

@JazzInc Maybe something like this instead? Have the HELL HERE sign on the base front. And some snow perhaps..

View attachment 710919
View attachment 710921
PLEASE no. The apartment background is actually film-accurate and Hell Here is way more iconic. These bases are, frankly, cat-crap. WHYYYY are fans so insistent on these types of display pieces that don't represent ACTUAL moments from the source material?!

PLEASE no. The apartment background is actually film-accurate and Hell Here is way more iconic. These bases are, frankly, cat-crap. WHYYYY are fans so insistent on these types of display pieces that don't represent ACTUAL moments from the source material?!
Frankly, there’s far more things to be concerned about here than a base.

Important details get put on the back burner while a lot of the focus gets put into something that is irrelevant at the end of the day. InArt did the same thing with Phoenix Joker, yeah the base dios are cool for those wanting to replicate scenes, but your suit isn’t accurate and the face paint is too high on his head. I don’t factor in a base I’ll never use, into the price of a figure. I’m looking at this figure as a $300-$400 figure, if the base is a large reason for the price, scrap it and put those funds into the figure.

For the mouthplates, I’d say pick five iconic facial expressions directly from scenes in the film, then let people vote for the best three.

Last edited:

Important details get put on the back burner while a lot of the focus gets put into something that is irrelevant at the end of the day. InArt did the same thing with Phoenix Joker, yeah the base dios are cool for those wanting to replicate scenes, but your suit isn’t accurate and the face paint is too high on his head. I don’t factor in a base I’ll never use, into the price of a figure. I’m looking at this figure as a $300-$400 figure, if the base is a large reason for the price, scrap it and put those funds into the figure.

For the mouthplates, I’d say pick five iconic facial expressions directly from scenes in the film, then let people vote for the best three.
Company's name literally has "dioramas" right in it... Clearly, it's something Jazzinc. is going to care about.

Holy Sheeet , officially licensed ! OG Sideshow Freaks was an incredible forum for all the artists to show their passion. Jazz Inc is one of those. This looks awesome. I wonder what other 1/6 figure they got planned

I think companies rarely make scene-specific sculpts because it would be too easy for people to just put up the source image side by side to compare and pick things apart.
Whereas if you go for non-scene specific sculpts, it would be much easier for people to say the likeness is subjective and people see things differently without any solid reference. I honestly don't blame companies to take the second route, why make things more difficult for yourself if you don't have to.

I see it in a similar way. The main focus should be the headsculpt and the expressions. However if they nail this base then I am also not against it. Especially with a good light up feature which Jazzinc is known for. This would elevate the piece not gonna lie.

Company's name literally has "dioramas" right in it... Clearly, it's something Jazzinc. is going to care about.
So why not offer it separately like all of his other dioramas if it’s going to affect how much of his limited budget goes into the figure?? Caring about it is one thing, putting the cart before the horse is another…
I think companies rarely make scene-specific sculpts because it would be too easy for people to just put up the source image side by side to compare and pick things apart.
Whereas if you go for non-scene specific sculpts, it would be much easier for people to say the likeness is subjective and people see things differently without any solid reference. I honestly don't blame companies to take the second route, why make things more difficult for yourself if you don't have to.
While I agree, yes it’s difficult to capture it perfectly, Mars tried with Riddler and the likeness isn’t there, but the expression helps sell the main pose everyone wants to put him in. If a sculptor isn’t referring to a scene then what are they sculpting? How do you get the features accurate if you’re not looking at them in the moment. Faces change a lot due to lighting, expressions, movement, so to get as close to the target as you can, you reference high quality freeze frames.

When an artist sculpts scene specifically it can do magic if the talent is there.

IMG_2070.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

I see it in a similar way. The main focus should be the headsculpt and the expressions. However if they nail this base then I am also not against it. Especially with a good light up feature which Jazzinc is known for. This would elevate the piece not gonna lie.
I certainly wouldn’t say no if it’s done exceptionally well, I’m worried it’ll heavily soak up Joosts’ attention and resources, nail the prototype before a base is even mentioned.

Last edited:
I would agree. Focus on the figure. Get that right and the bells and whistle will just add to it. I know it's early, but it just seems like it's a look at this and that situation with the figure not being the focal point. At this point in the journey I don't care about backdrops. I'm not sold on the figure, yet. I know their is faith in Joost with good reason. Having to announce and reveal this before it was ready was put on his plate. Growing pains are a *****. Everyone and their buttholes are out. I hope they are prepared.

Back