Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a good idea, actually. Butttt. Looking at these two examples, it's like, guys. Come on. I know we can't expect Hot Toys level competitiveness here, buttttt:

Jazzinc Catwoman (Basic) - $379. One head-sculpt. Whip, Tazer, Snow Base.

vs.

Hot Toys Batman Returns Batman (Deluxe) - $340. Two head-sculpts. One unmasked/BD! A glider. An impressive base. Face plates. Multiple Accessories.

Both of these are BEFORE taxes, import costs, etc.

Do--do you see where I'm struggling with this? If the Basic was, let's say, $480, and included the Hell Here dio I wouldn't be nearly so harsh. But it feels, at least to me, that in trying to please everyone, Jazzinc came in to these threads and read whatever was the prevailing opinion of the moment (and you all know how fleeting the consensus could be), locked in on those, and here we are. Seems like he came in on a "The dio is too large! AXE IT!" moment.

You can argue that HT is reusing a lot of stuff (like the body and cowl etc) and Jazz is making it all custom for the first time. I get why it's more expensive. Totally understandable.

He was mentioned as a possibility along with Vicki Vale, Alfred and Bob the Goon.

Hard to see the point in doing an Alfred with Mars’ “Old Housekeeper” already being a fantastic figure, with multiple outfits, likely $200 cheaper than what JazzInc would put out, and still readily available on Kit’s site.

I would be interested in a Bob though.

Last edited:
That's a good idea, actually. Butttt. Looking at these two examples, it's like, guys. Come on. I know we can't expect Hot Toys level competitiveness here, buttttt:

vs.

Hot Toys Batman Returns Batman (Deluxe) - $340. Two head-sculpts. One unmasked/BD! A glider. An impressive base. Face plates. Multiple Accessories.

Do--do you see where I'm struggling with this? If the Basic was, let's say, $480, and included the Hell Here dio I wouldn't be nearly so harsh. But it feels, at least to me, that in trying to please everyone, Jazzinc came in to these threads and read whatever was the prevailing opinion of the moment (and you all know how fleeting the consensus could be), locked in on those, and here we are. Seems like he came in on a "The dio is too large! AXE IT!" moment.
I see your point but if the regular came with two of the three sculpts how many would then get the deluxe?

Maybe allowing buyers to choose which one of the three heads they want with the regular would have been a way to make it more appealing but I've no idea on the logistics of that.

It's an impossible task for Joost to please everyone. So much conflicting feedback.

Hard to see the point in doing an Alfred with Mars’ “Old Housekeeper” already being a fantastic figure, with multiple outfits, likely $200 cheaper than what JazzInc would put out, and still readily available on Kit’s site.

Batman 89 Armoury, only available in the Batman and Alfred 2 pack.

vs.

I'm with you mate - the cost versus whats actually in the package is just so far apart, this figure is overpriced for what you are getting no doubt.
A point made all the more clear when you compare Inart or HT packages to this one at the same price ranges.

Again, I could have justified a slightly higher cost if it included the diorama, but the basic is going for a DX price and the DX is going for way too much, it almost feels like the package was changed by removing the diorama but the price stayed the same.

The double-pack is the only one whose price isn't insanely out of whack considering it essentially has the diorama factored into the price of the DX options, still pricey but at least you can see some of the value in the price.
But the problem there is, like yourself, I am only really interested in one of the sculpts from each package and the diorama so getting the 2-pack is such a waste considering I have no interest in 4 of the heads.

Lets be honest with ourselves here - if these same packages were being offered at the same prices by Hot Toys or Inart this forum would be ripping them a new hole over the price vs package.
I like @JazzInc , he seems like a decent guy and I really appreciate his passion but I am not going to allow my affability for the man, my desire to see a new company succeed, or my desire to purchase this character dissuade me from telling the truth - this is overpriced for what you get and the package options are too restrictive while simultaneously being needlessly complicated.
The options ought to be:
- a basic version with 1 head sculpt that you choose from the list of head options
- The DX with all head sculpts
- The diorama
Allowing folks to pick and choose what they want, which has been my position from the start - locking option behind paywalls, especially at these prices, is just not decent.
I imagine I am going to get some hate for saying this, but I suspect many of you will agree with me, openly or not.

Last edited:
I see your point but if the regular came with two of the three sculpts how many would then get the deluxe?

Maybe allowing buyers to choose which one of the three heads they want with the regular would have been a way to make it more appealing but I've no idea on the logistics of that.

