Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current stitching is sculpted and 3D printed as a “placeholder”.

Joost mentioned the stitching on the final figure will be similar to webbing on a Hot Toys Spider-Man figure - so it won’t be nearly as chunky/raised.

I’m sure it’ll look much better/cleaner on the final figure.
Got it, thanks for this.

In the promo pics posted earlier, are we seeing the custom body or just the Phicen placeholder body?
Placeholder Phicen for now.

The angry gritting sculpt and meow sculpts are by far my favorites. Hope both of those come in the non battle damaged set.
Those are my favorites as well, unfortunately the Angry is for the Battle Damaged Version.
I don’t think I can put down $800+ for a two pack of Catwoman. Didn’t think I’d shift towards Clean but it looks like that’s what I’ll go with. Glad to hear about it looking to mimic the HT Rami Spider webbing.
I want to see more of this whip.

a few shots of the clean catwoman now. What do you think?View attachment 726811View attachment 726812View attachment 726813
Ok this looks great, and even the diorama backdrop (which I wasn’t sold on based on the renders) is really working well (however, I don’t think this diorama makes sense to also be included with the battle-damaged figure if that is still the plan).

The only complaint I continue to have is that the eyes look like someone’s really well done homemade custom, right down to not always appearing to have both eyes looking the same direction. If movable eyes are still in the cards I believe that could solve everythng.

This release is looking great, I have been casually watching this thread and didn't plan on buying it but I think I'm in.

In the promo pics posted earlier, are we seeing the custom body or just the Phicen placeholder body?

The angry gritting sculpt and meow sculpts are by far my favorites. Hope both of those come in the non battle damaged set.
Joost said in the most recent stream that this is the placeholder body, and the custom will be a lot more accurate to her body type. And so far the weird, stretched out body is my only complaint with this, so I'm looking forward to seeing it with better proportions.

Is the suit material the same as it was in that video? It looked more accurate there.

I’m starting to lean towards the clean look for this, kind of like the sculpts better. The Meow look is quickly becoming my favorite of the eight.

View attachment 726790
For the clean figure, if we’re getting 3 heads I would want these two and then the tongue-out head (my fave but obviously has limited application).

We are well aware and we will bring our A game. With the help of Kit Chen from OneSixthKit and his network in Asia.

Anyway, time to vote. Which of these four should be included in the battle damaged DX version (choose 3). Moderators, could you start a poll?View attachment 726787

2, 3, 4 for sure. Gorgeous work!! I might actually be leaning toward 2 as my favorite here, she just has that sadness to her right before scratching Bruce's face off.

Stunning. The 3rd sculpt is almost certainly the one I would display. It captures that manic intensity that Michelle brought to her version. Number 2 is essential as well. I would vote for number 4 as the final vote as I think the more neutral pose will work better with a cleaner version. But I will be displaying her with that smirk. Joost, I am putting aside funds for both versions. You are going to make a lot of collectors very happy!

I am also concerned about the "pixel" like texture on the body. Is that just a placeholder image to give an idea of how it all will look together? I hope so. The smirking face is my favorite of all the sculpts, then I would say the "meow" face. I still think there should be a big grinning smile. Neutral is...fine. I won't beat a dead horse, but the tongue is still a no for me. Even based on what I'm seeing here, it's just...off putting. Moveable eyes are still on the table? Because this figure is begging for them.

For the battle-damaged: number 3 (the intense snarl) is the winner, winner. And it's not even close. It smokes all three of the others. 4 would be next. Totally unmasked would be even better than either of the other options. Quite frankly, sculpt 3 with an unmasked head would be perfection (for me). It wouldn't need anything else.

Love the Hell Here back-drop. It's so iconic. If it actually lights-up, jeez. That will look SO damned great on a shelf.

I wish the stitching was actually thread as apposed to sculpted on the suit. Maybe this’ll help it better tie in to the sculpted thread on the sculpt? Not sure, just prefer real materials for the majority of things in 1:6, no issues with a sculpted corset though.
The real costume had sculpted latex stitches glued onto the suit. They were not real stitches.

So at this stage Jazz is actually very screen accurate 😎

The real costume had sculpted latex stitches glued onto the suit. They were not real stitches.

So at this stage Jazz is actually very screen accurate 😎
Looks like real stitches to me.
You can even see the holes in the costume itself.

IMG_4528.jpeg

Yeah, I wonder if that's just the pattern of the fabric underneath the vinyl/pleather layer and it looks big because of the figure's small scale.

Yup, looks like the material has a sort of texture running through it, maybe from what’s underneath the material.
I’d prefer it didn’t, but we need to remember a latex outfit on 1/6th would not only be hard to fit well onto the figure but it would also fall apart easily over time.
I’m sure they tried many materials and had to find a middle ground.
I’ve always been under the impression that the costume material is why companies have avoided making her for so long. It would always be the trickiest part of re-creating her in 1/6th. The few 3rd party versions we’ve seen look ill fitted costume wise to me.

I’m guessing the texture looks less noticeable in real life under normal lights and not zoomed in for professional photography.

Back