Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that diorama. Looks big enough to have either Batman or Penguin on there with her.

A generic Gothic background works better for multiple figures -- like the rooftop Catwoman and Peguin share champagne or the Rose window for Batman and Catwoman.
IMG_2075.jpeg

An expression similar to what JND did, showing a bit of personality and spunk with a less is more approach I’d really like, it just seems criminal not to have a grin sculpt be the main sculpt for this character. I wouldn’t mind a snow-layered stone rooftop, or the bird cage hanging next to her on the base, but this current base looks like it’ll completely drown out any detail on the figure as big as it is and being all stone, it’s tough to make a busy background compliment a subtle single toned figure.

Last edited:
I liked the base that came with the Tweeterhead statue. Looked like the top of a building with the cat from Shreck’s department store. I get not wanting to copy something that’s been done though.

She definitely needs personality. I like a more smug or maybe even contemptuous sneer myself. A one-sided smirk works well too.

Attitude!
Agreed, I just figured since we’re getting both clean and battle damaged that the clean figure can use a playfully seductive grin with a bit of attitude in it, while the battle damaged can use the full out bitchy pissed off expression.

If going this route, I would trim it down to where it's just the backplate without the roof. You lose Catwoman among it all as is. Most people will have her in a Detolf, Billy or something similar so I imagine size will be an issue as well.

NbRhTuA.png
Agreed, keep it window sill only.

Joost should just start a "Torn Clothes" line for those people. Like the Zombified figures, but with their clothing shredded, in sexy pin-up style with knees bent and a silly Oh expression.

Joost should just start a "Torn Clothes" line for those people. Like the Zombified figures, but with their clothing shredded, in sexy pin-up style with knees bent and a silly Oh expression.
Yeah, I’ll limit sexual desires to people. When I’m focused on a girl I’m not thinking about figures, when I’m looking at figures I’m not thinking about a girl. Marrying the two just seems like weirdo behavior, almost immediately gives the impression that you take cosplaying into the bedroom. If I cared enough to have a practically naked body on the shelf it would be for artistic anatomy reference when oil painting.

It is possible but the group has voted, and the majority prefer extra head sculpts, so I am keeping it in the back of my mind
Out of curiosity have you even tried to create a prototype with the movable eyes and swap out faceplates? Wouldn’t faceplates and movable eyes be cheaper than producing and painting three separate head sculpts? Not to mention you can achieve so many different looks.

Out of curiosity have you even tried to create a prototype with the movable eyes and swap out faceplates? Wouldn’t faceplates and movable eyes be cheaper than producing and painting three separate head sculpts? Not to mention you can achieve so many different looks.
Surely a sculpt with multiple removable parts would be more expensive to produce rather than just 3 separate heads that only require painting and not assembly/alignment ect.

I like that diorama. Looks big enough to have either Batman or Penguin on there with her.
Yes, but is it the best background for either Batman or Penguin...? Is her residence the central display of the movie?
No but then I'm not too worried about everything having to be 100% scene accurate.

A diorama that can only fit one figure seems a bit of a waste of space to me.

Surely a sculpt with multiple removable parts would be more expensive to produce rather than just 3 separate heads that only require painting and not assembly/alignment ect.
Yeah idk the cost of everything but having a main cowl and three smaller pieces and two plug in eyes seems like it would be using less materials in the long run. Less paint and less casting material.

Last edited:
Three sculpts seems excessive, production on three sculpts per figure, not including the battle damaged second figure seems like you’re asking for a nightmare of QC inspection chasing uniformity.

Chances are people chose that option because they believe they’re getting a better deal and can’t turn down the extra stuff. When’s the last time Hot Toys or InArt offered three sculpts, you’re asking for mediocrity in at least one of them. I see us really liking one of the three, and throwing the other two back in the box never to be seen again, if the base is too big for our tastes, that goes back into the box as well, appears to be a lot of excess plastic to pad out a release. A bare bones Catwoman with a strong likeness with accurate suit and body proportions is all I need.

We do have the smile mouth plate which looks fantastic. If there were moveable eyes you could add a lot to the pose by making her look up and tilt the head down, or looking to the side with this smirk/smile.

View attachment 711018
That would really shine with a slight head tilt and some sweet side-eye action.
Where we’re at these days, I can’t really consider a mass produced figure to be high end without rolling eyes.

A bare bones Catwoman with a strong likeness with accurate suit and body proportions is all I need.
100%.
I have no interest in a gigantic diorama for her. A light up HELL HERE sign would be awesome but the entire bloody apartment building as well?!?! I guess that’s what Jazz does but it’s not for me.

Just make my Shreck corp logo vinyl sticker idea a reality and that’ll be all the ‘member this scene’ sauce I need.

The postage and import fees will be high enough for me just to order a shoebox sized single figure so it’d likely cost an entire HT figure extra to add on a large diorama just in fees.

I’d expect to get the regular and battle damaged figure if everything comes together when protos are finally revealed so I really hope nothing essential is locked behind the diorama paywall.

Modular dioramas are handy so let’s also have modular purchasing options. Start with the basic figure and then just select your additionals. That’s the dream.

Last edited:
Back