It's an impossible task for Joost to please everyone. So much conflicting feedback.

Its the simplest thing in the world, @Kit Chen and @JazzInc include a drop down menu of the heads on the order page for the basic versions, KIT Gundamit GiantToys KGHobby and pretty much any retailer I can think of has that drop-down menu option for releases with different options or packages like Hot Toys special editions.
Just have a drop down menu of the head options to be selected when placing a pre-order.
That way people who want a particular head can order it, and people who want all the heads can do so by ordering the DX.
The diorama ought to have been a separate purchase to begin with so people who want the diorama can get it without being forced to get the 2-pack and people who want the 2 DX can order them separately without getting the diorama if they dont want it like @Wor-Gar

here you go, an image of @Kit Chen using the options feature on their website, just have options describing the heads [smirking, snarl, lick etc] that you pick from before you can add to cart.
1729279144621.png

Mars doesn't need to cover licensing fees though

I really think the dio should be offered by itself. They're called JazzInc "Dioramas" after all. Just make the option available. Problem solved.
There's actually a whole range of Batman movie dioramas they could make. Maybe a rooftop one for Batman and Catwoman, a snow base for the Batmobile, Penguin's bed for Catwoman to lie on...

Hell I would buy a whole other Catwoman figure just for that display. 😁

tumblr_8afa8d6a3b90d1b484400e88e5b8e87b_f0dbda49_540.gif

Last edited:
No one has ever done accessory packs... but I imagine if anyone was to try it, Joost might be the guy.

I'm not sure it works on an initial offering. You have to build a base. Otherwise, let's say you have, to make it easy, 400 buyers... you'd have to make available 400 DX sets and 400 singles and then 400 extra single heads so people could pick and choose. That leaves a lot of stock that won't sell. Every time a DX set sells, you just made 3 extra heads they don't need. It would be very difficult to gauge perfectly.

The only way to control that would be to have a 2 month selling window and not make a thing until ALL orders are in. But then you could be missing a ton of sales down the line, especially on release for the wait-and-see buyers.

I'm quite certain its even more complicated in reality that my little example. But you see the issue.

That leaves a lot of stock that won't sell. Every time a DX set sells, you just made 3 extra heads they don't need. It would be very difficult to gauge perfectly.
Exactly. The only way this would work is if the product was Made-To-Order. Otherwise it's a potential waste of time, development and money.

By Q2 of 2026 these prices will feel pretty normal, if I had to guess. At least in the US. I don't see HT staying in the $250-$300 price range for many figures much longer.

I'm referring to $350+ prices for a single figure of course.
Thats not the point.
This a company who are producing their first 1/6 figure and we all have no sense of how it might turn out.
To pay such a premium price and with them having no pedigree is highly risky and I for one won't be taking that risk, especially when there were quite a few qc issues with their vehicles, and I don't see 1/6 being any different.

Last edited:
Thats not the point.
This a company who are producing their first 1/6 figure and we all have no sense of how it might turn out.
To pay such a premium price and with them having no pedigree is highly risky and I for one won't be taking that risk, especially when there were quite a few qc issues with their vehicles, and I don't see 1/6 being any different.
He's stated he will update us on the production. Idk what more you're expecting. It's far more than HT offers.

But yeah, just don't buy it and be happy with your decision. I'm buying and I'm happy with my decision. I'm not looking to change your mind and you're certainly not changing mine.

I'm still conflicted on how to securely display her. I just don't trust the magnets but maybe it'll work...

Joost is using magnets...? I really don't want to have to use that big snow stand, but if that's the only way.

Maybe that's one of the "if sales go well" things he could add -- a smaller profile magnetic stand.

What I'd really like is just two small "snow-shoe" shaped puffs of snow that attach to her heels to help stabilize her with a wider footprint but read as small piles of snow.

You can argue that HT is reusing a lot of stuff (like the body and cowl etc) and Jazz is making it all custom for the first time. I get why it's more expensive. Totally understandable.
A body and a latex suit is not that much to be fair.

Joost is using magnets...? I really don't want to have to use that big snow stand, but if that's the only way.

Maybe that's one of the "if sales go well" things he could add -- a smaller profile magnetic stand.

What I'd really like is just two small "snow-shoe" shaped puffs of snow that attach to her heels to help stabilize her with a wider footprint but read as small piles of snow.
Yep. Magnetic boots and snow base.

Back